Is Google Adwords good for selling ebooks?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Is Google Adwords good for selling ebooks?

Post by Johnny1975 »

I've got a couple of books on Amazon but I'm not shifting many copies.

So I've made a landing page for one of them, and it consists of an article giving advice about the topic, followed by a freebie (PDF) offer / sign up form. On the last page of the free PDF I mention the actual book, with a link to my Gumroad sales page for the book. So, the visitor to the landing page reads my article and gets some value, then they sign up and get more free info in the PDF, then hopefully they'll buy the book.

I've been reading about Google Adwords and I have an account. At first it was tricky but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

But now I'm wondering, is it worth it? I know that Adwords is a good way to get traffic but does it work well with ebooks? What I mean is, an ebook doesn't cost much, and I'm wondering how many clicks I'll have to buy and how much it will cost, before I get a sale. Am I wasting my time, or is there a way?

Are any of you selling ebooks and using Adwords to get traffic to your landing / sales page?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: Is Google Adwords good for selling ebooks?

Post by Johnny1975 »

?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

??
FlyingMoose
Freshman Poster

Post by FlyingMoose »

I used Adwords for my business, through an agency that optimized everything as much as possible. I got sick of paying thousands of dollars a month, cut everything off, and business didn't decrease even a tiny bit. So, in my experience, they are totally worthless.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Johnny1975 wrote:I've got a couple of books on Amazon but I'm not shifting many copies.

So I've made a landing page for one of them, and it consists of an article giving advice about the topic, followed by a freebie (PDF) offer / sign up form. On the last page of the free PDF I mention the actual book, with a link to my Gumroad sales page for the book. So, the visitor to the landing page reads my article and gets some value, then they sign up and get more free info in the PDF, then hopefully they'll buy the book.

I've been reading about Google Adwords and I have an account. At first it was tricky but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

But now I'm wondering, is it worth it? I know that Adwords is a good way to get traffic but does it work well with ebooks? What I mean is, an ebook doesn't cost much, and I'm wondering how many clicks I'll have to buy and how much it will cost, before I get a sale. Am I wasting my time, or is there a way?

Are any of you selling ebooks and using Adwords to get traffic to your landing / sales page?
Want to try and sell some copies on http://www.manbook.biz/ and http://www.a-man-zon.com/ ?

I am interested in selling more books on http://www.a-man-zon.com/.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Horrendous, in my experience. Tried with some vocabulary books -- useful words that had gone out of circulation. Got clicks, but virtually no buyers. Even when it was name your own price. Big waste of money.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:I've got a couple of books on Amazon but I'm not shifting many copies.

Want to try and sell some copies on http://www.manbook.biz/ and http://www.a-man-zon.com/ ?

I am interested in selling more books on http://www.a-man-zon.com/.
I'm interested. What do I need to do?
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

All,
I answered this privately.....but the offer is open to anyone who wants to sell books or anything else for that matter directed at men.

By "anything else" I mean quality products...not crap....I hope that is obvious.

Man-Book is getting 3,000+ views a day...plenty of them are bots but plenty of them are men. 77% of traffic is men.

Currently there is not much discussion going on...men are just reading the posts and passing along...there are 500 subs and I have been culling out the women as they register.

So the open offer is if a man has a product to sell he can have a post on the manbook.biz blog page to his own link. If he sells some books and it seems like there is a bit of interest he can have a product slot on A-MAN-ZON and promote his book on A-MAN-ZON. A-MAN-ZON is currently in AUD so any sale would come to me in AUD into my paypal. So books sold in the US where they are paid for in the US will have a double exchange rate hit for the time being. When I move A-MAN-ZON to multi currency that will go away.

On A-MAN-ZON you can also have a "go to affilate" link so if you can give me an affiliate link where I get credited for the sale then you can take the order on your own web site as well. This would be better for guys in the US because you would not have a foreign currency exchange. There are plenty of things I need to pay for in the US so I can accept USD in paypal for my commissions if we sell your books or other products.

