Is every filipina a whore / slut?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Re: Is every filipina a whore / slut?

Post by Mr S »

Johnny1975 wrote:I get it. There are whores and sluts everywhere. And I understand that in the Philippines there are lots of them, for whatever reason (poverty, etc). But I've not been able to read or find any videos or anything that shows normal nightlife. It seems that in the Philippines nightlife = whores.

All I see is old codgers getting with young women who if money wasn't a factor probably would rather go with guys a bit closer to their own age or maybe even a decade older or whatever, or someone that they actually had some real rapport with or something in common. It gets boring after a while. Where's the scene where people go to have a real, sincere good time?

Yes sex is nice but it seems that over there it's way too cheap and to be honest it saddens me to see such attractive, nice seeming girls doing what they're doing. Actually I find it disgusting. People complain about western women being sluts but this is pretty much the same thing, and I think filipinas are better than that. I read recently that there are about 500,000 prostitutes there and I think that's f***ing disgusting.

Is there such a thing as normal nightlife, normal bars or nightclubs where girls go out just to have a couple of drinks and a chat and a laugh and dance and maybe flirt or whatever, but without the whoring? Or are all nightclubs just whore joints? Where do people go to just have a good time and meet other people and just do normal stuff? Where are the normal venues? Do they even exist? Where do the normal women go to have a normal good time? If there wasn't such a demand for sex would all women just stay at home and knit?

If I ever go there, I like the idea of being able to go out for a drink at night and get chatting with some nice girls who aren't whores or sluts.

There are lots of places which supposedly have 'normal' women, however those places the girls are not really looking to meet the new love of their life like in a Western country might. They all hang out in groups and they are all friends and not looking for a new boyfriend to date but just having a good time. Many are with other guys or gays so unless they introduce themselves to you to be friendly or something like that you're probably not going to be getting any numbers unless you are really aggressive and get some nasty stares from Filipinos who think you might be rude. You have to kinda figure out how to walk the tight rope with these kinds of people. If you live here you can figure it out but it's kinda a big hassle and pain in the ass so I don't bother anymore. That's why most foreign guys would rather just go to pick up joints, it's easier and less drama shit to deal with.

* Quezon City's Timog street is where most normal bars and dance clubs are, there are also girly and gay bars but they are for Filipinos or Asians and pretty obvious from regular bars in the area.

* Eastwood City mall in the evenings and weekend have a large nightlife area, no pick up girls there and mostly 20 somethings Filipinos. Not too many foreigners, if any go there.

*Ft Bonafacio area had nightlife that aren't really pickup joints but those mostly high end clubs and bars where the rich or wannabe's hang out. Not really my kind of place but if you want to see how Filipinos try to recreate a Filipino style LA type nightlife scene go there.

*Malate area of Manila has a mix of normal and pick up bars, they are located in different areas so as not to get confused.

*Ortigas area has a booming nightlife area as well since there are a lot of offices and call centers there.

Actually, there are lots of places that aren't pick up joints but regular nightlife, if you know where to go. But in comparison to other large cities in Asia the Philippines has the lamest nightlife, even Jakarta has better nightlife and they are a Muslim country.

Here's a few examples of popular normal nightlife joints in PI I found on Youtube:
Most Filipinos prefer live music venues as nightlife places, the music quality of course varies.
I pretty much know where to go around Manila for tame or naughty nightlife. Been there, done that.

This is RJ's Bistro in Makati, it's a famous live music place:

Here's some Cowboy Grill clips (there are multiple locations across the metro not just in Malate):

Eastwood city samples:

Ortigas house party (you gotta know people for these):

I think this club is in Ft Bonafacio somewhere, that's where they usually have high profile nightlife shit like this:

IF you start surfing on youtube and just type in city nightlife or something like that you can get a feel for what's available in whatever city in the Philippnes.

For example here is a sample of nightlife in Iloilo City:
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Thanks Mr S. That's helpful.

Well i'm a musician myself so I appreciate live music, so that kind of venue would really suit me. I'm not an aggressive person so I don't think I would get myself involved in any trouble, certainly not for a girl, it's not worth the hassle.

I would be willing to worm my way into a social group if it would get me introduced to some pusa.

