10 years in Thailand and still single

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Post by Yohan »

Seeker wrote: 1 -
An excess of females may not show up in those kinds of statistics if ladyboys are counted as males. In parts of Thailand a significant minority of boys become transsexual for some reason, one headteacher in Issan estimated the figure as 10-20%, even if that's an overestimate even a figure of 5-10% of males becoming transsexual will reduce the competition for women. I may be wrong about the number though.
-----
2 -
Why you? Do they have reason to think that you are particularly wealthy? I think this kind of thing happens more commonly to white and East Asian men, especially older wealthy ones. My white friends in South East Asia have mentioned locals trying to take financial advantage of them in various countries, not just women but police as well.
-----
3 -
I have never met the kind of women you describe. it's like you're describing some kind of alternate reality, and no doubt you feel the same about my own descriptions.
1 -
I have never seen any figure about how many Katoey are living in Thailand.
Interesting argument, but I think, there are more gay men than katoey, they also increase the chance for straight men to find a woman - on the other side however there are also plenty of lesbian women, who reduce the chance for straight men to find a woman.
I do not think that transgender, gays and lesbians are changing the gender balance in Thailand significantly. The straight man and straight woman are clearly the majority everywhere, not only in Thailand, but worldwide.

2 -
Unfortunately I am not particularly wealthy and I am a married man, but it seems this did not stop Thai women to ask me openly for money wherever I met them in the past. Women of other countries I know well, like Japan, Malaysia or Philippines are not doing that in general.

It's about the Thai society and not only about women, as you said correctly, it is also about police etc. The Thai society has the attitude that the farang should pay for all and everything.

3 -
Well, everybody is different, and I cannot confirm what you are telling me about Thailand's honest and modest females.
I agree with Drronnie and his observations. However I recommended him to solve his problems otherwise, for example by looking for an Asian woman who is not from Thailand.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Yohan wrote:
Seeker wrote: 1 -
An excess of females may not show up in those kinds of statistics if ladyboys are counted as males. In parts of Thailand a significant minority of boys become transsexual for some reason, one headteacher in Issan estimated the figure as 10-20%, even if that's an overestimate even a figure of 5-10% of males becoming transsexual will reduce the competition for women. I may be wrong about the number though.
-----
2 -
Why you? Do they have reason to think that you are particularly wealthy? I think this kind of thing happens more commonly to white and East Asian men, especially older wealthy ones. My white friends in South East Asia have mentioned locals trying to take financial advantage of them in various countries, not just women but police as well.
-----
3 -
I have never met the kind of women you describe. it's like you're describing some kind of alternate reality, and no doubt you feel the same about my own descriptions.
1 -
I have never seen any figure about how many Katoey are living in Thailand.
Interesting argument, but I think, there are more gay men than katoey, they also increase the chance for straight men to find a woman - on the other side however there are also plenty of lesbian women, who reduce the chance for straight men to find a woman.
I do not think that transgender, gays and lesbians are changing the gender balance in Thailand significantly. The straight man and straight woman are clearly the majority everywhere, not only in Thailand, but worldwide.

2 -
Unfortunately I am not particularly wealthy and I am a married man, but it seems this did not stop Thai women to ask me openly for money wherever I met them in the past. Women of other countries I know well, like Japan, Malaysia or Philippines are not doing that in general.

It's about the Thai society and not only about women, as you said correctly, it is also about police etc. The Thai society has the attitude that the farang should pay for all and everything.

3 -
Well, everybody is different, and I cannot confirm what you are telling me about Thailand's honest and modest females.
I agree with Drronnie and his observations. However I recommended him to solve his problems otherwise, for example by looking for an Asian woman who is not from Thailand.
It is not really the trouble that I cannot find a Thai girl but their rampant materialism makes me think twice about getting into a relationship. When I do go on dates they are so uninteresting, selfish and childish that it becomes boring. They always want me to pay for everything. Now I understand if your are average to ugly then all these girls see is an ATM machine.

I think that when ASEAN opens in November there will be lots more Filipinas, Indonesians and Malyasians who will be working in Thailand and I do in fact get alone well will Filipina girls but I have yet to find some datable.

Oh here is an interest post I found for all those who want to knoe about Thai women now.

http://www.livingthai.org/are-thai-girl ... ent-251070
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

95% of guys that go to thailand end up paying either directly or indirectly or both.

