Hi guys

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Hi guys

Post by sentinel89 »

Whats up.. I'm Sean, 25 years old, former Marine, and getting ready to graduate with a degree in accounting next week (May 2015) from PSU. I've done 3 internships which have only made me realize how much I don't want to work in a typical corporate-America cubicle job. I imagine if I had a supportive woman on my side and a family on the way, I'd have the motivation for it because I would have a sense of purpose. My dating life and social life is pretty lame, but at the moment I don't really care. I'm sick pursuing American women who think they're worth far more than they really are. I'm sick of pursuing women who are about average in terms of attraction, and who have an endless supply of desperate male suitors on a constant text message basis, all competing with each other and waiting and hoping for their turn with her. Over spring break I took a trip to Bogota, Colombia. It was an epiphany for me. It was so liberating to meet attractive women without extreme ego complexes. I went on 3 dates that week, all with women who were more pleasant and attractive than any woman I've ever been with in the U.S. So I've decided I want to spend the next year in Latin America. The way I see it, there's only one practical ticket out of the U.S. for the overwhelming majority of us. Teach English. And that's okay, I think the ESL industry is attractive. I've noticed some people on this forum are particularly negative about it. The most common grievances I've come across are:

It's not lucrative (why not? If people are saving 10k a year in East Asia, that's more than your average cubicle jockey/college graduate here in the U.S.)

The market will dry up soon (I doubt it, even if the west collapses economically, English is the global business language, that's set in stone.. besides, NO INDUSTRY IS A GUARANTEE. Computers may take over EVERYTHING one day. My degree in accounting is no more likely to be valuable in 5 or 10 years than a TEFL certificate)

The job market will get saturated (no way, not enough people want to leave the U.S. and over half that do come back after a year)

I know you can't make enough money to feed a savings account in Latin America, but I could hopefully learn Spanish quick and ultimately land myself something more permanent. Some of the countries I've considered are Mexico, Peru, Colombia, and Chile. My biggest dilemma is I want the job opportunities I can have in the U.S. but to live in a foreign country and culture, and I don't know if those two wishes will be able to collide with each other. Either way, I'm not about to spend the next year of my life sitting in a cubicle with no social life or girlfriend... and I'll probably never look at an American woman as a potential girlfriend again. Another thing I've considered is if I find a wife abroad, will I bring her back to the U.S.? The only reason would be to get a better job and provide better for my future family. But the other side of me says, why would I ever want to come back to the country I left?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Guyver
Freshman Poster

Re: Hi guys

Post by Guyver »

Welcome to the forum, Sean. I'm ex Air Force, but I won't hold it against you for being an ex Marine :wink: Congrats on finishing your degree. Accounting was actually a wise choice because it is in demand for U.S. jobs last I checked and generally pays well. As far as trying to date American women...I'm totally with you on that, dude. Been there, done that. Most American women that happen to be single are too narcissistic in my experience. They are basically undatable. You can try asking her questions to get to know her which she just loves, but she won't put an ounce of effort to ask you one freakin thing to get to know you. Most conversations that I've had with these women have always been one-sided (always about her). The few that actually did ask me a thing or two I later found out that she was already taken or married. Go figure, right? It gets too exhausting so I don't really try anymore. On the other hand, every foreign woman that I have encountered has been a night and day difference. They actually put effort into talking to me too. I have never been to anywhere in South America. Only been to Turkey and Japan. Must've been fun for you to be able to date some REAL women for a change in Bogota.
Smart men learn from their mistakes. Wise men learn from other men's mistakes.

Knowledge is gained in bad experiences, but confidence is only gained through positive experiences.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

You can try asking her questions to get to know her which she just loves, but she won't put an ounce of effort to ask you one freakin thing to get to know you
Amen, brother. Spot on.

25yo, ex-marine? yep, you're going to clean up dude.
I'm glad you had luck in Bogota, i didn't have success in there, they're more into looks and money-flashing apparently.
There's better looking women in other cities though, try medellin.
Keep in mind, demeanor seems to variate from city to city, at least in my experience, so you may have to adjust.

My final suggestion is to toss aside previous ideas so you don't spoil these chicks, we don't want to spread the cancer. Take your time and become a bit pickier.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

Guyver wrote:Welcome to the forum, Sean. I'm ex Air Force, but I won't hold it against you for being an ex Marine :wink: Congrats on finishing your degree. Accounting was actually a wise choice because it is in demand for U.S. jobs last I checked and generally pays well. As far as trying to date American women...I'm totally with you on that, dude. Been there, done that. Most American women that happen to be single are too narcissistic in my experience. They are basically undatable. You can try asking her questions to get to know her which she just loves, but she won't put an ounce of effort to ask you one freakin thing to get to know you. Most conversations that I've had with these women have always been one-sided (always about her). The few that actually did ask me a thing or two I later found out that she was already taken or married. Go figure, right? It gets too exhausting so I don't really try anymore. On the other hand, every foreign woman that I have encountered has been a night and day difference. They actually put effort into talking to me too. I have never been to anywhere in South America. Only been to Turkey and Japan. Must've been fun for you to be able to date some REAL women for a change in Bogota.

Thanks man. Yeah Bogota was very refreshing. I've been back in the U.S. for 2 months now, and I went on one date with an average looking girl on the heavier side, and she clearly thought she was the best thing since sliced bread. It's such a turn-off. I'd try to talk to her by text message every now and then and would get 1 or 2 word replies. Why would you bother replying at all if you aren't interested? American women are just too irrational. None of their behavior is logical. I simply can't get motivated to pursue them anymore. Rarely are there exceptions.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

droid wrote:
You can try asking her questions to get to know her which she just loves, but she won't put an ounce of effort to ask you one freakin thing to get to know you
Amen, brother. Spot on.

25yo, ex-marine? yep, you're going to clean up dude.
I'm glad you had luck in Bogota, i didn't have success in there, they're more into looks and money-flashing apparently.
There's better looking women in other cities though, try medellin.
Keep in mind, demeanor seems to variate from city to city, at least in my experience, so you may have to adjust.

My final suggestion is to toss aside previous ideas so you don't spoil these chicks, we don't want to spread the cancer. Take your time and become a bit pickier.

Yeah I agree. While these women are a far cry better than American women, you still have to be very careful. Some of them are just looking for a guy to spoil them while they're on vacation. A lot of guys think because the women are better, that they must be perfect. They fall for too much of a honeymoon effect. They're much better, but you still need to protect yourself and take your time with them. And then you get some guys who get fooled by one of these manipulative women and and run back to the U.S. saying "omg, foreign women are just as bad!" lol..
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

sentinel89 wrote:Whats up.. I'm Sean, 25 years old, former Marine, and getting ready to graduate with a degree in accounting next week (May 2015) from PSU. I've done 3 internships which have only made me realize how much I don't want to work in a typical corporate-America cubicle job.
Believe me, those cubicle jobs suck. Your trapped in your 'cubicle' all day long like a caged animal. Your employer knows when you get out of your seat and knows how long you were gone.

It's like being in prison all day long. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."