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Johnny1975 wrote: Whenever I picture myself living there (either full time or part time), or any other nice country, I always imagine being in a small to medium sized town near a big city, or a suburb of a big city, but not actually in the city itself. I like the idea of being close to things while being slightly out of the way. Manila seems interesting, possibly exciting in some ways, but I'd hate to be in the middle of all that. Maybe Cebu, Davao or Dumaguete.
Hate to sound like a broken record, but here's why you have to get there in person and not take too much stock in videos or postings (except for mine of course :) ). Cebu City, Davao and Dumaguete are very different.

Cebu is "Little Manila," a large over populated Metro area with all of the downsides (and a few of the upsides) of Metro Manila. Yep, there is some clubbing but try crawling through traffic to get to it. It is definitely not a small/medium city and there are no suburbs. It's urban sprawl and takes a good hour to get outside the city, into more provincial areas.

Davao - conservative, safe (the mayor is open about his attitude toward criminals - kill them), but you aren't going to find a night life. You can in my experience find nice girls, but clubbing's not going to be the way.

Dumaguete - Smaller, lots of expats, colleges. Nice restaurants and night life. A nice place to retire to; I am considering it. But is there enough night life for you? That you would have to determine for yourself.

I have said this before and will again. Choose the place you want to go to (or live in) first. Nice girls (or not nice - depending on your taste) can be found anywhere in the Philippines.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Johnny1975 wrote:
hammanta wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:I get it. There are whores and sluts everywhere. And I understand that in the Philippines there are lots of them, for whatever reason (poverty, etc). But I've not been able to read or find any videos or anything that shows normal nightlife. It seems that in the Philippines nightlife = whores.

All I see is old codgers getting with young women who if money wasn't a factor probably would rather go with guys a bit closer to their own age or maybe even a decade older or whatever, or someone that they actually had some real rapport with or something in common. It gets boring after a while. Where's the scene where people go to have a real, sincere good time?

Yes sex is nice but it seems that over there it's way too cheap and to be honest it saddens me to see such attractive, nice seeming girls doing what they're doing. Actually I find it disgusting. People complain about western women being sluts but this is pretty much the same thing, and I think filipinas are better than that. I read recently that there are about 500,000 prostitutes there and I think that's f***ing disgusting.

Is there such a thing as normal nightlife, normal bars or nightclubs where girls go out just to have a couple of drinks and a chat and a laugh and dance and maybe flirt or whatever, but without the whoring? Or are all nightclubs just whore joints? Where do people go to just have a good time and meet other people and just do normal stuff? Where are the normal venues? Do they even exist? Where do the normal women go to have a normal good time? If there wasn't such a demand for sex would all women just stay at home and knit?

If I ever go there, I like the idea of being able to go out for a drink at night and get chatting with some nice girls who aren't whores or sluts.
Here's the issue, most normal night clubs do not cater to foreigners well, therefore you do not hear about them. Raunchy clubs are usually higher priced and have hotter girls as well so normal girls find it hard to pay the cover or bottle service required, yet alone are allowed to get in. Most people don't like walking into a bar or club and just being that odd lonely guy sitting off to the side. Regular Filipinas are shy and especially timid to foreigners, so I wouldn't expect you to be able to meet many open girls in those settings. Normal clubs in the Philippines are generally crowded with groups of friends or coworkers enjoying a weekend night out together making it even harder to get in with them. You may have some luck in the areas where colleges are located.

As odd as this sounds, you would have better luck with the ladies if you met a couple trusting Filipino guys. This opens up a level of trustworthiness. I'd say a good portion of Filipinas would like to meet foreigners but again, they are timid and shy. Another example that might work is chatting up some of the waitresses during the day at some of the better establishments. Bubba Gumps is one of my favorite restaurants and always has cute girls working there.

Getting out of the main cities and tourist areas always helps as well. You will be hard pressed to find Go-Go bars in the smaller cities and provinces around the country. Prostitution still exists some but honestly you'd have to go looking for it and usually isn't centered around foreigners, or at least Western foreigners.

But really it comes down to how you interact in certain scenarios. If you walk into a bar and just wait for females to come up to you, then you will probably fail. If you swallow your pride and put yourself out there a little, you have at least a decent shot at succeeding.
I'm not talking about women coming up to me. I don't necessarily expect that. I'm just talking about where they go, and then obviously it would be up to me to approach them, if they are that shy. No problem.

A westerner wouldn't necessarily be uncomfortable in a venue that caters to filipinos. Why would they be? It's an experience. Sure, one would stand out, but for me at least it's not a problem. In fact it could work to my advantage. And I certainly wouldn't mind sitting alone until I know my way around and understand the etiquette or whatever.

