Religious Outlook

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Religious Outlook

Post by QatarDan »

If you yourself are not very religious, don't go to a place of worship etc would you consider yourself incompatible with a girl who must attend Church every Sunday or she will burn in hell?

The reason I ask is I met a sweet girl or my recent tour of Asia who loves a bit of the bible .... and I don't.

One advantage I see is she is far more trustworthy than most and I get the sense she would be very much a one man woman.

Disadvantage is ... I may spontaneously combust if encouraged to attend Sunday mass.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Religious Outlook

Post by fschmidt »

Doesn't it occur to you that religion may have some value if it can produce women like this?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

fschmidt wrote:Doesn't it occur to you that religion may have some value if it can produce women like this?
+1
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

It's for people who are in a dream world, long term if you are not a simpleton it may be rough.
Time to Hide!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Moretorque wrote:It's for people who are in a dream world, long term if you are not a simpleton it may be rough.
Actually it's the exact opposite, it's for practical people living in the real world. If you meet a religious woman who is good, isn't it entirely practical to attend whatever religious service she attends with her in order to keep her good?
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Post by QatarDan »

I see the value in spiritual beliefs and faith in something but don't follow a set religion, more a mix of beliefs. I do see some of the value in religion but also see the conflicts and suffering it causes. e.g protestants vs catholic, muslim extremists etc etc

Lets not debate the value of religion though and maybe discuss my initial question.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 23rd, 2020, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Post by QatarDan »

No - funnily enough in the sea of Asia beauties it was a Czech girl who was back packing around the same route as me.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

QatarDan wrote:I see the value in spiritual beliefs and faith in something but don't follow a set religion, more a mix of beliefs. I do see some of the value in religion but also see the conflicts and suffering it causes. e.g protestants vs catholic, muslim extremists etc etc

Lets not debate the value of religion though and maybe discuss my initial question.

I say Nooooo if you are a scientific thinker long term how could it work, chances are very slim. Now if you are sitting on the fence about the belief in Angels and Goblins then maybe.

I can understand how people can get lost in the make believe of a book because how the planet is going down the tubes and some religious people are very content but it's a vacant contentment in my book.

You also have to take this from a person who is still dating Rosie and her 5 sisters however. :mrgreen:
Time to Hide!