Esther Ku, Asian Comedian, Mocks Asian Men Badly! OMG!

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Let's put all this into perspective.

Asians are a small minority in the U.S. at 4%. Out of this 4% asian-americans also have pretty good household income. What this means is that for asian-american guys there's always other options. The social situation may suck overall in the U.S. for most asian guys but the income level allows global mobility if a person can see the flaws in U.S. society and plans accordingly for the future.

I'm living proof of this. It was dead simple for me to up and leave. I'm not the only one there are many others on here that have taken the same steps. Zboy, Falcon, Mguy, MarkLambo, etc.. I won't include Winston since he hasn't really proven that he is happier anywhere. :lol:

The situation in China is completely irrelevant to us. We're simply on a different income tier and a different nationality altogether. Plus asian-americans tend to have pretty good status overseas in Asia. It's definitely much better than the U.S. that's for sure.

It was never a complete p***y famine for me in the U.S. though. I dated girls in h.s. and college even when I was very naive about America's toxic nature. The only time it became a bit harder was after college but by that time I was already seeing the truth and planning on going overseas anyways.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

repatriate,

As Asian American we might not be in the same boat as the local Asian guys in China...saying that..I think it is relevant. It's starting to happen in Korea...in Korea the gender imbalance for guys between the age of 21-28 years old is about 10% more guys than girls in Korea. The local Korean guy are starting to cock block any and all guys over the local girls including Korean American guys..in matter of fact sometimes the local korean guys are being even more aggressive towards the Korean American guys more so than the white guys. The local Korean girls are becoming even more stuck up due to the gender imbalance.

In China in the major city it's not uncommon to hear stories of Chinese girls who are stuck up because of the gender imbalance. As Asian American we might make higher income but there still are allot of wealthy Asian guys in Asia . Being an ESL teacher in Asia is not going to hack it in the long run which many of the expats are doing including Asian American guys.

I think in China it's like a sleeping dragon. Most of the Chinese guys are aware of the gender imbalance .but are too busy trying to make enough money to attract the Chinese girl..but there will come a point where that's not enough and there might be a backlash towards expats or playboyish Asian American guys in China.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

What about Asian-American guys who are only looking for serious relationships? If it's just men fighting over the more sluttier women, then it's not much of an issue for more serious-minded men.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I do not see her as self-hating; I see this as ethnic comedy, albeit mean-spirited. While it might have a kernel of truth to it, it is meant to provoke laughter.

Asian men have many reasons to be upset, but to stew because this floozie pokes fun at their misfortune is to display weakness. The best revenge for you is to be with other women from abroad. When Asian men COLLECTIVELY do this, it will raise their value again in the eyes of Asian women. People want what they think they cannot have. That is human nature.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

chanta76 wrote:repatriate,

As Asian American we might not be in the same boat as the local Asian guys in China...saying that..I think it is relevant. It's starting to happen in Korea...in Korea the gender imbalance for guys between the age of 21-28 years old is about 10% more guys than girls in Korea. The local Korean guy are starting to cock block any and all guys over the local girls including Korean American guys..in matter of fact sometimes the local korean guys are being even more aggressive towards the Korean American guys more so than the white guys. The local Korean girls are becoming even more stuck up due to the gender imbalance.
I know we're not in the same boat as other asian guys and it really doesn't concern me that we're not. In life you use every advantage given to you. That's why I don't really hate on some of the white expats who really have their shit together.

Korea is a developed country now. Fully developed. Korea is also a xenophobic and somewhat ethnocentric country. So it's understandably hard and it doesn't surprise me.
In China in the major city it's not uncommon to hear stories of Chinese girls who are stuck up because of the gender imbalance. As Asian American we might make higher income but there still are allot of wealthy Asian guys in Asia . Being an ESL teacher in Asia is not going to hack it in the long run which many of the expats are doing including Asian American guys.

I think in China it's like a sleeping dragon. Most of the Chinese guys are aware of the gender imbalance .but are too busy trying to make enough money to attract the Chinese girl..but there will come a point where that's not enough and there might be a backlash towards expats or playboyish Asian American guys in China.

I think you're being overly negative to be honest. The gender imbalance doesn't effect the wealthier Chinese guys at all and it doesn't really effect asian-americans. In fact the gender balance doesn't exist in the bigger cities because women from all over the country flock to cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, etc.. I'm not in the ESL industry btw and there are more than a few ways to make remote income so this also doesn't apply to me.

It will be a long time still before China overcomes its hurdles. In the meantime there is SEA and many other countries to choose from. Not all countries are going to become these difficult westernized places overnight. That's not how economics and socialization works.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Re: Esther Ku, Asian Comedian, Mocks Asian Men Badly! OMG!

Post by pandabear »

Winston wrote:OMG! Every Asian guy in America must hate this Asian girl now! Listen to what she says in her comedy act below and how she mocks Asian guys. It's worse than anything I've ever said. I can't believe she was allowed to say this in public. How does she get away with it? She must be the most hated girl in the Asian American world now!

(Warning: Highly Offensive)

I learned about her from this email I got about her:
She is rather cute.

pandabear
Veteran Poster

Re: Esther Ku, Asian Comedian, Mocks Asian Men Badly! OMG!

Post by pandabear »

Here is Kristina Wong

"Suck it up, White Ladies!"

But, it looks like the Asian gents have a preference for the Latina bundas, anyway. With everyone else trying to snag a hawt Asian chick--the market for fine Latinas ought to be pretty decent.
YourHusband
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by YourHusband »

MarcosZeitola wrote:With so many Asian ladies marrying and having kids with non-Asian men, is there not a large and growing number of Asian men who will, statistically speaking, never get partnered up unless they go gay, go tranny, go non-asian or go "Herbivore"? Seems like there may be a bit of a 'lost generation' coming up, akin to what we see in China with the gender ratio skewed by the one child policy and parents preferring male children for whom there are now no spouses.

I can see how this could turn very ugly and be very problematic to many an asian guy.
but notice how those asian women with white men are pretty much never attractive? the most attractive asian women tend to end up with attractive or sometimes even average asian men. remember that quite a few of marriages between asian women and white men end up in divorce anyways.

plus, i haven't seen any statistics stating that a higher percentage of asian men are single.