MrBlueLight's love diary in Manila

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: MrBlueLight's love diary in Manila

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on May 18th, 2020, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

OK something you said just confirmed a lot...

You're done with this thread? How about this forum? I doubt anyone would miss you.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on May 18th, 2020, 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

I thought you were done with this thread.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:You obviously suffer from paranoid delusions and stalkerish tendencies. Thats why will n dowd wished he never had met up with you. Its obvious the mr bluelight and ginger connection is also a figment of Rocks paranoid delusions.
If the IP's match, there is really no way of denying it at this point. Any troll stupid enough not to use a proxy will ultimately be caught, it's a given. He's hardly being paranoid by ridding the forums of trolls.

Now I wish Rock could check out the weird similarities between Zionisis and PaloAltoGuy... for a while they used the same profile picture, and whenever Zionisis returns after a long absence he makes a thread about PAG for some reasons; just check his posting history and started threads. Think there's a similar Ginger-like situation going on there.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Rock,

At the end of the day, newlifeinthephilippines and MrBlueLight have been single-handedly responsible for a couple dozen of very busy threads, including this one, and probably tens of thousands of page views. If quality contents is easily replaced by narcissistic posing, faking and trolling, and that suits Winston just OK because all he cares about is his ad revenue streams...all that ultimately begs the question...cui prodest? (Latin for "who is benefiting from it?).

This probably explains why trolls aren't being removed as swiftly as in most other Internet forums, or any public place that is worth its salt. Yes, they're entertaining, and they provide that dialectic minimum common denominator that makes the forum appear alive and busy, especially during dry spells. Yes, they're also annoying and don't add much value, if at all, if anything because made up stories cannot make valuable experience and cannot constitute advice.

So what to do with them?

I think the question is for Winston to answer. And, in the light of what I wrote in the first paragraph above, I believe I already know the answer.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Duende you sound very left brained, like you think way too much from your own perspective.

That's the problem with many of the management consultants, investment analysts, and other high paid advisors I've met. They are great at compiling fancy reports chock full of big words and giving slick presentations proposing complex action plans which sound sophisticated and may impress some.

But too often, they miss the essence. They approach things too analytically and don't invoke intuition or art. For example, most stock analysts in Hong Kong who earn millions of dollars a year don't pick stocks any better than taxi drivers if beating the market is your goal. They just know how to write, talk, and present as if they are geniuses lol. They forget to account for mass psychology or have no idea how to factor it in. Only a very small subset of them seriously add value over long term in real market conditions. That's why I always steer people away from actively managed mutual funds. Even bulk of hedge funds are garbage if not outright scams.

Winston is nothing like you nor a run of the mill netepreneur. Profit is not his passion. I've hung out with him enough to have a read on what makes him tick. Just last week, I hosted him a few days at my Bel-aire condo and a couple weeks before that, I hung out with him, Dianne, Angelo, and his parents in Global City and Ocean Park.

He's an in-the-moment type of guy who focuses on his passions, gut causes, and spirituality. Money, schedules, and other practicalities are just a burden to him. You might even say he's an anti-capitalist lol as he does not buy into the assumption that economies should continuously grow in perpetuity, at least not on a per capita basis. He lives frugally by nature (it's a Taiwanese thing that he seems to have gotten in spite of growing up in States) and will always be covered by Mom and Pop Wu whenever his website earnings don't cut it.

As for Ginger and her male troll assortment, if you like or miss them, then feel free to contact them offline.

BTW, something is off about Newlife too. Have you figured it out yet???
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Rock wrote:BTW, something is off about Newlife too. Have you figured it out yet???
Last edited by MarcosZeitola on March 4th, 2017, 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Rock wrote:Duende you sound very left brained, like you think way too much from your own perspective.

That's the problem with many of the management consultants, investment analysts, and other high paid advisors I've met. They are great at compiling fancy reports chock full of big words and giving slick presentations proposing complex action plans which sound sophisticated and may impress some.

But too often, they miss the essence. They approach things too analytically and don't invoke intuition or art. For example, most stock analysts in Hong Kong who earn millions of dollars a year don't pick stocks any better than taxi drivers if beating the market is your goal. They just know how to write, talk, and present as if they are geniuses lol. They forget to account for mass psychology or have no idea how to factor it in. Only a very small subset of them seriously add value over long term in real market conditions. That's why I always steer people away from actively managed mutual funds. Even bulk of hedge funds are garbage if not outright scams.

Winston is nothing like you nor a run of the mill netepreneur. Profit is not his passion. I've hung out with him enough to have a read on what makes him tick. Just last week, I hosted him a few days at my Bel-aire condo and a couple weeks before that, I hung out with him, Dianne, Angelo, and his parents in Global City and Ocean Park.

