Love Me - New AFA Documentary on Foreign Bride Seekers

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Love Me - New AFA Documentary on Foreign Bride Seekers

Post by QatarDan »

http://www.lovemedocumentary.com

Watching on Netflix.

The desperation of some American men knows no bounds :(
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Love Me

Post by pete98146 »

I watched this too and I had a couple of thoughts. These guys were paying $12,000 per trip for a "Love Tour". Couldn't help but to think what a rip off. Also they pay $10 or so per letter and those costs add up very quickly. Looking back, I got a bargain finding my wife!

I may be biased but one of the biggest selling points in dating Filipinas is that they speak English.
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Post by QatarDan »

not just Americans the Aussie bloke needs his head read.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

QatarDan wrote:not just Americans the Aussie bloke needs his head read.
Got to admit the scammer lady with the two daughters was pretty hot. But you are right, some guys will never learn. One of the last scenes in the movie was the heavier set guy who lives in Virginia checking out another batch of model looking women to pursue. It's like COME ON! He's only asking for trouble. Find a lady closer to your level of attractiveness and you'll stand a chance, otherwise he'll continue to waste his time and money.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 23rd, 2020, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Post by QatarDan »

I'm tempted to set up my own profile as Svetlana and only charge $5 per email.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

pete98146 wrote:
Find a lady closer to your level of attractiveness and you'll stand a chance,
Shaming language....Thats the equivalent of saying that he should date someone his own age.....Why the f**k should he if he is not attracted to them? Why would take interest in someone that he is not attracted to? Come on guy!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

The wrote:
pete98146 wrote:
Find a lady closer to your level of attractiveness and you'll stand a chance,
Shaming language....Thats the equivalent of saying that he should date someone his own age.....Why the f**k should he if he is not attracted to them? Why would take interest in someone that he is not attracted to? Come on guy!
Hey I'm the king of marrying a younger, pretty lady but even I know my limitations. You need to see the movie to appreciate 1) the level of his unattractiveness and 2) the level of attractiveness of the women he was viewing. He's a 2 looking at 9s and 10s. Not really shaming per se, the guy has to be somewhat realistic and get his head out of complete fantasy land.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

"...but money answereth all things."

"Ecclesiastes"
--King Solomon the Wise
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Re: New Love Me (AFA) Documentary

Post by Winston »

Wow check this out. The Love Me Documentary about AFA foreign brides is up on torrent now as a free download if you wanna see it and don't have Netflix. See below. Any of you see it yet?

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/love-me-2014

IMDB link:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3249478/

Love Me (2014)

Synopsis
Love Me is a character-drive narrative that follows desperate men on their quest for love through the modern 'mail-order bride' industry in Ukraine. The film highlights the complete process of finding a partner in a foreign land, showing the Western male and Ukrainian female perspectives.

Trailer

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: New Love Me (AFA) Documentary

Post by Winston »

More info on the Love Me Documentary:

http://www.lovemedocumentary.com/synopsis.shtml

Synopsis
Can people find love through the modern “mail-order bride” industry? Or is the international romance business just a scam? Sincere and unflinching, Love Me follows Western men and Ukrainian women as they embark on an unpredictable and riveting journey in search of love. Each character's experience exposes the myths and realities of this unique industry, while also exploring the much deeper, human story that is too often overlooked.

Forget everything you think you know about “mail-order" brides and get ready for an outrageously funny, touching and unforgettable look at the extreme lengths people travel for love.

http://www.lovemedocumentary.com/why-i- ... tary.shtml

Why I Love "Love Me - The Documentary"

1. Love Me is, in fact, a documentary. It’s not a commercial for AFA. The producer approached us with the idea of doing a film on the broad range of topics that international dating and marriage, romance tours and the women who are commonly mislabeled as “mail-order-brides.” Questions John Narducci explored in his film include:

- Who are the men and women who use romance tours as a vehicle to meet a life-partner? - Why are they here? What circumstances, cultural influences and other motivations bring them to www.loveme.com? - How correct are the common perceptions about mail-order-brides and the men who pursue them? - How reliable are the international marriage agencies (called marriage-brokers) like A Foreign Affair, Elena’s models and similar companies? - What are the potential rewards, challenges and pitfalls in the international marriage process? - How do the participants’ families feel about their involvement in romance tours? - This is online dating, which may be inherently susceptible to scams. What are some of those scams? What do they look like? How do men fall for these scams? Are some men predisposed to scams and if so, why? - What are some of the challenges Romance Tour leaders, like John Adams and Bob Wray, face and how do they handle those challenges? How do they manage group dynamics while giving individuals with unique hang-ups the right amount of attention? - How to women, couples and family members adjust to life in America after the fiancée visa?

This is not just a typical newscast that pigeonholes all participants as depraved men meets desperate women. It’s not a quirky reality show with cheesy music that makes romance tours look like a three ring circus for bumbling idiots. It’s a very objective and very accurate look at the romance tour experience.

