Do you think marriage is good or bad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Do you think marriage is good or bad?

Post by Winston »

MrMan,
I wish we could all be like you, but some of us crave novelty and variety. Do you at least crave variety in food? Lol.

In China, men get the kids if they have higher income I think. And the women have visitation rights. That's what the single divorced moms that I met told me.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Moretorque »

MrMan wrote:
Winston wrote:There's something I don't get about marriage. How are you supposed to be horny for the same person everyday for the rest of your life?
Some of them are fine if you are only horny for them three times a week, twice a week, once a month or whatever. :)

I've been married over 15 years and I still want to have sex with my wife. The desire doesn't just go away because I've had sex with her before.

I think it would be kind of lame to go out to some bar and try lines on girls and try to pick them up for sex, and go home empty-handed (no pun intended) and spend all that time and effort to woo new girls, when you could get married and just have sex with your own wife.
The idea my belief behind Holy matrimony was they did not have the pill in the day and when you bonked a gal most people did not pull out and a child could easily of been on the way. It is so people will not wander once they have children so the children do not suffer from their parents sins. Keep the family tree together,

Yes Mr. Wu the same woman would be long in the tooth quick, anybody who can do it with the same woman year after year I take my hat off to but maybe I just do not understand true love! :D
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 23rd, 2020, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Meh....Im indifferent to modern marriage for the most part....Theres a lot of females running around swearing they are wifey material, while you see these same whores wearing weaves in their hair, "twerking" and "dropping it like its hot" at the latest nightclub or taking selfies with the latest Iphone or Android device at their favorite social media whore site (Instagram, Im looking at you! :lol: )....

These females are only good for one thing and one thing only...

* snip. No lewd pictures please.

Marriage is great for a sane society, for this modern society is not a sane one....

Heres a link to your typical "instagram model"... :roll:
https://instagram.com/lia_danielss/
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out what the Chinese woman I met in Zhongsan, China said about my view on marriage being unrealistic. What you all think?

"The ones who do not want marriage actually do not want responsibility. But mature people take responsibilities and are reliable. For example, if you are an employee of a company, you are required to arrive office at 8:30am. That is also a responsibility for your job. Those who do not want responsibilities are still children and not grown up. Mature people dedicate to the one they think is worth it and take responsibility for the life time. Also it's proved that married men live longer than unmarried."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:Check out what the Chinese woman I met in Zhongsan, China said about my view on marriage being unrealistic. What you all think?

"The ones who do not want marriage actually do not want responsibility. But mature people take responsibilities and are reliable. For example, if you are an employee of a company, you are required to arrive office at 8:30am. That is also a responsibility for your job. Those who do not want responsibilities are still children and not grown up."
Yes, but that assumes that the company has to play by the rules too and give you secure employment, decent treatment and a fair wage, unlike both Western companies and Western wives.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 22nd, 2020, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This short animation video from The School of Life explains why marriage was created and is necessary. It talks about how it restrains people from acting out their impulses and makes their relationship stable. It's very interesting and makes sense. So there is some logic to marriage after all.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp4FLeY6F9g[/youtube]

Here's another interesting video from The School of Life about the history of love. It explains how before the 1750's when the ideas of romanticism took hold in Western culture, people married for practical reasons, not for love, and that they thought that marrying for love was silly. Love was supposed to grow over time after the marriage, just like how the Chinese think today. They saw marriage as a business transaction that benefited both parties, or as a political transaction if the couple came from powerful wealthy families.

Also, it explains how French kings had separate women for marriage and love. They didn't try to find love and marriage in the same women. They had one type of woman as wives, to raise children and do domestic duties, and other types of women on the side for fleeting romantic love affairs and sex. They did not try to combine them. So in a sense, they were wiser than people today who try to find all things in one person, which is less realistic and reasonable.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK2IJ43ppd0[/youtube]

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a great video from Paul Elam the founder of "A Voice For Men" explaining why marriage is a horrible idea for men in western nations.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42sI2G4m5aU[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I have to agree . Marriage makes someone responsible. If you have kids it even makes you even more responsible. Saying that marriage is not for everyone. Being a parent is not for everyone.

There is pros and cons in marriage. I mean let say a guy decides not to get married at all. He turns 50 years old.It does get harder for an older man to keep playing the field. And the ideal of starting a family will get dimmer as the man gets older. And whose to say in 20 years if the countries that men go to monger will be the same condition. In other words it gets harder unless you do p4p. Sure p4p may give you variety but at the end of the day your still by yourself.

With marriage if you have a family and the key word here is marrying a decent girl, You have a life partner that will grow old with you. Have your back and interest. If you have kids as you get older you get to see your kids grow up . But again there is pros and cons.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

chanta76 wrote:I have to agree . Marriage makes someone responsible. If you have kids it even makes you even more responsible. Saying that marriage is not for everyone. Being a parent is not for everyone.

There is pros and cons in marriage. I mean let say a guy decides not to get married at all. He turns 50 years old.It does get harder for an older man to keep playing the field. And the ideal of starting a family will get dimmer as the man gets older. And whose to say in 20 years if the countries that men go to monger will be the same condition. In other words it gets harder unless you do p4p. Sure p4p may give you variety but at the end of the day your still by yourself.