Or do you mean that a westerner's presence would make everybody else there wonder "what does this guy want?" ?
If you are open to trying new things and experiences, then you should be fine. I was more referring to how a lot of foreigners wouldn't like normal bars because most don't travel all that way to not be hounded by slutty women. Bars where girls are more conservative and cautious tend to not sound like fun for a lot of men. And honestly a lot of people just can't stand going solo, especially if they are American. It's a somewhat foreign concept to us. I never had eaten alone in a restaurant or gone to a bar solo until I went overseas. The most fun I had at a bar in the Philippines was at a comedy/music club. If you have tolerance for gay people and don't mind being the butt of jokes, it's a hell of an experience. Just don't make my mistake and sit in the front row.

Me personally, I like to get off the beaten track. I like to be the only "whitey" around to test the boundaries. The farther I am away from tourists and other foreigners the more at home I feel.

Sitting in a bar alone isn't going to be really frowned upon by locals but they may not understand why you are alone. The girls will probably just assume you are getting away from the wife or girlfriend for a while. This may prompt some local guys to chat with you or ask you to join them. I've had this happen before. I wouldn't get to upset if you don't get much female attention at first. Being turned down by a Filipina, especially at a bar doesn't necessarily mean she is not interested, she could just be shy or intimidated by your physical appearance or her ability to understand you.

As Dave mentioned, you seem like a level headed guy and could probably do well in the Philippines depending on your expectations and time there. I and everyone else here can give you a ton of advice but in reality, first hand experience counts for more. Good luck.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

davewe wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote: Whenever I picture myself living there (either full time or part time), or any other nice country, I always imagine being in a small to medium sized town near a big city, or a suburb of a big city, but not actually in the city itself. I like the idea of being close to things while being slightly out of the way. Manila seems interesting, possibly exciting in some ways, but I'd hate to be in the middle of all that. Maybe Cebu, Davao or Dumaguete.
Hate to sound like a broken record, but here's why you have to get there in person and not take too much stock in videos or postings (except for mine of course :) ). Cebu City, Davao and Dumaguete are very different.

Cebu is "Little Manila," a large over populated Metro area with all of the downsides (and a few of the upsides) of Metro Manila. Yep, there is some clubbing but try crawling through traffic to get to it. It is definitely not a small/medium city and there are no suburbs. It's urban sprawl and takes a good hour to get outside the city, into more provincial areas.

Davao - conservative, safe (the mayor is open about his attitude toward criminals - kill them), but you aren't going to find a night life. You can in my experience find nice girls, but clubbing's not going to be the way.

Dumaguete - Smaller, lots of expats, colleges. Nice restaurants and night life. A nice place to retire to; I am considering it. But is there enough night life for you? That you would have to determine for yourself.

I have said this before and will again. Choose the place you want to go to (or live in) first. Nice girls (or not nice - depending on your taste) can be found anywhere in the Philippines.
I am a big fan of Mindinao but the area of the Philippines I hear least about is the Northern part of Luzon. The farthest North I have been is Tarlac City. I'm talking about past Baguio, into Tuguegarao, Laoag City, Ilagan City, etc. I imagine there are plenty of smaller cities unscathed by mongerer influences that would be nice to visit or live in. Plus the weather tends to be nicer in higher destinations in the Philippines.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I'm not talking about women coming up to me. I don't necessarily expect that. I'm just talking about where they go, and then obviously it would be up to me to approach them, if they are that shy. No problem.

A westerner wouldn't necessarily be uncomfortable in a venue that caters to filipinos. Why would they be? It's an experience. Sure, one would stand out, but for me at least it's not a problem. In fact it could work to my advantage. And I certainly wouldn't mind sitting alone until I know my way around and understand the etiquette or whatever.

Or do you mean that a westerner's presence would make everybody else there wonder "what does this guy want?" ?
If you are open to trying new things and experiences, then you should be fine. I was more referring to how a lot of foreigners wouldn't like normal bars because most don't travel all that way to not be hounded by slutty women. Bars where girls are more conservative and cautious tend to not sound like fun for a lot of men. And honestly a lot of people just can't stand going solo, especially if they are American. It's a somewhat foreign concept to us. I never had eaten alone in a restaurant or gone to a bar solo until I went overseas. The most fun I had at a bar in the Philippines was at a comedy/music club. If you have tolerance for gay people and don't mind being the butt of jokes, it's a hell of an experience. Just don't make my mistake and sit in the front row.