2. Of all the media coverage John and Tanya Adams have participated in over the years, Narducci was definitely the most respectful of their relationship. The film shows moments of playfulness between them in the AFA studio, and highlights their genuine support for each other. Tanya corrects Matt Lauer silly assertion that “These relationships are designed to give the guy the upper hand.” “Actually,” Tanya quips, “I have the upper hand.” The film nearly ends as she cries when merely asked ‘What is love?’”

3. A lot of websites offer a pen pal membership to write foreign women. Very few actually offer a professionally guided travel program designed to help singles meet. The reason so few companies do romance tours? They’re not easy to do. In fact, they’re incredibly hard. Taking 25 – 50 men abroad, half of whom have never left the continental US before, and many who have not dated successfully in months – if not years, then introducing them to hundreds of beautiful women – and keeping everyone happy and productive – is a tough job. It’s a labor of love, but a tough job. The moment that best exemplifies that is where John is imploring Bobby to come inside the social and met ladies and Bobby flat out refuses to do it, choosing to wait for one girl to show up.

4. Furthermore, in the filmed participants Bobby, Travis, Ron and Michael we see guys who are stumbling and need help. Bobby’s expectations may be unrealistic, Travis is probably getting scammed, Michael seems to be more in love than his fiancée is, and Ron can just never get comfortable and answers his stress with more stress. Robert and Eric are more relaxed, comfortable in their own skin, they each have a great love story unfold and go on to get married. ALL of these are very typical experiences on any romance tour. We’ve done tours for 20 years. We expect guys to have varied experiences.

5. Although AFA does romance tours to 8 different countries, this documentary focuses entirely on Ukraine. What’s interesting about Ukraine is this is where the whole internet-based international marriage business began 20 years ago. What the women of Ukraine understand fully is that 97% of guys who write to them will never get on the plane to meet them. That has both a positive and negative effect on the women. The positive is that they recognize how hard it is to meet these men and will come to social and be one of 150 other ladies who attend that evening. The negative, is that our competitors have clearly decided it’s easier to scam the 97% of guys who do not get on the plane than to try to make money from the 3% that do. So in Ukraine, more than any other country we have to be always on the lookout for scams, despite the majority of very sincere and nice ladies. Once in awhile, a client encounters a scam. Sometimes AFA gets scammed. And sometimes the situation is not so clear. You see how John handles this first-hand.

6. Was Bobby scammed? He spent months writing one girl, (a much younger and very beautiful and popular girl) obviously fell in love before they had even met and literally expected the girl would accept his marriage proposal an hour into their first face to face meeting. He wouldn’t meet or date any others and waited until he got to the gir’ls city – the third city on the tour – to meet her. You saw how nervous he was at the Kherson social. When they met, clearly they were unmatched, and Bobby came unglued. The film asks the question – was Bobby the victim of a scam, the victim of his own unrealistic expectations – or both? The answer seems open for interpretation by the viewer. (NOTE: Bobby would go on to repeat this experience on yet another Ukraine tour before finally meeting his fiancée in the Philippines on a 3rd complimentary AFA romance tour.)

7. Travis had a good experience while on tour but was concerned as his girl asked him for financial support often before they were engaged. On his next trip back to spend more time with Victoria, he encountered a “loan-shark” scam. This cast an ominous cloud over his whole experience and you see him struggle emotionally with whether to move forward or not. (NOTE: Despite advice from AFA to the contrary, Travis did move forward, and Victoria is currently in the States on a Fiancée Visa.) At the end of the day, scams happen and situations come up. How a business addresses those situations does, as John Adams points out, define the company.

8. Michael was obviously in love with Svitlana before she was ready to reciprocate. Unfortunately, while she admitted liking him a great deal personally, she was not attracted to him and strung him along while considering her options. What was that cryptic message? A disgruntled fired employee trying to compromise Elena’s Models? A suitor competing for her heart? An angel trying to prevent disaster? Some would call this a scam; some would equate that to two good people just not being in the same place in the relationship at the same time. But poor Michael.

9. Ron could have easily been successful had he been more relaxed and listened to the advice of his tour leader. “I can’t meet age appropriate women! Ukrainian women are not friendly! I had 5 dates – they were all over in 5 minutes!” His reaction to stress was to create more stress. But what you really see going on with Ron is the disintegration of a poorly formed paradigm.

10. And yet as John and Tanya flirt with each other, and Eric and Inna and Robert and Vitalina go on and get married – we see the true potential for everyday people whose lives can be redefined if just given a chance to meet one another. Eric and Inna have a new son. He may have had to finally put on some sleeves, but the rewards are obvious.

I especially like Eric’s mom:

“Our families are not that different. They’re doing the same things we do. People are more alike than they are diverse.”

“It’s a big challenge, and it will take very much work. But so is every other relationship. People should be able to decide what to do with their lives. It’s their business. I wouldn’t intrude on that one way or another.”

