I'm back in America and loving it

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

I'm back in America and loving it

Post by tamdrin12 »

I'm back in the US for a visit to my family, the 2nd one in three years. I flew into JFK and spent two nights in Manhattan with my pops. Went to some fancy italian and Chinese restaurants and enjoyed great food and huge portions compared to Asia. Walked the streets and went to some art shows. New York is truly a multicultural place where you can find every culture if you look for it. I always forget how much nicer New York is than these Asian cities I have been tramping through for the past three years. If I had the money I might live in Manhattan. however that is really a dream at this point. Now I'm up in Vermont enjoying the clean air and beautiful landscape. Not worried about girls as I am headed back to Thailand in three weeks. But this trip makes me realize.. really America is a pretty good place you just have to keep connections with the greater world. After you have lived abroad for a long time and made a lot of friends and know a lot of girls there, then coming back here, and feeling a social connection with them is great too. I think 6 months in the USA and 6 months abroad travelling would be ideal though.. Anyway, just my rant and present day feeling. Everything is subject to change.
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: I'm back in America and loving it

Post by S_Parc »

tamdrin12 wrote:I'm back in the US for a visit to my family, the 2nd one in three years. I flew into JFK and spent two nights in Manhattan with my pops. Went to some fancy italian and Chinese restaurants and enjoyed great food and huge portions compared to Asia. Walked the streets and went to some art shows. New York is truly a multicultural place where you can find every culture if you look for it. I always forget how much nicer New York is than these Asian cities I have been tramping through for the past three years. If I had the money I might live in Manhattan. however that is really a dream at this point. Now I'm up in Vermont enjoying the clean air and beautiful landscape. Not worried about girls as I am headed back to Thailand in three weeks. But this trip makes me realize.. really America is a pretty good place you just have to keep connections with the greater world. After you have lived abroad for a long time and made a lot of friends and know a lot of girls there, then coming back here, and feeling a social connection with them is great too. I think 6 months in the USA and 6 months abroad travelling would be ideal though.. Anyway, just my rant and present day feeling. Everything is subject to change.
Being from the Boston area, I concur with much of what you say, except for NYC. I'd say that if you can successfully avoid AW entanglements, then Boston's the best northeast city :wink:

And Vermont is awesome :)
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

tamdrin12 wrote:I'm back in the US for a visit to my family, the 2nd one in three years. I flew into JFK and spent two nights in Manhattan with my pops. Went to some fancy italian and Chinese restaurants and enjoyed great food and huge portions compared to Asia. Walked the streets and went to some art shows. New York is truly a multicultural place where you can find every culture if you look for it. I always forget how much nicer New York is than these Asian cities I have been tramping through for the past three years. If I had the money I might live in Manhattan. however that is really a dream at this point. Now I'm up in Vermont enjoying the clean air and beautiful landscape. Not worried about girls as I am headed back to Thailand in three weeks. But this trip makes me realize.. really America is a pretty good place you just have to keep connections with the greater world. After you have lived abroad for a long time and made a lot of friends and know a lot of girls there, then coming back here, and feeling a social connection with them is great too. I think 6 months in the USA and 6 months abroad travelling would be ideal though.. Anyway, just my rant and present day feeling. Everything is subject to change.
I don't have any complaints with the USA as a country. It's a great place to work. My complaints is with the women. If you lived here for 6 months per year could you have anything going with girls?
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

Yes its possible.. Go to Asia and meet girls to your hearts content.. Usually easiest with online programs and dating... Get your fill for six months and then keep some as friends for some kind of emotional support and cultural connection .... Study the language of the culture you are interested in and make connections over 6 month trips, or several trips.. Eventually you will have the best of both worlds going on.
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

steezyy
Freshman Poster

Post by steezyy »

Deleted
Last edited by steezyy on April 1st, 2015, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

steezyy wrote:@WorldTraveler (last quote post came out weird so @ until I figure it out)

I'm Asian and I have no complaints about the women here. They're really not *that* bad. You'd think that they were all gold digger whores from the way this forum describes them. :roll:
Steezyy, I've read several of your recent posts. So are you an Asian guy dating high status white girls in the USA? So the American women you date are all good? So why are you on Happier Abroad, if you are so happy in the USA? You remind me of a domestic reincarnate of MrBlueLight.
steezyy
Freshman Poster

Post by steezyy »

Deleted
Last edited by steezyy on April 1st, 2015, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

No matter how much you enjoy your stay here America is not a good place to be now, this is the most socially engineered country ever and we Americans are walking a fine line and as soon as the Petro $ is gone America is in deep do do.