Me personally, I like to get off the beaten track. I like to be the only "whitey" around to test the boundaries. The farther I am away from tourists and other foreigners the more at home I feel.

Sitting in a bar alone isn't going to be really frowned upon by locals but they may not understand why you are alone. The girls will probably just assume you are getting away from the wife or girlfriend for a while. This may prompt some local guys to chat with you or ask you to join them. I've had this happen before. I wouldn't get to upset if you don't get much female attention at first. Being turned down by a Filipina, especially at a bar doesn't necessarily mean she is not interested, she could just be shy or intimidated by your physical appearance or her ability to understand you.

As Dave mentioned, you seem like a level headed guy and could probably do well in the Philippines depending on your expectations and time there. I and everyone else here can give you a ton of advice but in reality, first hand experience counts for more. Good luck.[/quote]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well from what you say, it sounds like the more decent filipinas do like going out. I just assumed that they stayed at home most of the time with their bibles. I'm glad to hear that they get out and about in the evenings, as that would give me a chance to meet them. And the clubbing scene isn't my thing any more, and by that I mean the extremely loud crappy club music and the pretentiousness, not that I don't like bars with music in themselves. I prefer a more social setting, and comedy / live music venues seem more appealing to me.

But for now it's just a dream, until I start making some money and work on expanding my comfort zone.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Ghost wrote:Most of them that poreners will find are. If you're going for the nightlife or don't weed them out on dating sites, then of course you will find only whores.

That said, the culture is promiscuous with a veneer of Catholicism. Definitely not traditional anymore, except for a few pockets perhaps, and poreners don't get access to those.
It breaks my heart to think of all those nice girls being promiscuous. I hate seeing beautiful things get ruined. I think it's good for a girl to be flirtatious, and if she meets a guy and has some rapport with him and she thinks there might be something more, I can understand if she wants to have sex fairly soon in an attempt to create a bond. I think that's reasonable and natural, as long as she doesn't make a habit of it otherwise it will have a negative effect on her (ability to bond / be loyal) But outright sluttiness, I frown on it.

I wish I lived in a world where you could meet a sweet girl who's had 10 or 20 cocks in her without her ability to bond or be loyal being affected. Then her history would be like anything else, no big deal. Not that I'd want that, but in such a world, I wouldn't particularly mind. Correction : I would. 10-20 is too much. Maybe 5 or 6. Erm, actually I don't know. And I think it would be nice if there existed some form of respectable prostitution. How would that even work? I don't know.

But I don't live in that world, so it's best to seek a girl who leans towards conservative, but who secretly loves sex and wants to find the right guy to do nasty things with, and no one else. I quite like the contrast between shy and secretly nasty.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Johnny1975 wrote:
Ghost wrote:Most of them that poreners will find are. If you're going for the nightlife or don't weed them out on dating sites, then of course you will find only whores.

That said, the culture is promiscuous with a veneer of Catholicism. Definitely not traditional anymore, except for a few pockets perhaps, and poreners don't get access to those.
It breaks my heart to think of all those nice girls being promiscuous. I hate seeing beautiful things get ruined. I think it's good for a girl to be flirtatious, and if she meets a guy and has some rapport with him and she thinks there might be something more, I can understand if she wants to have sex fairly soon in an attempt to create a bond. I think that's reasonable and natural, as long as she doesn't make a habit of it otherwise it will have a negative effect on her (ability to bond / be loyal) But outright sluttiness, I frown on it.

I wish I lived in a world where you could meet a sweet girl who's had 10 or 20 cocks in her without her ability to bond or be loyal being affected. Then her history would be like anything else, no big deal. Not that I'd want that, but in such a world, I wouldn't particularly mind. Correction : I would. 10-20 is too much. Maybe 5 or 6. Erm, actually I don't know. And I think it would be nice if there existed some form of respectable prostitution. How would that even work? I don't know.

