Don't get involved with women who don't exercise

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Don't get involved with women who don't exercise

Post by S_Parc »

Sorry, but I think I've determined that land whales are not some protected species. There is this notion that ppl don't need to exercise, esp the ordinary woman.

Here's the link to the thread on Pierce Brosnan's bloated wife.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26999

If you meet a woman, who doesn't adhere to some fitness routine (however it's constructed), do not get involved with this person. In time, she'll gain a slew of weight and turn into a land whale. Now, I'm not advocating the neurosis of a particular Jillian Michaels, who I believe is overdoing it, but instead, I'm talking about having good fitness habits.

And yes, Jillian looks more like a Julian, a neurotic man who'd co-opted some XX chromosomes. Unfortunately, his (I mean her) face gives it away :wink:

So last night, we had a big social gathering. A bunch of us, the ones who'd one too many, crashed at our ~50 year old friend's place. For the most part, he's an alcoholic who drinks way too much. My GF and I had decided to take the Friday off and basically, went wild on the booze on Thursday and crashed at his place overnight. Hey look, if you plan ahead, you can goof off, from time to time. It's sometimes ok to be a teenager into one's mid-30s :)

Sure, both of us were groggy this morning. Our alcoholic friend there, used his passcard and sneaked us into his company's gym during lunch time. Both Mel and I did some 15-20 mins on the exercise bikes, did some qigong sets, and lifted some light weights. Our friend, undeterred by any hangover, did 45 mins on a rowing machine. Seriously, this guy has got a hallow leg. Mel had to double up on the qigong sets to clear her head space.

Anyways, the point of the matter is that exercise is a part of our lifestyle. If our friend topped his daily binge drinking, chances are, he'd have a six-pack right now. So he'd rather be a drunkard and continue to exercise and take supplements to boost his detoxification ability. Mel and I simply do the bad stuff in moderation but workout every day.

These land whales, however, do zippo and expect to be lifelong victims. Eventually, they'll tear away at their slimmer male companions, as they can't stand to see anyone take of oneself and be a healthy individual. My advice, don't date a woman who doesn't exercise. And this includes FWs, as I'd recently met up with a depressed man, married to a Caribbean Water Buffalo :roll: I believe she was from Trinidad. When they were dating, only he jogged. She did very little in terms of physical exercise. Five years later, he paid the price.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Re: Don't get involved with women who don't exercise

Post by GoingAwol »

I think there's a lot of misconceptions about exercise.... One of the biggest misconceptions about exercise is how people think it has to be extreme,unpleasant, painful etc. It doesn't.... I think people get turned off by the idea of working out or exercising because they don't want to experience those things. The truth is people can lose weight and/or stay in shape by simply walking everyday and cutting down on some of the unhealthy food they are eating. My good friend lost 60 pounds in a year by: walking everyday, cutting down on soda, and drinking more water. All it takes is a little self discipline.... No gym memberships or pain required.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

There are a few considerations ... between Dec and April, many parts of the country are cold, along with snow, rain, sleet, and wind. And thus, while it's great to be able to walk or esp, hike in the woods regularly, it's not always feasible.

Now, is it wise to wait for a perfect weather day for some outdoor activity?

Isn't it easier to buy oneself, let's say a cheap indoor exercise bike plus a medicine ball? That combination alone can get a cardiovascular and core workout out in, either every day (or every other day), w/o turning exercise into some unpleasant grind. Add in some pushups and squats, and you've also added in some regular strength training. The fact that ppl talk about pain is that they associate working out with those crazy programs like PSX90, where all of Tony Horton's friends are working out 90+ mins per day x 6 days per week. If one's not a semi-professional athlete, that's some serious overkill.

Given our busy work schedules, doing 20-30 mins per day is plenty. And it doesn't have to hurt, unless one is specifically trying to bulk up by doing heavy weights and then, needing a lot of time for recovery. For all intense purposes, if one's not a bodybuilder, that sort of thing can be put aside.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I agree with S_Parc here. I would add, being older, that the older one is, the less pleasant exercising is, but it is always necessary for one's entire life. Also, one doesn't need fancy equipment but one does need to reach a threshold heart-rate or it isn't worth much. My entire gym consists of some floor mats and I jump rope, do push-ups, jumping jacks, squat thrusts, and side to side jumps. That's it, 3 times a week. Anyone living a modern lifestyle must exercise or they will become a deformed lump of fat.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Here's the profile of one who doesn't exercise a/o eats too many pastries at all hours:

You've been warned.