With marriage if you have a family and the key word here is marrying a decent girl, You have a life partner that will grow old with you. Have your back and interest. If you have kids as you get older you get to see your kids grow up . But again there is pros and cons.
This is true. However:

1) In Angeles City, there are girls I know who will live with me and stay with me everyday, as long as I support them. So there are some p4p girls who will not leave and will stay, as long as you support them and give them an allowance. Not a big allowance either, just a few hundred dollars a month. So p4p can be a long term thing too.

2) When you are married, eventually the sex gets old and feels like a rut, so you feel no passion anymore. Then your wife becomes a roommate. And you still feel horny, but for other women, for new flesh. Then what do you do? Aren't you f***ed? How do you keep the sex alive long term? I don't get it.

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Winston,

Believe it or not sex is just one part of marriage at least for me. I mean there is sex but it's not the main point for my marriage. Maybe that's why I don't monger. I think guys that focus ALLOT on sex or have too high of a sex drive will never be satisfy with one woman. No matter how HOT that one woman is it's not enough. That's why most expats that go overseas are mongers. Just read many of their blogs or post. They are not family men but players in many ways.

I think part of the dissatisfaction for many expats men that go overseas is that it's hard for them to become Chad Thunder Cock in USA but if they can be a Chad overseas they will try it.

Saying that in a committed marriage and if your with a good partner sex can be satisfying because there is more of connection. It becomes more emotional . I think men who been married long time with love in their marriage understand what I'm saying.

In my early 20's I did p4p and yes I tried mongering . At the end of the day I felt depress because there was never a true connection and after I paid the girl she will leave me to some other guy. I'm not knocking mongers or men who go for p4p because it does help some men. But at the end of the day if you have a partner that understand you and cares for you regardless if you have money or not there is value there. But I know in reality that's hard to find.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

chanta76 wrote:But at the end of the day if you have a partner that understand you and cares for you regardless if you have money or not there is value there. But I know in reality that's hard to find.
That's the biggest problem that these marriage pushers tend to ignore. It's damn near impossible to find, not just hard. That's in this modern world and culture anyway. That's why one of the videos, I think in this very thread, has the divorce rate in all western countries above 50% and one of them (Sweden or Norway or something) was at 71%!! And should we assume the other 30% are all happy and having great sex? Not likely.

I think one of the videos above mentions how in the old days, marriage was never about love. It seems the elites still do that to some degree. Marriage for love, regardless for whether or not the two would make good lifetime partners, came from romance novels and never had any basis in reality. Also, marriage was necessary for society, even just 60 years ago.

It's been said that in Japan, married couples really are like roommates, often not even sleeping together in the same bed, or room, and they focus solely family. They do their "love" and "sex" things on the side with others, or P4P. Sounds not unlike the French king in the video who married to get an heir, and consolidate lands, but had mistresses for "love". Rich Chinese men often marry for family and take a "mistress", whom they support with a nice apartment, allowance etc. for love and excitement.

Trying to get everything one needs from one person may not be the best road to take. It's cheaper to hire a maid, hire a nanny and do serial dating, or P4P.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Post by Nomad »

I think marriage is good. Sex is just merely 1 aspect of marriage, but men focus way too much on it.

Me and my wife play around a lot, and that lifts up the atmosphere of the home. Of course, perhaps in most homes in America, you have the opposite. Bitching, fighting, nagging, ect. Totally worth it to be alone in such cases. But if you have a wife who spoils you, then its worth it.

I say the problem with marriage isn't so much the government, but who you decide to spend the rest of your life with. This is literally one of the biggest decisions of your life. You should have very high standards. Not perfection, but high standards. After all, you don't want to say "lets give this baby a spin" like its a new car or toy. What your making is a life together, a future legacy that will effect your children and generations to come.

The problem is people treat marriage so lightly, just like they treat sex lightly, and they end up ruining their lives.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Nomad wrote:I think marriage is good. Sex is just merely 1 aspect of marriage, but men focus way too much on it.

Me and my wife play around a lot, and that lifts up the atmosphere of the home. Of course, perhaps in most homes in America, you have the opposite. Bitching, fighting, nagging, ect. Totally worth it to be alone in such cases. But if you have a wife who spoils you, then its worth it.

I say the problem with marriage isn't so much the government, but who you decide to spend the rest of your life with. This is literally one of the biggest decisions of your life. You should have very high standards. Not perfection, but high standards. After all, you don't want to say "lets give this baby a spin" like its a new car or toy. What your making is a life together, a future legacy that will effect your children and generations to come.

The problem is people treat marriage so lightly, just like they treat sex lightly, and they end up ruining their lives.
This assumes that people don't play one character before marriage, and then show their real character after marriage. Or worse, that they really change after marriage and/or children. It's easy to say don't get married to quickly, or spend years to get to know someone before marriage, because they can't keep it up forever, but this assumes the character they play before marriage is entirely fake. I don't think that is the case.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan