Canadian experience BC edition

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
k101
Freshman Poster

Canadian experience BC edition

Post by k101 »

Well, I have read just about everything on this site and its all bang on. My story is of a small town in BC, which is also exactly the same for meeting women. I am an east indian male, who has never gotten past 2nd base, but the kicker is that I am called the "hot guy" and that I will be a catch for any girl...yeah right... Oh yeah, and I have the exact story of bullying and bs that Winston had, so much so that I almost cried, as it was so similiar.. Anyway, I will add that I have travelled quite a bit to Europe, Mexico and realize I can't stand the bs in Canada!

The people are so self-centered and very anti-social... unlike my experiences in Europe, where people were approachable and spoke to you without having business intentions... or personal benefit. I have had to post to tell the truth about the bs that is here and that the Canada 'friendliness' is a load of crap and somehow came about....

I am in the process of figuring out what I want to do in my future for a profession or business... but this lack of social contact is horrible... and de-motivating...

Thats my story so far....
k101

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Weclome K101. Though opinions on Canada differ, I agree with your observation there. The people may be more polite, but they are distant, ghost like, almost transparent. They might smile at you but will not usually invite you into their circles or out to do something. Like Seattle, their motto is "Have a nice day. Somewhere else."

That's the truth. But you aren't supposed to call it for what it is. Instead, you are expected to be like the Travel Channel and Lonely Planet and say that everywhere people are so friendly and that every culture is wonderful and that you had a great time there, etc. etc. Blah blah blah.

That's what you are programmed to say. And most people either follow that, or else they stay polite and quiet. Very few have the guts to tell it like it is. People are so easy to program. It's ridiculous.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Hello K101. Your story is similiar to a great deal of men in North America, which has the most unfriendly, anti-social and paranoid women in the world! You've heard of the "Seattle freeze," well there is also the "Canadian freeze." For some reason the women in North America don't want to get to know a guy unless they are introduced to him by someone they know.

I hope you enjoy our forum, thanks for joining! :D
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Portland-Seattle-Bellingham-Vancouver BC are the same Metroplex. Before jet travel they were literally cut off from the rest of North America and developed their own way of doing things.

People in Seattle sometimes talk with the Canadian 'OOOO' inserted as in about-->>aboot. This also happens in North Dakota but they deny it vehemently. People in that part of NA are cold, distant and very friendly -- at first. Then after the first 2 months you realise that you cannot meet anyone. Years without new friends or a gf. Dating in Seattle is a nightmare. 350 pound women with 2 kids telling a young guy: "So, are you married?". It's a Gynocracy. "Welcome to Seattle! Now please go away." You will be quietly but politely shunned.

Look at the Puget Sound on a map. Turn it upside down. What do you see? A penis (Vancouver Island) inserting itself into a vagina. This is why Seattle is p***y man central.

Business ethics in Seattle are the worst in the USA save Los Angeles. You all have heard how MSFT does things -- that is NORMAL for all Seattle businesses. People are assholes and think it is normal. This is why they have such a well-practiced 'nice' veneer -- back when everyone carried a chainsaw if you mouthed off you died. Nice on the outside, ruthless assholes within.
dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

Hi k101,

Welcome to the party! Canada, is not a good place to be a single guy thats for sure, I feel your pain. You might consider going back to India to open up a business, I've heard the economy is booming right now. Also, moving there should help your social life as well, it's just a suggestion. I'm from Alberta myself.

Good Luck !
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

In small rural towns along the coast, there's nothing to do for young people so they just hook up and have sex. Places like Powell River, BC, no Tim Hortons, high teen pregnancy rate. Probably a good place to go if you want to hook up with young single mothers working as cashiers or something.

I loved Vancouver. Awesome place. But I already have friends there and have family in Richmond (60% Asian), so my experience is different from someone else's. Plus um... I handle all the Acklands Grainger accounts at work. @_@

http://www.summernightmarket.com/ (now open!)
k101
Freshman Poster

Post by k101 »

Wow, I never thought I would get all the main posters on this thread! I am a native Canadian, but have actually thought about visiting India just to see if it would be the right fit. At the age of 24, I have not done much in the social field, as I haven't dated or really felt part of the "group." As well, if this means anythng, but I did get an 8/10 on the hot or not site...
As well, I have done the same as Winston and got involved with interests and all that but it led nowhere...
Today, I really realized I need to make plans to get out of this country or at least take a break after dealing with another psycho girl, who mislead me with her stupid tests.... and getting in arguments over trivial crap.
Thinking of doing some volunteering in Peru and experiencing the life there for about 6 weeks.
dano wrote:Hi k101,

Welcome to the party! Canada, is not a good place to be a single guy thats for sure, I feel your pain. You might consider going back to India to open up a business, I've heard the economy is booming right now. Also, moving there should help your social life as well, it's just a suggestion. I'm from Alberta myself.

Good Luck !
k101
Freshman Poster

Post by k101 »

Hey thanks for posting! This is exactly what it is like in the interior as well, but only if your white, as racism is present but not spoken of. Your post on Powell River actually made me have to post.... Girls are actually quite fat when you get into these rural towns and the 'hot' ones are non-existent...
Its a great city, but one of the hardest places to date on the planet... very superficial and worse than LA....Wow that's quite the account!

Hmm, never had heard of the summer night market before... will have to check it out!
momopi wrote:In small rural towns along the coast, there's nothing to do for young people so they just hook up and have sex. Places like Powell River, BC, no Tim Hortons, high teen pregnancy rate. Probably a good place to go if you want to hook up with young single mothers working as cashiers or something.

I loved Vancouver. Awesome place. But I already have friends there and have family in Richmond (60% Asian), so my experience is different from someone else's. Plus um... I handle all the Acklands Grainger accounts at work. @_@

http://www.summernightmarket.com/ (now open!)