Buddha and his quest to end suffering

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Buddha and his quest to end suffering

Post by Winston »

BBC documentary on the life of Buddha and his solution to the problem of suffering.

Seven Wonders of the Buddhist World

Last edited by Winston on January 10th, 2013, 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a new 2 hour PBS documentary about Buddha, narrated by actor Richard Gere. It's very good and has a nice flow to it.

Check out this movie called "Little Buddha" starring Keanu Reeves as the Buddha. It's from the 1990's and is a great introduction to the story of the Buddha.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Buddhism and its solution to suffering

Post by Winston »

Check out this lecture by the 20th Century's greatest philosopher Manly P Hall about Buddha and the cause of suffering. It's very good and makes a lot of good points about how to reduce suffering, which is an important issue of course. Manly P Hall is considered one of the greatest philosophers of the 20th Century.

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Alternative history of the origins of the Buddha, seems highly probable. I'll have to get a hold of the book sometime.

http://www.buddhafrombabylon.com/

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S wrote:Alternative history of the origins of the Buddha, seems highly probable. I'll have to get a hold of the book sometime.

That's an interesting theory. Never heard of it before. But if Buddha was a Babylonian Emperor, then why wasn't his real story told? Why the official myth?

I've always found it suspect that if the Buddha story were true, why the founder of it didn't write anything down. You'd think that if someone wanted to start a religion or a movement to awaken others and the world, that he'd write down a treatise or book. And if Buddha came from a royal family and was supposed to become a king, he would have been educated in the palace, so there's no excuse why he couldn't have written anything down. That never made any sense.

On the other hand, every major religion has to have a founder. A religion with no founder, or one that was totally made up, would not last long and would not change the lives of millions. Religions that last for thousands of years must have some real power or significance for it to endure so long and affect so many lives. So it's also improbable that Buddha was made up and never existed.

This theory perhaps provides an explanation for both of these mysteries.

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote:
Mr S wrote:Alternative history of the origins of the Buddha, seems highly probable. I'll have to get a hold of the book sometime.

That's an interesting theory. Never heard of it before. But if Buddha was a Babylonian Emperor, then why wasn't his real story told? Why the official myth?

I've always found it suspect that if the Buddha story were true, why the founder of it didn't write anything down. You'd think that if someone wanted to start a religion or a movement to awaken others and the world, that he'd write down a treatise or book. And if Buddha came from a royal family and was supposed to become a king, he would have been educated in the palace, so there's no excuse why he couldn't have written anything down. That never made any sense.

On the other hand, every major religion has to have a founder. A religion with no founder, or one that was totally made up, would not last long and would not change the lives of millions. Religions that last for thousands of years must have some real power or significance for it to endure so long and affect so many lives. So it's also improbable that Buddha was made up and never existed.

This theory perhaps provides an explanation for both of these mysteries.

The problem is..People just fall for any crap that the Ashkenazi Jews lay on humanity...99% of humanity don't need much sh*t to sleep on....The question you are asking is too deep and the elites don't like it this way...They don't like deep thinkers on earth but facebook lovers :lol: :lol:

Being an Indian, where this guy came from, I have been asking the same question for like 35 years now and I get a muted silence...

Buddha was a controlled religious opposition....He did nothing but destroy India back to stone age...Before Buddha...India was very developed with high arts etc...his philosophy took the best and brightest to become monks and India lost its shine and was conquered by outside forces...all good healthy men who could defend india became monks.

Its a classic East vs West....Aliens vs Non-Aliens Divide....

He never ever talked about the presence of Aliens on earth...A guy who is as evolved as him...should have spoken about Aliens who are the very cause of problems he mentions on humanity.

All gods in the world from japan to America never talk about Aliens and those who are into Aliens UFO stuff never talk about gods and religion....Its just classic divide and rule...the freedom for humanity lies somewhere in the middle of both.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Buddha and his quest to end suffering

Post by Winston »

Starchild,
Another dangerous thing about modern Buddhism is the doctrine of "non-self" or "emptiness". It's like they want to teach you to deny yourself, so that you have no identity, and you have to seek your identity from without rather than from within. This is useful to the ruling elite because then they can use that to control you, strip away your identity and get you to seek an identity in your job, your nation, your status, your possessions, etc. Extroverts are easier to control than introverts, because they seek to conform and be accepted by society.

I don't know if the original Buddha taught those concepts or not, because he never wrote anything down, oddly. But it's very possible that, like Christianity, the original founder's teachings were gradually perverted by each successive layer of power that wanted to take advantage of it for political control, ranging from the Roman Emperors, to Catholic Popes, Protestant leaders, and to Kings such as King James who published the official version of the Bible in the 1600's.