Anyway....I would like to make A-MAN-ZON a success....and that means buyers and sellers of quality products and services....so far it is pretty slow.

Best Regards

Peter
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I've just emailed you Peter.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Don't use adwords, if your CPA is small..I'm certified Google Ad-words professional. It will eat up your money before you can say sell one book. Adwords has become profitable for only big corporations. The bids have gone up tremendously..like every six months, there is an increase of 30% in bids.

You need to already have a huge balance dollars to start in adwords. The best way to is to go SEO....write strong quality content...Content is the king rest all is BS...write 2000 words article for your ebook on a responsive landing page template and you should see good traffic in couple of months time.

The key to success online is to never giving up by losing least amount of money :)

good luck...
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

I don't know anything about Adwords, but I'd think writing eBooks is best a labor of love. I have a book that I'm now working on too. I would think it is almost impossible to make any money writing. I don't think you can make any money on youTube from ads either. Can somebody give me the numbers of viewers you need or number of click throughs you need to make $ dollars $? from Adsense? :roll: I also don't mean to be a party pooper, but all that online drop shipping business just doesn't make much money. If you can prove me wrong please do. I'll be glad to go down this road to make some extra money. :D
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

WorldTraveler wrote:

I don't know anything about Adwords, but I'd think writing eBooks is best a labor of love. I have a book that I'm now working on too. I would think it is almost impossible to make any money writing. I don't think you can make any money on youTube from ads either. Can somebody give me the numbers of viewers you need or number of click throughs you need to make $ dollars $? from Adsense? :roll: I also don't mean to be a party pooper, but all that online drop shipping business just doesn't make much money. If you can prove me wrong please do. I'll be glad to go down this road to make some extra money. :D

I've been thinking the same thing, about ebooks not being lucrative. But, depending on the topic, an ebook can be turned into a full information product by adding videos and audio. So that's what I'm going to be focusing on. I'm already working on a guitar course for beginners, but the problem is that with info products, you're limited as to what you can do.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

starchild5 wrote:Don't use adwords, if your CPA is small..I'm certified Google Ad-words professional. It will eat up your money before you can say sell one book. Adwords has become profitable for only big corporations. The bids have gone up tremendously..like every six months, there is an increase of 30% in bids.

You need to already have a huge balance dollars to start in adwords. The best way to is to go SEO....write strong quality content...Content is the king rest all is BS...write 2000 words article for your ebook on a responsive landing page template and you should see good traffic in couple of months time.

The key to success online is to never giving up by losing least amount of money :)

good luck...
What I've been thinking is that anyone can make money with adwords, but your product has to be highly priced enough to cover the cost of your bids. With a $5 ebook, there's not much room for profit. I've still got my campaign going but now it's just for the sake of seeing how well I am not doing. It's not like it's costing me hardly anything because I'm not getting many clicks. My daily budget is very low, but even if it was high enough to get me clicks every day it wouldn't be worth it.

If I show you my landing page, could you give me an honest critique?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Johnny1975 wrote:
starchild5 wrote:Don't use adwords, if your CPA is small..I'm certified Google Ad-words professional. It will eat up your money before you can say sell one book. Adwords has become profitable for only big corporations. The bids have gone up tremendously..like every six months, there is an increase of 30% in bids.

good luck...
What I've been thinking is that anyone can make money with adwords, but your product has to be highly priced enough to cover the cost of your bids. With a $5 ebook, there's not much room for profit. I've still got my campaign going but now it's just for the sake of seeing how well I am not doing. It's not like it's costing me hardly anything because I'm not getting many clicks. My daily budget is very low, but even if it was high enough to get me clicks every day it wouldn't be worth it.

Send me the link through PM...I will analyze it and send a review...
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Johnny1975 wrote:

good luck...

You are better off being an affiliate and setting up a store to sell other peoples stuff than to try and sell one book.

I just found out about JVZOO today....check this out.

Some of the software on there is selling like hotcakes and commissions are up to 50%...why create your own book when you can sell someone elses books or software that is already popular?

http://www.manbook.biz/2015/03/11/get-t ... l-website/