All of this could have been avoided, had Pierce dated a woman, who had a regular workout routine.

Here are a few things to watch out for ... let's say an affinity for yo-yo diets.

If your potential is a yo-yo-er, meaning that she starves herself, drops 20 lbs, but then, goes on an eating binge to regain the weight, dump her. For one, yo-yo diets lead to long term health complications and also indicates that she has no self-control.

If you ask her about exercise and she says ... *a brisk walk is enough*, ditch her. That brisk walks works during a woman's early 20s. Afterwards, she needs something substantial. Usually, for the typical land whale, a brisk walk is getting out of bed and into the car, to head for work. Trust me, this was one of my sister's one liners. Don't believe the brisk walk.

These principles also applies for FWs. If you can't find a woman who's into fitness, give up on dating and see only hoes.

Understand this, if you're a man who's into good health and fitness, having a blob of a wife, will pull you down. She'll always be miffed at your keeping up in tennis, basketball, or soccer with other fit men. And thus, it'll be an anchor where she'll attempt to justify herself while keeping you in line. Do you want to let's say crank out 70+ pushups and then, be berated over some stupid stuff, because your wife doesn't want to even perform a single pushup?

Fat women suck!

AB discussion thread

Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Women exercising? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

It's so rare for a woman to follow a consistent lifting routine that the few who do basically become 10's by default (whereas for guys it just gets you to zero). Hot muscle cunt Liliana Fernandez:

GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

S_Parc,
I disagree. Taking a long walk (at a brisk pace) everyday is good enough to stay in shape if one also couples it with self control in regards to their diet. Like I said... My good friend lost a significant amount of weight by walking a few miles a day and cutting down on soda (and other sugary and fatty foods) and drinking more water. As for the weather issue... You can always dress appropriately for the weather and still walk. Failing that.... Many gyms have indoor tracks where you can walk/jog.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

GoingAwol wrote:S_Parc,
I disagree. Taking a long walk (at a brisk pace) everyday is good enough to stay in shape if one also couples it with self control in regards to their diet. Like I said... My good friend lost a significant amount of weight by walking a few miles a day and cutting down on soda (and other sugary and fatty foods) and drinking more water. As for the weather issue... You can always dress appropriately for the weather and still walk. Failing that.... Many gyms have indoor tracks where you can walk/jog.
The so-called brisk walk, via AWs, is generally a lie. My sister used to talk about it but today, she's a land whale. In addition, as stated above, between Dec and April, many parts of the country are cold, along with snow, rain, sleet, and wind. And thus, while it's great to be able to walk or esp, hike in the woods regularly, it's not always feasible. This last winter, we had ~7 feet of snow in New England. I wouldn't risk falling into a snow bank, just to get in one's daily exercise. And running on the streets, in itself, is basically dodging poor drivers from getting hit.

If your friend had walked a few miles per day, that's a lot of time. I believe that most ppl can't put in 1.5 hours into a daily hike.

In place of the alleged brisk walk, I'd rather see squats, pushups, and the exercise bike. And sure, cutting out the sodas and bad foods always helps.

AB discussion thread

GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Well,
I think it all depends on one's preferences. Some people enjoy killing themselves in the gym. I tried to do my friends workout routine in the gym and it nearly made me pass out. But he loves it! Me? Im more of a mental person. I have a hard time getting motivated to exercise but I have no problem reading or listenting to something that expands my mind. The only type of exercise I can enjoy is light cardio like walking or playing/shooting basketball. Also, I have timed myself walking before. It takes me roughly 18 minutes to walk (if I'm walking at a quick pace close to jogging) 2 miles. It shouldn't take anywhere close to 1.5 hours to walk 2 miles. If someone is that slow they are barely moving.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Also,
You have to consider that these landwhales that say they are walking regularly are most likely lying. If they really walked on a regular basis they wouldn't be fat. Because let me just tell you from experience, walking will wear you out if you are a lazy person. I went through a long period of depression where all I did was sit around and watch TV and surf the net and I got really out of shape. When I started walking again my calves would start burning and my legs would get heavy whenever I would walk long distances but now I'm in much better shape after walking everyday for several months. Walking everyday does wonders.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

GoingAwol wrote:Some people enjoy killing themselves in the gym. I tried to do my friends workout routine in the gym and it nearly made me pass out.
Sorry, but I consider the above to be the PSX90 myth, there's no need to kill oneself at a gym. This is the difference between my approach and that of a psycho Jillian Michaels.

