Politically-correct accusations of over-generalising

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Politically-correct accusations of over-generalising

Post by mattyman »

I am not allowed to make comparisons or point out patterns I've observed.

The fact that locally, the norm amongst young women is the bitchy, scowl-faced look, and the fact that one's that are both attractive and sweet are hard to find locally, and have been more prevalent elsewhere is a pattern that's observable, not a generalisation.

One thing that really annoys me is when I try to explain this to people, and people try to shoot me down and play the over-generalising card, the grass-is-greener card. NO, I'm pointing out a pattern that's easily observable.

Last week at one of my local pubs, I met a decent-looking girl, actually approachable, no bitch shield, none of that 'does he want something from me' vibe, no drunkenness, no slutty behaviour. She was well-spoken, interesting, and we had a nice conversation about watersports and all that. Guess what, she wasn't local.

The thing is, girls like that are nearly impossible to find locally. All the nice encounters have been from non-local ones. The main theme amongst local young women is the chavvy, scowl-faced, slutty, rough or trashy. Deviations from these themes are nearly impossible to find. On Friday or Saturday nights, the ONLY deviations from that theme have always been from up-country (non-chavvy, better-brought-up, more middle-class areas) or from abroad.

What pisses me off is that when I explain to my associates this observation, people react as if I'm being bitter, overgeneralising, lumping people into categories. It doesn't matter how hard I try to point out that I'm pointing out a pattern, and what's available locally doesn't enamour me, it just goes in one ear and out the other. Whenever I try to express my feelings on this issue, the usual politically-correct attempt to shoot me down, dismiss and disrespect my feelings follows.

Another example on a related note; I was serving a nice Asian girl at work (think she must have been Thai), after which I made some comments to some friends about how she was more pretty, better-mannered, sweeter, more easy-to-talk to and more feminine than the typical local girl.

Guess what? Usual knee-jerk emotional reaction. The 'if you don't like what's normal locally (e.g. nasty attitude)
then there's something wrong with you type rhetoric. I hate political correctness, I hate the way, when trying to express grievances with what's the norm locally, my preferences, and how they're more common amongst other cohorts from outside the area (an observable pattern), all I get nothing but attempts to use what I say against me, shoot me down, dismiss my feelings, accuse me of over-generalising, seeing the outside world through rose-tinted glasses, grass is always greener and all that bullshit.

I'm sick of having to give disclaimers; there is a large difference between saying 'all local girls are rough, slags, chavvy etc' and 'there's such a large prevalence of that locally, almost to the extent that it's impossible to find girls that are not like that' or 'other areas, regions, nationalities have a higher prevalence of nicer girls than locally, I think I'd be happier and have a better chance of meeting a nice girl in a different environment'. I doesn't matter how hard I try to express my feelings, I just get the politically-correct bullshit.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Here's a good rule in life : Don't argue with idiots. Phase them out. Let them fester in their own bullshit. Don't try to convince people who can't be convinced. Let them live their lives in ignorance. Liberate yourself from wasting your energy on them. Find what you're looking for and let those people disappear.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

When you make observations or comparisons of any kind in regard to people, women or cultures, you get between a rock and a hard place. You will be accused of generalizing by the politically correct. But you can't say that everything is the same everywhere either, because that's obviously not true either.

It's a paradox. People don't like negative comparisons. You are supposed to say that everything is great everywhere and everyone is great too. That's all they want to hear. It's stupid. You are not allowed to be honest or say the truth.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rzhayutik
Freshman Poster

Post by Rzhayutik »

There no such thing as politically correct Christians.
Men's job is to obey God !
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

Yeah, OP, it is true. Living in Arlington, TX nobody speaks to me unless they need something. Otherwise they pretend I am not there.

I have been through dry spells where I go months without even seeing an attractive woman and then I decided to take a trip to California. All I had to do was pass by a restaurant at the AIRPORT and I saw a cute Nepalese girl smiling at me. Then I got to Longbeach and met a stunning girl from West Africa. She had someone but I could relax around her because she was fun to talk to.

It is politically incorrect to say that most people are fat and dumb but that represents a lot of people.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

They use the generalization card when it fit them.
You say:"In general,US women are agressive,anti male,arrogant,selfish,paranoiac..."
They say:"Stop generalizing..you can't make your opinion only on your few experiences..do you know all the US women?What makes you think everybody is equal?We are a free country..each people can be what they feel to be..stop spreading your hate to independant women."

Take the reverse role and you will see they use the same generalization speech but because it's mainstream it's correct.
They say:"You go to find a thirld world chick for an easy,submissive,slave women because you can't stand female in the US"..generalization.
"You are a man,so you only think about sex,women as object and don't respect them"..generalization.
So you see...all these generalizations are a shit argument.

