Is China a lost cause?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Malcolm Z
Freshman Poster

Is China a lost cause?

Post by Malcolm Z »

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/06/05/gend ... 36435.html

Other Asian countries like Vietnam also have gender imbalance issues
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is China a lost cause?

Post by Cornfed »

Korea is like that too. The whole world is becoming a demographic/genetic train wreck.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Malcolm Z wrote:http://www.newsweek.com/2015/06/05/gend ... 36435.html
http://www.thanhniennews.com/society/ge ... -4539.html

Yes, correct. Vietnam too. Same as China. Same situation in India.

It's understandable for poor parents - girls are non-productive, they only cause problems and cost money, why even to bother with them?

I personally do not agree to such policy, but Chinese and Vietnamese can be pretty harsh to regulate their private situation.

The time where young men went to war and never came back is over - also in Vietnam. Not only in China and Korea.

There are however some Asian countries, which do not discriminate against female before/after birth.

In Japan such a custom is unknown, or in Philippines too. By my knowledge there was never a policy like that.

In Japan however gender imbalance related problems exist between rural and city areas. In rural areas there are many more men than women, in cities are many more women than men.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Great article Malcolm. Thanks for posting.

Funny, the BIG business opportunity would be to market AW no one wants to Chinese men who can't find a bride.

:lol:

China murdered tens of millions of unborn girls due to one-child BS, now women are scarce, and I bet the peasant farmers there STILL wouldn't want surplus AW.

BTW I was reading about India recently, up in Punjab or Rajasthan or thereabouts it is like this too. Four marriage age women for every five men. So apparently they kill off their unborns there too.

But back to your question: NO def NOT a lost cause. If you own a house, and can support a nonworking wife, China (or the FSU) will be your huckleberry. Ignore the hoydens in the article. Lots of women from there are wanting to be wives and moms. They just want a house.

I know, it sounds so totally outrageous. But your grandmother and mine also expected a house.

So maybe these Chinkies are not so outrageous after all.

Not trying to be a hater here. I can't buy a house myself, and I will probably not be wife-hunting in China. But if you live in a normal, affordable part of America, and have a decent job (I don't), I wouldn't be afraid of going to China.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Malcolm Z wrote:http://www.newsweek.com/2015/06/05/gend ... 36435.html

Nah, the gender ratio is actually pretty even in cities with decent populations (a.k.a the only places that matter). Most of the men at the bottom are migrant workers and poor farmers (over a hundred million of them), who are practically invisible to women. If you get rid of them, the gender ratio is actually pretty even. Remember, women always pursue men who are better/richer than them. That's why wealthy men in China have multiple mistresses, gender imbalance be damned. You gotta remember that even in the US with an even gender ratio, there's no such thing as a girl for every guy, as you all know too well. Usually the 80/20 rule of 80% of the women wanting the top 20% of men is true, wherever you go. You aren't really screwed as long as you have decent value to yourself.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migrant_worker#China
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Dragon wrote:Nah, the gender ratio is actually pretty even in cities with decent populations (a.k.a the only places that matter). Most of the men at the bottom are migrant workers and poor farmers
Yeah this has been explained several times before. In some cities there are actually more women.
Every once in a while someone brings up the china gender imbalance thing, and this has to be clarified again. Malcom_z always sees the cup half empty.
Last edited by droid on June 1st, 2015, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Black women here have difficulty finding husbands. Successful black women have difficulty finding a man with a degree. Poor black women in the inner city with 8 kids from different men have difficulty finding a husband. So let's open a website to send black women over to China to marry the poor farmers.

Then they could pick the sassy funny type wives and film a reality show about it.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Dont think little chinese guys would be able to satisfy black women
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Banano wrote:Dont think little chinese guys would be able to satisfy black women
One winter in a Chinese village and any spoiled US-trash grrl is back to normal... believe me.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

-----

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 26th, 2016, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MrMan wrote:Black women here have difficulty finding husbands. Successful black women have difficulty finding a man with a degree. Poor black women in the inner city with 8 kids from different men have difficulty finding a husband. So let's open a website to send black women over to China to marry the poor farmers.

Then they could pick the sassy funny type wives and film a reality show about it.
Bad idea!

1. Chinese guys are generally not interested in black girls. I saw lots of Chinese dudes in the African countries I've been but I've never seen them trying to date local girls.

2. The female Kenyan English teachers I knew in second and third tier Chinese cities got a lot of attention and even kind treatment. But no, according to what they told me, they were never approached romantically.

3. Every black girl I've ever met in China has told me that she's not at all attracted to mainland Chinese guys. If they do date, they typically date African guys or in some cases, other foreigners.

4. I think most of them have the same instinct that Winston has. Unless they don't look very black (maybe the ones who look Ethiopian or Latina), he just not at all attracted to them.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This article is baloney. In China, in both big cities and small cities, I saw a hot girl walk by every few seconds! On most streets, including the most mundane. How can that be? You can't avoid seeing hot girls everywhere! How do stupid articles like that? Anyone can go to China and take photos of the streets and prove this. Even in small cities like zhuhai and dongguan.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
romparoo
Freshman Poster

Post by romparoo »

The flash point is already there, just waiting for a tiny spark to start the dominos falling, and China as a system and entity won't be the one falling down. Through cleaver social engineering, the 'fenqing' and 'diaosi' have been kept occupied with hardcore labour and the occasional short term high from nationalist sentiment. Big jobs, promotions, rewarding contracts and state opportunities in general heavily concentrate within one old boys club which is the PLA alumni. That's making sure every sexually depressed male will be trained well and have his chance to fight when the time comes. Wait till you see that pent up sexual frustration that was hidden for decades unleashing in the course of a few years. If the good old America does not stir the hornet's nest, then by the end of the century all should be reverting to normal. Either way, mainland Chinese men were once again being the cannon fodder just like they were in the past.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:This article is baloney. In China, in both big cities and small cities, I saw a hot girl walk by every few seconds! On most streets, including the most mundane. How can that be? You can't avoid seeing hot girls everywhere! How do stupid articles like that? Anyone can go to China and take photos of the streets and prove this. Even in small cities like zhuhai and dongguan.
+1
Damn right
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Winston,

Disagree there is gender imbalance in China with more men roughly 40 millions I think but most of these excess Chinese men are the social loser in China but at the same time there are some middle class effect too. I think Winston you just focus on the girls walking around..I imagine you didn't see lots and lots of guys walking around too.

South Korea has this also to less degree compared to China. If you walk around Seoul you see lots of girls but you also see lots of guys walking around.In South Korea it's about 10 percent more men between the age of (20-late 30)..which is the marriage age. What happens in South Korea is that some Korean men do go overseas to look for a wife and they go to a poor country like Vietnam or the Philippines. At the same time because of the gender imbalance it made Korean girls stuck up.

In China for the Chinese men who is social loser he has no where to go. It can cause a social problem in China.