I mean come on, go look at a map of what the new owners plan to do to this country coming up with UN 21 and you tell me this is a good place to be long term.
Time to Hide!
steezyy
Freshman Poster

Post by steezyy »

Deleted
Last edited by steezyy on April 1st, 2015, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

steezyy wrote:Nope, never been abroad. Will try go as soon as I graduate college. No funds currently.

No trouble getting attention from white girls. American girls = more spoiled version of foreign girls. They're simply a product of their environment. There are plenty of good American women, but you're not going to meet them through bars & clubs.

People here have travelled all around, and it's great hearing their insights on different places (especially throughout Asia). And Winston is Asian, so there's bound to be more Asians on this website, which gives me a good perspective. I get no value when I read about someone's travel experiences when they're a tall good looking white dude. I could do without the complaining though. Places I want to go: Latin America, Canada, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, parts of Africa, Russia, Asia.
Typically your chances to get girl go down as you get older. Make sure you get married by 30 or you probably won't find anyone in America. Yes, there are a lot of good countries out there to see.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

I was sick of America when I left the country. That was three years ago. Now I greatly enjoy visiting my home/ friends and family. I appreciate the small things like food that I like , and being able to drink water from the tap. Being around people of similar cultural upbringing and everyone can speak English. I greatly value the time I have spent abroad and it has been a GREAT learning experience. I am not done with abroad yet... and being abroad will allow you insight into the good things about America or western civilization in general. With the material comforts we have now, it is true there is no better time in the history of the world to be alive than now. With the internet the whole world and millions of ways to make money are at our fingertips. All it takes is creativity and a little ambition.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

steezyy wrote:I honestly haven't heard a good reason about why America is actually *bad*. It's always something vague referencing the social life or culture. Granted, nightlife and social connection may be subpar compared to foreign countries. But as for other aspects? Couldn't be better. No better time to be alive than right now. 8)

Maybe it's because I'm young, but that's my opinion.

Vague, do you see America living in its local eco system ? do you see Americans paying for any of the goods and services they are consuming from around the world ? The borders are just wide open and a country without borders is not a country, the people are living off credit without actually producing but consuming and digging a bigger debt hole everyday as it gets pinned in while the eco dries up along with the country and blows away. Vague ?

You are the reason the founders of this country were smoking crack when they put the country together.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

tamdrin12 wrote:I was sick of America when I left the country. That was three years ago. Now I greatly enjoy visiting my home/ friends and family. I appreciate the small things like food that I like , and being able to drink water from the tap. Being around people of similar cultural upbringing and everyone can speak English. I greatly value the time I have spent abroad and it has been a GREAT learning experience. I am not done with abroad yet... and being abroad will allow you insight into the good things about America or western civilization in general. With the material comforts we have now, it is true there is no better time in the history of the world to be alive than now. With the internet the whole world and millions of ways to make money are at our fingertips. All it takes is creativity and a little ambition.
Millions of ways to make money ? there is only one I know of and it's the state counterfeiting it and charging you interest to use it to run your life with it and as you sit on it trying to accumulate more of it for a rainy day it evaporates to 0 it's real value.
Time to Hide!
steezyy
Freshman Poster

Post by steezyy »

@Moretorque

And everything you listed... how does any of that affect you directly? Will your life suddenly change if we stopped using credit? Or if we payed back our deficits? No, you're still going to be on a forum bitching about the "awful" circumstances of the system. Go figure. Take a step outside and enjoy life today. It'll be good for all that negative energy you've got built up inside you.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

steezyy wrote:@Moretorque

And everything you listed... how does any of that affect you directly? Will your life suddenly change if we stopped using credit? Or if we payed back our deficits? No, you're still going to be on a forum bitching about the "awful" circumstances of the system. Go figure. Take a step outside and enjoy life today. It'll be good for all that negative energy you've got built up inside you.
I enjoy my life but do you know why ? because I am not married and do not have children and know not to here. America is heading for a world of hurt soon on many fronts and I am navigating it quite nicely I might add, the moron is why I live the way I do and it's very much the right choice I have made long term.

For planet earth a quick reset disposing of the foolishness of the moron class would be the best option for humanity and the eco here on planet earth.
Time to Hide!