Why all the hype about Filipinas?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Why all the hype about Filipinas?

Post by GoingAwol »

I have signed up on several dating sites geared towards meeting Filipinas and I've been disappointed. The overwhelming majority of these women are not that attractive and a lot of them put out a trashy vibe not unlike the average western woman. And the ones that are attractive are just as stuck up as the western women on dating sites. So what am I missing? Where are these classy,sweet, feminine,and attractive women I keep hearing about?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 21st, 2020, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: Why all the hype about Filipinas?

Post by starchild5 »

GoingAwol wrote:I have signed up on several dating sites geared towards meeting Filipinas and I've been disappointed. The overwhelming majority of these women are not that attractive and a lot of them put out a trashy vibe not unlike the average western woman. And the ones that are attractive are just as stuck up as the western women on dating sites. So what am I missing? Where are these classy,sweet, feminine,and attractive women I keep hearing about?

You have to come to Philippines and meet them personally. The profile online does not even portray 1/10 of what they are....

Have you ever seen the hype on Philippines on CNN, FOX? They are mostly on Europe and Israeal...two sh**ty places...

You hear hype on Philippines from guys non mainstream, those who did not appear on CNN, those who don't get paid to say for corporate agenda, You hear from people who have no agendas like main stream America does.

You have only screened Online and never been to Philippines right? ....You should come here and explore...

Philippines is the number 1 country in Asia ..if you don't buy into the BS called main stream...If you have a soul...Philippines is the place to be..
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Oh,
Don't get me wrong! I plan to travel to the Phillipines even if it's nothing more than having a nice beach vacation. I've seen lots of pictures of the place and its beautiful. Its just I expected to see women that were higher quality when I signed onto the websites given the fact that a large number of men sing their praises.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

GoingAwol wrote:Oh,
Don't get me wrong! I plan to travel to the Phillipines even if it's nothing more than having a nice beach vacation. I've seen lots of pictures of the place and its beautiful. Its just I expected to see women that were higher quality when I signed onto the websites given the fact that a large number of men sing their praises.
It depends on the website(s) you use, the women you contact and what you consider attractive. Not all men find Filipinas attractive. I do but clearly many guys do not - you might just fall into that category.

It also depends on what you are looking for when you do the dating site thing: a wife, a girl to meet when you visit PI, just to kill an hour surfing the site, etc. If you are genuinely looking for a relationship with a Pinay there are a few guys here on HA who can guide you.
Last edited by davewe on June 3rd, 2015, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

davewe wrote:
GoingAwol wrote:Oh,
It depends on the website(s) you use, the women you contact and what you consider attractive. Not all men find Filipinas attractive. I do but clearly many guys do not - you might just fall into that category.

It also depends on what you are looking for what you do the dating site thing: a wife, a girl to meet when you visit PI, just to kill an hour surfing the site, etc. If you are genuinely looking for a relationship with a Pinay there are a few guys here on HA who can guide you.
Dave is right! I guess the first question for you is what is your objective when looking online for Filipinas? I think it's fair to say that both Dave and I were looking for wives. Trust me, this helps when you are dealing with the higher echelon Filipinas. What's in it for them? The potential for marriage is the ultimate HOOK and it will open doors that the guys that are "window shopping" will never discover and let's face facts, 9/10 guys on this forum are not serious about finding a wife.

If your goal is to find a short term girl friend or a chat partner, unfortunately the list of willing Filipinas will shrink quickly.

There is a definite methodology about finding Filipinas online but you have to be patient. It ain't gonna happen overnight! But I'll tell you it's worth it if you are successful. I've been happily married for going on 9 years and it's still common for guys to come up to me and say, "Jesus Christ, where did you find her?" I'm sure Dave gets the same question because his wife is equally amazing.

Shoot me a PM if you want help formulating a game plan. Love to help :)
Last edited by pete98146 on June 3rd, 2015, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I'm not an expert yet, but the appeal i see is that, in that hemisphere, each chick's attitude at least corresponds with her 'league'. Unlike this side of the pond.
This is and advantage already on its won.
Last edited by droid on June 3rd, 2015, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Davewe,
I'll be 100% honest. I'm not very big on Asian women as far as physical attraction goes. At best I find most of them cute. The only ones I would consider sexy are some Japanese women. However, I wouldn't mind having a good little Asian wife provided she was sweet and has a good personality.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

GoingAwol wrote:Davewe,
I'll be 100% honest. I'm not very big on Asian women as far as physical attraction goes. At best I find most of them cute. The only ones I would consider sexy are some Japanese women. However, I wouldn't mind having a good little Asian wife provided she was sweet and has a good personality.
Do note that tastes can change! If somebody told the 25 year old version of me that 20 years later I'd be married to an Asian lady I would have laughed and called them crazy.

It's funny what a few trips overseas will do to your palate.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

pete98146 wrote:
Do note that tastes can change! If somebody told the 25 year old version of me that 20 years later I'd be married to an Asian lady I would have laughed and called them crazy.

There's hardly a single major move I have made in the past 30 years that would have made any sense to my 20s self: taste in women, career, home life, etc.

And I totally agree that traveling abroad had more to do with those changes than anything else.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

davewe wrote:
pete98146 wrote:

There's hardly a single major move I have made in the past 30 years that would have made any sense to my 20s self: taste in women, career, home life, etc.

And I totally agree that traveling abroad had more to do with those changes than anything else.
Although I have voiced similar sentiments to friends and family, still it's good to see that I am not alone in changing tastes and needs.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Because they speak English.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 21st, 2020, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erasmus
Freshman Poster

Post by Erasmus »

The women who bother with online romance are usually at the bottom end of the spectrum. Rarely will a beautiful woman search for a man online. It isnt because she is better than that. It is because it isnt necessary. Women looking for men online in any capacity should already send off warning signs in your mind.

If you have a product that people are willing to pay for, why would you have to search for buyers? Does Ferarri advertise? No.

You can most certainly find a wife interested in moving to the states, but she might not be as hot or interesting as the one you could have met on your own without the internet.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Erasmus wrote:The women who bother with online romance are usually at the bottom end of the spectrum. Rarely will a beautiful woman search for a man online. It isnt because she is better than that. It is because it isnt necessary. Women looking for men online in any capacity should already send off warning signs in your mind.

If you have a product that people are willing to pay for, why would you have to search for buyers? Does Ferarri advertise? No.

You can most certainly find a wife interested in moving to the states, but she might not be as hot or interesting as the one you could have met on your own without the internet.
Completely disagree! Let's use my wife as an example. She graduated from university and moved to Cebu to live with her sister. She was lucky enough to find a decent paying job selling furniture and hardware for a German manufacturing firm in Cebu. Her salary was $300 per month. This provided her with lovely 250 square foot apartment without appliances and a shared toilet. She could have found a bf quickly, got married etc and she could have lived your average Filipino lifestyle. But she wanted better! She wanted to move to the US, find a nice husband, earn money so she could send dollars back to the family.

Now my wife by all accounts is a very attractive lady. Fast forward 9 years and she's making very good money as a dental assistant. She is able to send money back home and for the most part, everybody is happy. Much happier than she would have been back home (according to her).

I know quite a few guys here in Seattle that have found ladies with similar qualities as my wife. They may not be as common as the other lower caliber women, but good, pretty girls DO EXIST online and IMHO, it would be foolish to throw this strategy out the window. In fact, I think it's much more difficult to just show up in the Phils and meet quality women unless you have the ability to stay in the country for months on end which is not feasible for most guys.

The key is to come up with a strategy on how to find them online. BTW, my wife's two sisters also met and married guys online.