Cultures also change religions. Chinese Buddhism for instance, mixes Buddha's teachings with a rigid system of do's and don't, rules and penalties, and preach fear of punishment and going to hell for your sins, etc. Chinese love rituals, laws and control by fear, so of course they will mix those elements into Buddhism. Every country will put their own culture into Buddhism or other religions that enter in.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

It's not all Ashkenazi's, it's the Zionist network and boy do they just sit back and have a good laugh at how dumb most of us are.

They really do toy with us like a bunch of retards.

So Star Child you do not believe the money masters created all the Alien stuff ? because I do.
Time to Hide!
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote:Starchild,
Another dangerous thing about modern Buddhism is the doctrine of "non-self" or "emptiness". It's like they want to teach you to deny yourself, so that you have no identity, and you have to seek your identity from without rather than from within. This is useful to the ruling elite because then they can use that to control you, strip away your identity and get you to seek an identity in your job, your nation, your status, your possessions, etc. Extroverts are easier to control than introverts, because they seek to conform and be accepted by society.

I don't know if the original Buddha taught those concepts or not, because he never wrote anything down, oddly. But it's very possible that, like Christianity, the original founder's teachings were gradually perverted by each successive layer of power that wanted to take advantage of it for political control, ranging from the Roman Emperors, to Catholic Popes, Protestant leaders, and to Kings such as King James who published the official version of the Bible in the 1600's.

Cultures also change religions. Chinese Buddhism for instance, mixes Buddha's teachings with a rigid system of do's and don't, rules and penalties, and preach fear of punishment and going to hell for your sins, etc. Chinese love rituals, laws and control by fear, so of course they will mix those elements into Buddhism. Every country will put their own culture into Buddhism or other religions that enter in.
Buddha was a Psychological weapon on humanity....His doctrine of self destruction with emptiness was nothing but giving your power away and destroying your soul to be ruled and controlled. The decline of India started when Buddha came out of nowhere from area that is Nepal and conquered India with "spiritual" might or rather PSY-OP...

His wandering around forest, going hungry for days, no clothes, poor is a classic VICTIM PSY-OP employed by the elites to gain sympathy...Now, we all know, you don't need to be poor nor hungry to realize the truth...You may well know the truth by sleeping around, eating good food, travel, watching movies etc..everything that Buddha said not to do....could also get you what he preached.

Even 5, 10, 20 thousand years ago..These guys had advanced technology..They are just narrating a script...The buddha we came to know could well be a good actor and he could well be alive...These guys just dont die. even we don't really die but even their bodies do not....

This Buddha crap spread a lot faster than any of the truth that is really out there...Its impossible without the elites permitting it....

Stay away from Buddha crap, if anyone wants to love themselves and others
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Moretorque wrote:It's not all Ashkenazi's, it's the Zionist network and boy do they just sit back and have a good laugh at how dumb most of us are.

They really do toy with us like a bunch of retards.

So Star Child you do not believe the money masters created all the Alien stuff ? because I do.
The problem is humanity fall for the oldest Zionist, Ashkenazi, jewish....whatever you wanna call it...... tricks..They are surely too smart to confuse us with their identity, so lets not fight over that :lol: :lol:

You built something Huge and attach some shi*t spiritual message to it and 99.999% of humanity starts believing it. The reason they construct BIG temples, mosque, church is to Psychologically defeat you...

-----------------------

Its impossible to control humanity to the point of T that humans self destroy themselves with drugs, movies, TV, oprah, religion, marriages, kids, job, money.....etc

There has to be a greater force that is controlling us all ...

As I said...Aliens are not the real show in town...Its just the face of Conspiracy...The real Conspiracy is much higher...Non biological non physical things are controlling humanity for bigger agendas...

Banks are just part of the control system created by the dark force
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Is it they are that smart or we are that dumb, they just figured out that if they could counterfeit the money and not be audited they could rule the world. Stupidity of the masses fills the rest in.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Good 1977 BBC documentary about Buddhism in Sri Lanka and the life of the Buddhist monks and villagers there. Very interesting and down to earth. Documentaries from the 1970's were more dry and informative, not as sensational as today, but they were more genuine and down to earth as well.

Footprints of the Buddha

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMtr9yI5tgo[/youtube]

Another one from the same series about Buddhism in Japan.

The Land of the Disappearing Buddha

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB6l9biDm-M[/youtube]