But I don't live in that world, so it's best to seek a girl who leans towards conservative, but who secretly loves sex and wants to find the right guy to do nasty things with, and no one else. I quite like the contrast between shy and secretly nasty.
Actually, this opinion of yours is the main reason why I stayed in the Philippines during the 2000's cause you could find many girls like this if you took your time and put effort into meeting many different ladies from a wide array of backgrounds. However, all that changed around 2010 or so when high speed internet started becoming the norm in the PI and smart phones started to become affordable, that with social media sites, it all seemed to corrupt many women here to the point of no return. I've met girls that you describe and never got with them long term cause I thought the gravy train would never end, how wrong I was. I suppose if I had a chance to do it all over again I would have settled for one of the girls I had met that was exactly as you described desiring. I'm sure they may still be around but probably a lot harder to find then before. Some guys frown upon girls like that but if you're not into putting on an act for social conformity and don't mind her past it's not a big deal as long as she is good to you in the present and you totally both commit to each other knowing the good and bad of each others past, moving positively into the future together.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Johnny1975 wrote:
Bars where girls are more conservative and cautious tend to not sound like fun for a lot of men. And honestly a lot of people just can't stand going solo, especially if they are American.
If you are looking for a really conservative 'wife-material' type wife, why go to a bar? You might find a decent one there, but if a girl really likes to hang out in bars a lot, is that a likely indicator that she will be a good wife? If she drinks too much, that probably increases her chance of not being a virgin, since alcohol lowers inhibitions.

There are other places to meet women, church meetings, college campuses, striking up a conversation with a girl at the mall, etc. You could also ask for friends or employees to introduce you to attractive single women, that sort of thing. How common is it for Filippinos to meet love interests through a friend?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

This is my impression, based on everything I've come across :

It seems to me that the three fuckups that occur in western countries, namely...

* Promiscuity
* Prostitution
* Single mothers

...also occurs in the Philippines, but for very different reasons. And this might give the wrong impression.

Promiscuity : In western countries, this happens because yolo, you go girl, girls just wanna have fun, we can do what we like, blah blah blah. But in the Philippines, it's mostly because girls are very romantic and idealistic, and they are keen to please and this includes sex. But filipinOs are mostly players who buzz from flower to flower. As a result, the girl is broken hearted and then seeks a new boyfriend, gives it up again, and on it goes.

Prostitution : In the west, it's drug addicts, funding a lavish lifestyle, sex addicts, abuse, etc. In the Philippines, its because of poverty and hardship and the feeling of necessity. But one thing I don't understand is, one would have to have a lot of hardship to outweigh the church's teachings. But is it really that bad? Is it really necessary to resort to prostitution in many cases? I can understand if you're living on the streets, but simply being poor shouldn't be sufficient reason to give up your dignity. Maybe it has become such a common thing, that it becomes an easy thing to resort to, and because so many other girls do it, you don't feel so bad about it.

Single mothers : In the west, it's because women are stupid and knowingly make stupid choices. In the Philippines, it's because filipinOs are players.

And this may give a negative impression of filipinas. I think that although there's a lot of these things over there, I think that the majority are the opposite, but it's just that the ones that do those things, do it a lot, and so the net result is a high average, giving the impression that many of them are like that. But I do think that by and large, most filipinas are not prone to those 3 things. They are bad things, but I think that you also have to look at the reasons why someone does it.

How accurate is that?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I'm now doing the experiment (but differently) on Date In Asia, and I'm getting turned down left right and centre.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

My approach is (or was - I've just been banned) to visit lots of profiles, wait for them to message me, then reply mentioning that I want to exchange photos. That's it. I was just sending a couple of dick photos to a girl who asked me to send first, and I was just telling her to check her email when I realised I was banned. Now my fun is ruined. But she's got my email so hopefully she'll reply.

But other than that, 99.99999% of them turned me down.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

MrMan wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:
Bars where girls are more conservative and cautious tend to not sound like fun for a lot of men. And honestly a lot of people just can't stand going solo, especially if they are American.
If you are looking for a really conservative 'wife-material' type wife, why go to a bar? You might find a decent one there, but if a girl really likes to hang out in bars a lot, is that a likely indicator that she will be a good wife? If she drinks too much, that probably increases her chance of not being a virgin, since alcohol lowers inhibitions.

There are other places to meet women, church meetings, college campuses, striking up a conversation with a girl at the mall, etc. You could also ask for friends or employees to introduce you to attractive single women, that sort of thing. How common is it for Filippinos to meet love interests through a friend?

I think what you are touching on is the typical pond scum level of most men from the West...spend their time complaining about the"wimins" in the west....but when it comes down to it, they are part of the body of sewer scum that generated the mess to begin with.