Any person can wake up in the morning and do a few squats. And then, perhaps, a few pushups. And finally, what's so difficult about 15-20 mins on an exercise bike?

You see, that's where the habits of regular exercise are formed. This notion of being crazy in the gym is not what it's about. It's really about establishing some daily habits and then, having that be a part of one's routine.

Today, Mel and I don't think about exercise, we simply do it. And while it's always nice to be able to hike in the forest, that's not always possible but still, we don't skip that daily routine.

AB discussion thread

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 21st, 2020, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

S_Parc wrote:Here's the profile of one who doesn't exercise a/o eats too many pastries at all hours:

You've been warned.

All of this could have been avoided, had Pierce dated a woman, who had a regular workout routine.

Here are a few things to watch out for ... let's say an affinity for yo-yo diets.

If your potential is a yo-yo-er, meaning that she starves herself, drops 20 lbs, but then, goes on an eating binge to regain the weight, dump her. For one, yo-yo diets lead to long term health complications and also indicates that she has no self-control.

If you ask her about exercise and she says ... *a brisk walk is enough*, ditch her. That brisk walks works during a woman's early 20s. Afterwards, she needs something substantial. Usually, for the typical land whale, a brisk walk is getting out of bed and into the car, to head for work. Trust me, this was one of my sister's one liners. Don't believe the brisk walk.

These principles also applies for FWs. If you can't find a woman who's into fitness, give up on dating and see only hoes.

Understand this, if you're a man who's into good health and fitness, having a blob of a wife, will pull you down. She'll always be miffed at your keeping up in tennis, basketball, or soccer with other fit men. And thus, it'll be an anchor where she'll attempt to justify herself while keeping you in line. Do you want to let's say crank out 70+ pushups and then, be berated over some stupid stuff, because your wife doesn't want to even perform a single pushup?

Fat women suck!
You know, fat men suck as well. My sister since I was a kid and my parents got divorced has always been slightly heavier, but not gigantic. Just average, to the skewed American scale, then after high school gained more weight. Her current boyfriend, while I like that he's rich and not into drugs/etc, and not a "bad boy" like her last few boyfriends were, is fat. And he's only gotten fatter since he met her. Went from around 230ish to 280. My sister went from 180 to over 200, probably 210-220 now.

But, the biggest problem is, my sister has numerous times tried to diet, and tried to exercise, and it seemed he'd actually deliberately try to sabotage her efforts. She'd be on a 1600 calorie a day diet with myfitnesspal and her boyfriend would insist upon ordering Dominos every night, with him paying. She'd wanna go to the gym, he'd refuse. So my sister eventually quit trying at all, hasn't tried at dieting at all in the past six months or so, hasn't tried any exercise, and makes no attempt at even trying to eat healthy anymore, even with her cooking she'll deep fry stuff/etc.

So yeah, it's a crab mentality type deal. A fat partner will try to drag you down with them and generally won't respect your lifestyle choices, male or female. I'm just sad about my sister as she did make some attempt to change and drop weight and be healthier, but it's her boyfriend being a bad influence on her in this way. And I think he's doing it mainly because he's afraid she'll leave if she dropped the 50lbs (and maybe she would?) and also that if she actually dropped the weight, he'd have pressure put on himself to improve his body as well.

It's just a shame, though, to see my sister dragged down like that by him.

(Also, this perspective comes from someone who's dropped over 50lbs and mostly kept it off for 4 years now.)
Stag
Freshman Poster

Post by Stag »

Went into the Drs surgery the other day. There was a landwhale receptionist in her twenties (ugly, and of low intelligence). Behind her was a poster extolling the virtues of exercise and diet!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

My wife is getting close to 40, and she's thin and doesn't do much in the way of exercise, a few leg-lifts and crunches. But she doesn't eat a lot. I think it's genetics. Those are some genes I'd like. I'd like to not have to exercise and stay thin.