Went to the wrong countries

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
QuestionMark
Freshman Poster

Went to the wrong countries

Post by QuestionMark »

You ever felt like you went the wrong way in life?

For over the past decade now, I spent my time travelling to the wrong countries. I went to mostly other places in the anglosphere. So I've experience life outside the states. But especially in terms of really experiencing other cultures and non-anglo/western women, I haven't experienced it yet. I feel like a dodo now who's wasted his time going to the wrong places. And now it's harder for me to travel since I have debt. Before, no debt.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: Went to the wrong countries

Post by starchild5 »

All countries are created the wrong way by design. All free-masonic political BS boundaries - you are not at fault - All countries have fault by design and it was created to screw free minded humans. Its not your fault - stop blaming yourself for your problems
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

QuestionMark wrote: For over the past decade now, I spent my time travelling to the wrong countries.
What about telling us more? Which countries did you visit, and how long did you stay there?

Why do you think, you were travelling to the 'wrong' countries? What did you expect from those countries?
QuestionMark
Freshman Poster

Post by QuestionMark »

Yohan wrote:
QuestionMark wrote: For over the past decade now, I spent my time travelling to the wrong countries.
What about telling us more? Which countries did you visit, and how long did you stay there?

Why do you think, you were travelling to the 'wrong' countries? What did you expect from those countries?
I went to mostly Canada and New Zealand. I spent over a year in each. I spent some time in S.America and Australia but briefly in each. Before I was unaware of feminism and the toxic culture in the west. I didn't think that the best places to go would be Europe and non-western countries, especially for better social interactions and interactions with women. I did notice in most of the places I went, the social scene and the women were much the same as in america, but I didn't think that was a western thing, I thought it was the same everywhere. Now that I know that's not the case, I wish I would've known 15 years ago what I know now. Then I could've spent more time in Europe instead of the places I went where there was pretty much no change in my social interactions and interactions with women.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Why not try somewhere like Eastern Europe? It seems like you might be able to do things on a budget there a bit easier & not run into the same bullshit as before.
QuestionMark
Freshman Poster

Post by QuestionMark »

Wolfeye wrote:Why not try somewhere like Eastern Europe? It seems like you might be able to do things on a budget there a bit easier & not run into the same bullshit as before.
Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna do all of Europe, but in Eastern Europe, I think Turkey, Bulgaria, and Greece might be best for me.

Starchild5- Words of wisdom.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Careful with those countries- at the moment they seem to have a lot of shit going on & might not be too hospitable at the moment. Turkey may or may not have ISIS-related shit going on from what I hear. As far as Greece goes, I remember a story from a while back where they were more or less rounding up anyone that wasn't Greek (or white- can't remember)- there was even a Korean that got hassled. Don't let me talk you out of what you want, just figure a heads-up might be in order.

I'm looking to take off & live abroad. Eastern Europe & Russia are on my list (of places to visit & maybe to live), but I'm worried my American origin might give me problems. I get how broad tendencies generate broad presumptions, but a lot of those tendencies are what's getting me to want to move in the first place. It's weird how I seem to be too Slavic for my own good here, yet I might get into a heap of shit in SLAVIC countries because I'm from a place that lies constantly AND that this is one of the major reasons I don't mix well here. Might apply to you, might not.
QuestionMark
Freshman Poster

Post by QuestionMark »

Wolfeye- Good heads up. Useful info although I'm not planning on going for at least another 2 years, but I can watch it for it.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I just wonder if I should have spent less time in Asia and more time in Western Europe... which is also just on my doorstep lol.

I've had a great 4 months in Barcelona. The weather has been great - just 4 rainy days! The food has been good although it can get boring after a while. Alcohol, cigarettes and drugs are stupidly cheap if you're into those, and also widely tolerated. Prices are good and there is work here if you go the extra mile to seek it out. Also it's very safe here, and in 4 months I can't actually remember seeing a single argument, even after two guys crashed their cars into each other.

As for dating here, there are opportunities, although I'd say it's probably better to head to the south of Spain (Andalusia) if chicas are your thing. I have also talked to a number of Chinese women here, but my CELTA consumed so much time I never got round to arranging any dates.

Anyway, up next is Berlin. If anyone else is thinking of Western Europe then the Czech Republic is pretty cheap. That's as far East into Europe that I would go.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

xiongmao: Drugs like weed? How much in general? Do they have stores or something like the Nethlands? I remember hearing about booze & cigarettes in Italy being cheap & people not being on your nuts about everything.

Got to get my citizenship together & get rolling. I hate how every f***ing thing is a like a minefield (whether in unofficial social terms or just that there's always a wrong way to do something that'll get you locked-up, even if you wouldn't think it would be any issue at all). Even if I wasn't so reluctant to get serious thigns started here, I wouldn't really know where to begin. Everything is made like a cliff with a smooth face at the bottom- you might be able to climb pretty well, but you can't get a grip on anything.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:
As for dating here, there are opportunities, although I'd say it's probably better to head to the south of Spain (Andalusia) if chicas are your thing.
Why is that?
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

I'm curious, too- although, I do already presume that the women there are interesting.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 19th, 2020, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Drugs aren't my thing, but Spain appears to be awash with them. It's due in part to South American cartels using the Iberian peninsula as the main gateway to Europe. I heard that neighbouring Portugal has pretty much given up their war on drugs.

I smell a lot of weed around the place. There are also weed cafes that you can go in, but I believe you need to join as a member. There are also loads of weed shops where you can buy everything you need to grow pot plants.

If alcohol or tobacco are your thing, they're very cheap here. I think cigarettes are about 40% of the price they are at home. Alcohol is extremely cheap here (much cheaper than Thailand) and wine is actually cheaper than Coca Cola.

As to dating, I think the women from the South are hotter, they are darker skinned which is usually a good think if you're a white dude. Catalan women just seem to have their head in the clouds. But being a big international city there are women from all over the place here.

The only think I'm sure about is that the hottest women here are the Colombians. Although a guy in my school says Brazil is absolutely the best place to go for chicas.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Sounds awesome! I hear that they're getting more U.S. troops there, though. They seem to have some deal gong with the Marines & I've noticed that wherever American intensifies it's military, the country goes to shit. Actually, I was reading an article about how, at least after World War II, everything America touches turns to shit in a pretty severe way. I don't know what it is, but I don't want to go to another country to get away from America's diktats only to have the same trend travel to the place I'm trying to live in.

Speaking of which: What's been going on with that "gag law" that was in the news a few months ago? Did that get stopped or what? I remember a thing about a holographic protest, but didn't hear anything else.