Language by itself is a generalization...you can't speak of all women one by one but you can see patterns in societies who will correctly make you understand how things work.
You don't need to go in detail and buy the psychological individual crap that we are all free to be ourselves outside the place we live.
The generalization argument has the objective to make you accept a way of life you despise,to make you believe is you who is wrong,is you who can't grow yourself because as an individual you are defective.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Johnny1975 wrote:Here's a good rule in life : Don't argue with idiots. Phase them out. Let them fester in their own bullshit. Don't try to convince people who can't be convinced. Let them live their lives in ignorance. Liberate yourself from wasting your energy on them. Find what you're looking for and let those people disappear.
Yes in some days i'm Thailand so i will have all the time to talk about bullshit with them :wink:
There is no best response(move far from them) than to argue with these morons..you argue..you loose.
See..i've met many Thai women who where considered coming from a good background and none of them spoke about the generalization argument.
They just understand things works differently in some places that's all.
They don't judge,they don't feel to have superpowers to understand everything and one of the most important thing..live and let live.
How Western society,especially women about men are judgemental is totally insane.

What a relief to spend some time without having to listen all these crap,relaxing with a nice Thai woman who takes the life as it come and is not barking like a mad dog biting everywhere.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Re: Politically-correct accusations of over-generalising

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Both American men who work at the hostel in Ciudad Juarez gave me politically correct bullshit.

I say: Many American women are stuck up, act like men, are unapproachable, and only want to date the best-looking men with a lot of money. In Mexico, the girls tend to be more humble and down to earth.

They say: You're generalizing. Your opinions are misogynistic. Girls are the same everywhere you go, and you just need to have confidence in yourself. Foreign women are only after your money and a green card.

Non-HA American men, especially alpha males, don't want to hear the truth. They only want to hear political correctness and "everything is great", EVEN abroad.

Yet when I discussed the dating problems and social disconnectedness in the US with the hostel owner's sister, she did NOT give me politically correct bullshit. In fact, she agreed with EVERYTHING I told her about American women and Mexican women being like night and day. The hostel owner herself agreed with me when I mentioned to her that American women typically go for bad boys instead of nice guys. Many of the locals I met in Ciudad Juarez, I was able to hold intellectual conversations with them.

Even my family also gives me politically correct BS, which is part of the reason I wan't nothing to do with them.

I say: The US social scene is closed and cliquish
My sister says: You're not trying
I say: American women are stuck up
My dad says: No they're not
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

mattyman wrote:
....One thing that really annoys me is when I try to explain this to people.....

....What pisses me off is that when I explain to my associates this observation.....

.....It doesn't matter how hard I try to point out that I'm pointing out a pattern.....

.....Whenever I try to express my feelings on this issue.....

.....after which I made some comments to some friends....

.....trying to express grievances with what's the norm locally, my preferences
Stop trying, stop explaining, stop pointing out, stop expressing, stop commenting.
Save yourself.

--Get out of the USSA
--Make some new trusted friend through HA
--Keep your thoughts to yourself.

The world is not a rational place. People are not rational. They will turn on you like Agent Smith in The Matrix (was that his name?) They all have those Agent Smiths inside them, operating as a background program ( a "meme") inside them. Do not arouse or engage them. Go on about your business, do an Obi Wan Kenobi on them. "Nothing to see here, keep moving."

Summary:
Make new friends, and talk a lot less. Give fewer opinions, even to real friends. Listen to people, and above all, observe them. Keep your mouth shut.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

I run into the same bullshit pretty frequently. Try using a more "devout" tone when you say that these are trends & not 100% sweeping statements. Also, you might try saying "So I'm one of those people that over-generalize?" Manipulative, but so is making you out to be the bad guy when you notice that some things happen more frequently than others. I think the idea of "don't discriminate" sinks in kind of literally.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

This is one of my favorite posts. It's like reading my own thoughts. Me and another member mention this whenever talking about this topic. It's exactly what I've gone through with trying to explain to others my observations about the behavior of local women and exactly how I feel. You feel like you always have to give disclaimers such as "I'm not talking about every single girl". I know it's not ALL females but a LOT of them I see on a daily basis. The gym, Walmart, etc. The local girl just does not appeal to me. I see plenty of girls, usually white, that I'm attracted to but I don't see many that I would considered wife material. They just look good but give off a vibe that is very unappealing such as mattyman mentioned; slutty, ghetto, rough, masculine acting, scowl-faced. This is what we're dealing with because the culture has damaged the minds of most women in this culture.