Thai women are too smart these days, they love money more than casual sex. Filipinas are much easier and more naive
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Banano wrote:95% of guys that go to thailand end up paying either directly or indirectly or both.

Thai women are too smart these days, they love money more than casual sex. Filipinas are much easier and more naive
One can enjoy life in Thailand too. The weather is good, there are many activities to do, prices are cheap and the food is amazing. When I need sex there is enough p4p and many hot girls. I think I just need to sink it in that actually there is no real need to have a relationship at all.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

drronnie wrote:Well being a low earner I guess I am under the radar of the gold digging leeches as well :)
Well money does not automatically mean that you will get laid. I know an Australian who is almost broker and his Thai girlfriend is supporting him. But I think many who fail in Thailand because they have such bad social skills that they fail even to initiate conversation with girls.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

You fail, Ronnie, because you do not try and are too influenced by negative stories on the internet by losers you consider kindred spirits. I believe you would do well if you took a long break from all internet and forum activity and stopped playing video games, instead putting the focus towards getting in shape and forcing yourself to socialize more.

All you seem to be doing is going over the reasons why you fail, while I think deep down inside you know exactly why it is you're having no luck; a man who doesn't buy a ticket rarely wins the lottery. ;)
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Bashing women on different forums does not help either. So one can either do self improvement or stay in the basement and complain in self pity
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Go to Colombia or Cambodia and find yourself a wife.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
MustVisitAsia123
Freshman Poster

Post by MustVisitAsia123 »

I don't think it's good to make excuses. If you're in a country for 10 YEARS and you haven't found a single GF or a wife then there's clearly something wrong.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

MustVisitAsia123 wrote:I don't think it's good to make excuses. If you're in a country for 10 YEARS and you haven't found a single GF or a wife then there's clearly something wrong.
seconded on that. I have yet to meet a woman in Thailand who was really as cruel to me as those in Germany but I think my inferior complex prevents me from initiating meaningful approaches to women. I do have dates but by the seconbd date I do not really know how to carry on from there.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I often recommended Drronnie, who is holding Thai nationality, to look around in neighboring countries like Myanmar, Cambodia and also Philippines.

Women in Cambodia are quite different from Thai women, same also with women from Myanmar and from Philippines.

I don't really understand why he is not doing this. Airplane tickets are cheap in Thailand, why not to check out other women who are not from Thailand or from Europe. He can bring a foreign women into Thailand, maybe best solution for him.

There are also some nice looking, but rather dark-skinned women from India/Bangladesh and not all of them are Muslim. I wonder which type of woman is acceptable to him by her looks/race/color of skin/height etc.

Thai women often cannot be trusted. Some are good, but many are rotten, often by foreign do-gooders feeding them with money.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

drronnie wrote:
MustVisitAsia123 wrote:I don't think it's good to make excuses. If you're in a country for 10 YEARS and you haven't found a single GF or a wife then there's clearly something wrong.
seconded on that. I have yet to meet a woman in Thailand who was really as cruel to me as those in Germany but I think my inferior complex prevents me from initiating meaningful approaches to women. I do have dates but by the seconbd date I do not really know how to carry on from there.
Because you don't know how to escalate with women. Despite what the feminists say, you must lead the woman. Probably once you kiss the girl, things will begin to flow naturally. So the first goal really is to go in for the kiss. That's when the fuel begins to ignite, if it wasnt already.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Ghost wrote:Why stay in a country that makes you celibate for 10 years? Thailand is near several other HA destinations. Like cheap bus ride near. What am I missing? This should be even easier than an American going to Mexico.
My home is here. And moving somewhere else would not be helpful either because I am nearing forty and I do not know how to interact with women. This is the only place where Jabba the Hut gets even if it's only for the money. However I do see people who are average looking and have literally less money and they still have significant others. So I think I am not winning because my mind is too negative
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

drronnie wrote: My home is here. And moving somewhere else would not be helpful either because I am nearing forty and I do not know how to interact with women. This is the only place where Jabba the Hut gets even if it's only for the money. However I do see people who are average looking and have literally less money and they still have significant others. So I think I am not winning because my mind is too negative
You can see that also from the other side of life, you do not lose anything, despite your mind is too negative.

I still think, the best solution for you is to look for a Asian foreign wife, not Thai, and bring her to your home, Thailand.
Economically seen, Thailand is for sure much better off than many other Asian countries for sure.

About Thai women, I am very sceptical, many of them are rotten girls highly materialistic orientated, many are single mothers unable to teach their daughters anything about moral values.