Finally, we have learned that since filming, Vitalina’s father passed away.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Love Me - New AFA Documentary on Foreign Bride Seekers

Post by Winston »

Just saw the first 10 min of the Love Me documentary. At the beginning the American men say that the reason they can't find a wife in America is because:

- "I'm too busy with work and don't have time to meet people."
- "I'm too shy to meet women."

Why is everyone always so politically correct? If that were the case, then guys who have free time and aren't shy could all get American women as wives easily. But it's not that easy. Why do men always say what's politically correct? Why not say the truth, that American women are too picky and aren't good wife material and too spoiled and independent and too hard to get along with, and besides they all claim to be taken anyway or else they give you the "you aren't my type" line? How come no one says this instead:

"American women aren't approachable and don't talk to strangers. If you approach women in America you are considered a creep or pervert. Talking to strangers is taboo in America and only for business reasons only. There's an ice wall between strangers, you're supposed to mind your own business. The face and body language of American says blatantly that "Please do not approach me. Mind your own business. Only creeps approach women. You're not supposed to look at me either. You're supposed to mind your own business and pretend I don't exist, that's the norm here. I'm not open or approachable." Also, there's this assumption that you're not supposed to be seeking women in America, that's creepy, you're supposed to already have a wife or girlfriend and not need to find one. You are expected to mind your own business like everyone else. Only creeps and weirdos talk to strangers. You should have a wife or social clique already. If you don't, you're a loser and you should leave me alone."

Why can't anyone be honest and say that? lol. Why is that so taboo? I don't get it. lol

Ukrainianlover
Freshman Poster

Re: Love Me - New AFA Documentary on Foreign Bride Seekers

Post by Ukrainianlover »

The problem with attraction now in North America is that women have made it so they can only be approached by good looking or highly successful men to the point that even the average guy doesn’t have much of a chance anymore because if he does take a chance and finally gets the nerve to approach a girl he’s attracted to...he risks hearing that he’s harassing her, she already has a boyfriend (even though she doesn’t) or she thinks she’s way out of his league. Imagine growing up in an instagram world or doing TikTok videos where your highly praised everyday for how beautiful and attractive you are when most times the majority of these women are plain and average. No wonder why they set the bar high for themselves. But why blame them. It’s no different then a superstar athlete that is getting offers all over the world. They have so many options. Why settle for mediocrity. They’d only go with the best of the best. Back when I was in the dating scene in North America. My god...none of my moves would be legal today. I always took chances and was bold.

I was watching TikTok the other day just watching the countless clones of girls who all wear the same thing. (grey gym pants and the white tank top look) I thought back in the day women used to dread even being caught in the same shoes as another girl or wearing the same outfit was almost an embarrassment. What happened to those days. But I was reading that girls that copy each other are jealous of one another..wow..really..that many women have jealousy issues. That’s crazy. If they gave up and don’t care anymore they all do the colored hair, tattoos and piercings look and all their followers and friends call them “my queen”. Why would a girl looking like a fool be called a queen for looking like that.,is it because it’s so bad a$$ to not be attracted to men or like having a guy interested in them. How is that sort of independence cool.

There’s only really two places to meet single women if you think about it and hope for the best is either at university or college. And the last place work. That’s pretty much it. There’s no point in trying to meet wife material at a club or bar. But women have changed that dynamic now as you could get fired from your job if you even attempt to flirt and show a girl you interested in her. So women these days are left with approaching men to avoid lawsuits and trouble and we all know they aren’t going to go up to any guys ever.

You don’t need a romance tour to have success overseas at all though. All you have to have is a big set and the will to succeed and you’ll do just fine. Also men have to realize the difference between cultural differences and when a girl needs to be put in her place. I don’t care what part of the world your from. If you get out of line with me or say something I don’t like or agree with. Your going to catch some heat. These women overseas will test you fast as well. Most of those guys that go on those romance tours look so weak and shy that it basically is a train wreck waiting to happen. Yes..congrats..you got on a plane and now your in a foreign country and your giving a chance to show a girl what your made of. You can go in as the life of the party or the quiet guy who blends into the shadows. Most go in to blend in the shadows. Call me crazy but women are just women. What is so scary about them. Yes..I know these days it’s the whole metoo movement. But that hasn’t reached overseas yet. Women still want manly men. Sadly the majority of the time it’s not the manly men that are going overseas. Yes they may have A little or a lot of financial success. But that doesn’t make you the type of man women are attracted to physically. Yes if you can afford Louis Vuitton bags for her and all her Materialistic wants and needs..sure she’ll think your the best. But you really don’t have to be the best looking guy though. You just have to walk like and act like your the best and you’ll have no problems. Go to russia and Ukraine and you’ll see plenty if beautiful girls with below average looking guys that have normal jobs but they also act macho and call the shots. These types of men exist in the Philippines or Thailand as well. But if your going overseas. You at least have a decent income which is all you need. Then it’s just acting like your tge best dam thing walking those streets and it won’t be hard to meet someone. Keeping them is just as easy.