Would you live abroad or in the west?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
survivingIncelMan
Freshman Poster

Would you live abroad or in the west?

Post by survivingIncelMan »

I know many of us here desire to travel or already traveled abroad to meet better women/wife and to get away from American women. If you are not looking for a wife/girlfriend, would you still live abroad or live in the west?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

The
Junior Poster

Re: would you live abroad or live in the west?

Post by The »

Ill live in a western country not named the United States, sure.....Western Europe would be good, that way you have easier access to Eastern Europe....
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I don't hate America (the land), I just hate Americans (the people). So I have no problem living in America away from Americans. Where I live now, in El Paso, the population is Mexican. I may move to a farm in rural Texas where the population would be farm animals. Farm animals are far superior to any modern form of humans.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

survivingIncelMan wrote:I know many of us here desire to travel or already traveled abroad to meet better women/wife and to get away from American women. If you are not looking for a wife/girlfriend, would you still live abroad or live in the west?
I married a foreign woman and hope to soon (by the end of this year) live with her, in her country. If I had been a single man, I would still want to move away from the West. But I doubt in a foreign country, I'd be single for long anyway, even if I tried to be. :lol:

It's just a whole different dynamic, the flow of things is different, and there's the whole "starting over with a clean slate" effect that you tend to get. Some people are more focused on their comfort, or have a hard time adjusting to a different culture. Others are very attached to their friends, family and social life at home. These things may hold a man back, or make him hesitate when making a decision of whether or not to move.

Btw, moving abroad to "get away from American woman" is ridiculous. American women are not the problem; American culture is. You don't want to give American women, or any type of women for that matter, that much control over your life's decisions.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

The food and architecture is better abroad, but corruption is high, people are unreliable and there's more crime. If you want to be a hermit and build your own house, America has more freedom.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

drealm wrote:The food and architecture is better abroad, but corruption is high, people are unreliable and there's more crime.
You would be a fool to believe America or Europe is less corrupt then third world countries. The different is that, as with all things in the West, the prices are simply higher and the people being bought may be slightly more discreet. At the end of the day, money still rules the world and everyone and anything can be bought.
drealm wrote:If you want to be a hermit and build your own house, America has more freedom.
You can be a hermit and build your own house just fine abroad. But with people being more approachable and generally more positive and easy to talk to, why bother hiding away from society? It's better to go somewhere where being a part of society and mingling with people brings you the greatest joy. Which would be abroad.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
You would be a fool to believe America or Europe is less corrupt then third world countries. The different is that, as with all things in the West, the prices are simply higher and the people being bought may be slightly more discreet. At the end of the day, money still rules the world and everyone and anything can be bought.
At the top yes, at the bottom no. Yes banksters are bigger and badder in America. But no one deals with these people face to face, so who cares? I care more about how I'll be treated when I walk into a store, or when I take a taxi. In Mexico I was screwed a little bit in every small transaction I did.
MarcosZeitola wrote:You can be a hermit and build your own house just fine abroad. But with people being more approachable and generally more positive and easy to talk to, why bother hiding away from society? It's better to go somewhere where being a part of society and mingling with people brings you the greatest joy. Which would be abroad.
I agree there's no point to living abroad and being a hermit. Buying property as a foreigner will be a challenge in some places.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 24th, 2020, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Post by QatarDan »

Ideally abroad with a western wage. Live like a king rather than day to day.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Ghost wrote:The most neutral option will be living as an effective hermit in the West.
Being a hermit is hardly "neutral". Loneliness is a pretty miserable existence for the vast majority of people.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I think the best option is to have a small group of like-minded families in relative isolation in rural America. This is what I am hoping for for Biblic Judaism.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Would you live abroad or live in the west?

This is not a question with an answer YES or NO.

You can live in both ways, many Scandinavians like the idea to be away to somewhere with cheap prices and warm weather during freezing wintertime and back to their own countries during summertime for seasonal work or for part-time jobs.

Also Russians from Siberia are well-known to use cheap charter flights into Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam to stay there with their families during the harsh winter and to be back again when temperature is more tolerable. Unlike Scandinavians they show however up with their family members, girlfriends etc. and they do not easily mix up with local Asian people.

About myself, I prefer to live abroad, I have no intention even to visit my native country and I am sure in Europe I would be still single.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Some things are better abroad, some things worse.

The weather is better in Barcelona but I've just suffered my 5th attempted robbery. Jeez, I've only been here 8 weeks. Number of attempted robberies in London: 0. 6 months in Bangkok: 1. China/Japan: 0.

I still like my idea of going home for a year then going back on the road for a year or so. Well god knows what I'll do the 2nd half of this year, but it's been fun so far.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 24th, 2020, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Well, there is plenty of "abroad" in the west. Everywhere south of the border would qualify, I think.