He's an in-the-moment type of guy who focuses on his passions, gut causes, and spirituality. Money, schedules, and other practicalities are just a burden to him. You might even say he's an anti-capitalist lol as he does not buy into the assumption that economies should continuously grow in perpetuity, at least not on a per capita basis. He lives frugally by nature (it's a Taiwanese thing that he seems to have gotten in spite of growing up in States) and will always be covered by Mom and Pop Wu whenever his website earnings don't cut it.

As for Ginger and her male troll assortment, if you like or miss them, then feel free to contact them offline.

BTW, something is off about Newlife too. Have you figured it out yet???
LOL thanks for the erudite explanation, Rock. I now have the ultimate confirmation that Winston basically doesn't give a shit about who trolls and who doesn't on this forum. He will pack whatever he can pack at the end of each month, courtesy AdSense et al., and go on with his life choices.

It's not about being left or right brained here. It's just that I can't stand trolls and fakers as they are a genuine waste of my time (I would say theirs too, but apparently they tend to have way too much of that in their hands). There's vast erotic and escapist literature if I want to entertain myself with the notion of young Western (or Asian, or black) studs discovering the empire of the senses in Asia. Don't know what to do with a Bluelight or a PaloAltoGuy. And I suspect a lot of the PUA/Roosh-like narrative is of that nature too.

Finally, wherever my brain stands, I agree with you with investmenr advice. I have never embarked in risky investment. I only tend to take on board risks which outcome depend largely on my own skills and effort (see my latest PM to you to understand what I mean ;) )
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

MarcosZeitola wrote: Now I wish Rock could check out the weird similarities between Zionisis and PaloAltoGuy... for a while they used the same profile picture, and whenever Zionisis returns after a long absence he makes a thread about PAG for some reasons; just check his posting history and started threads. Think there's a similar Ginger-like situation going on there.
I was thinking the same thing.
Especially when most of us were dutyfully letting pags threads slowly slide down into oblivion.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

But duende the problem is that you guys haven't been strong enough not to feed the trolls. once in a while you'd respond trying to get some reasoning out of the pos
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

droid wrote:But duende the problem is that you guys haven't been strong enough not to feed the trolls. once in a while you'd respond trying to get some reasoning out of the pos
Sometimes I did, like everybody else. The problem with trolls in this forum is that their posts often make up 75% of the new contents being posted. And when I do have half an hour spare time to catch up with HA and can reply to a few posts, chances are I will end up replying to theirs :)
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:You obviously suffer from paranoid delusions and stalkerish tendencies. Thats why will n dowd wished he never had met up with you. Its obvious the mr bluelight and ginger connection is also a figment of Rocks paranoid delusions.
If the IP's match, there is really no way of denying it at this point. Any troll stupid enough not to use a proxy will ultimately be caught, it's a given. He's hardly being paranoid by ridding the forums of trolls.

Now I wish Rock could check out the weird similarities between Zionisis and PaloAltoGuy... for a while they used the same profile picture, and whenever Zionisis returns after a long absence he makes a thread about PAG for some reasons; just check his posting history and started threads. Think there's a similar Ginger-like situation going on there.
PAG guy seems much smarter than Ginger and apparently is very IT savvy. So I don't think he has made any of the same kind of tell-tale slip-ups that she has.

Palo Alto, if you are reading this, would you be open to cam chat with Winston, myself, or any other proven member here? At least you are an interesting and even funny poster sometimes lol.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

NewLife reaction is very odd....he has also stopped posting as frequently as before....I think Rock caught him on something big :lol: ....Does this mean ...He is still in Philippines and was lying that he is back in America....?

Since, Rock wrote that post ......He seems to have left in a hurry... :mrgreen:

I'm done with this thread ?..He is solely responsible for making this thread this big ....any thread that has over 100 pages...credit to NewLife....leaving this thread in such a hurry ...Why really?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

starchild5 wrote:NewLife reaction is very odd....he has also stopped posting as frequently as before....I think Rock caught him on something big :lol: ....Does this mean ...He is still in Philippines and was lying that he is back in America....?
My theory is that he's actually a Filipino. Because his writing isn't exactly Shakespearean and sometimes he seems like he's overcompensating with his criticism of the Philippines. Kind of like he's a Filipino who dislikes Americans, and who pretends to be the worst American he can think of (Newlife) just to make them look even worse. :lol:

Maybe that's what Ginger did too... pretend to be an Asian guy (or multiple Asian guys) killing it in the Philippines to somehow prove the superiority of the yellow-brown race over the pasty Americano race. Newlife could have been an account used to showcase the inferiority of the American sexpat, whereas MrBlueLight was a character meant to portray the Asian Don Juan blowing the competition out of the water.

It could be half sexual fantasy, half sexual frustration. With a hint of mental illness. Who knows? Trolls typically aren't the sanest of folk. And since they have no lives (Ginger has no life, as Rock stated), they can go to ridiculously elaborate lengths with their schemes until it becomes a reality to them.