The kind of guy American women like

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

The kind of guy American women like

Post by GoingAwol »

I just had a memory flashback to a Facebook exchange I had back in 2011. I bring this up because I believe it perfectly illustrates how messed up American society is, particularly the dating scene.
Anyways..... So I was browsing Facebook back in 2011 and saw a Facebook post that a girl had made. She said something like "Guys, your Facebook messages are so lame and boring. Spice things up!" So being the open and honest guy I am I commented and asked "What would you like a guy to say? Just curious". I thought she would give me a response and I might get some insight on what women expect and we could have a mature discussion. Boy... Was I naive.... She ignored my comment and didn't answer my question... But that wasn't the worst part. Some bad boy idiot commented and said " Dude.... If you have to ask that pretty much disqualifies you lmao" and guess what? The girl liked his smartass comment and told him he was hilarious. This exchange left me infuriated and sad. I had asked an honest question to try to gain understanding and all I got was a smartass remark in return. That's pretty much what you get in America... If you are open and honest and admit you don't know something and ask questions people see you as weak and will get a condescending attitude with you. People are so fake its ridiculous. Everything is about power and one uping others. It's like that guy that made the smartass comment in this instance.... He probably didn't have a f***ing clue what a girl would expect but he made a smartass comment and acted like he did know and he got the girls seal of approval. Girls favor assholes like that over a genuine guy like me that was just trying to understand what she meant. Being an honest and nice guy is a death sentence for men in America. If you fall into this category American women will despise you. They want a fake and phony guy that acts tough and like he knows all the answers even if he doesnt know Jack shit. They don't want a guy that is human and admits he has insecurities,faults,and doesn't know everything. Oh no.... They much prefer the bad boy idiot with the condescending and smartass attitude

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

romparoo
Freshman Poster

Re: The kind of guy American women like

Post by romparoo »

Interesting story but wrong conclusion at the end. That 'asshole' is probably 'cooler' than you are, or more 'good looking' than you are. If it's another chump's writing that comment, it won't be hilarious, and instead it will be ignored.
Jsport
Freshman Poster

Post by Jsport »

I've experienced something very similar, several times. American and Americanized foreign women apart from ranking as unofficially the worst women in the world are I believe also the main cause of depression of men in The US.

These women have the ability to weaken a man and strengthen the guy they favor. Sometimes words don't describe what these women are. When I look or interact with these woman I feel disgusted by how snobby, shallow and ignorant these women are. Whenever I interact with foreign women who are not Americanized, conversation is natural and joyful. The best thing is to ignore them and look forward to intereacting with real women.

Both the average men and women in America are messed up, its the ones who look to other cultures and who open their minds about whats outside of ths US who tend to be down to earth, humble and authentic.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

What I thought of reading that is, in America, people are "nice" but they are not "kind."

This video very much sums it up. People in America are taught to be "nice" but being "nice" has no bearing on someone's character. So instead of teaching an actual character trait, people are taught to "be nice" when it matters. But then in, say, a Facebook post, it doesn't matter compared to a job interview. So because they're never taught to be kind, they're dicks to everyone unless they need to be "nice" to get something for themselves.

I dunno, my Israeli coach, she says in America she had problems with sarcasm here, in that she still does not understand it, even didn't get some of mine sometimes. So there must be something more cultural as well, it seems in most other countries/societies, if you are a sarcastic asshole, this is quite frowned upon.
IndiesPyrate
Freshman Poster

Post by IndiesPyrate »

Jsport wrote:I've experienced something very similar, several times. American and Americanized foreign women apart from ranking as unofficially the worst women in the world are I believe also the main cause of depression of men in The US.

These women have the ability to weaken a man and strengthen the guy they favor. Sometimes words don't describe what these women are. When I look or interact with these woman I feel disgusted by how snobby, shallow and ignorant these women are. Whenever I interact with foreign women who are not Americanized, conversation is natural and joyful. The best thing is to ignore them and look forward to intereacting with real women.

Both the average men and women in America are messed up, its the ones who look to other cultures and who open their minds about whats outside of ths US who tend to be down to earth, humble and authentic.
Agreed lad, I cannot tell ye how much of what you said in the first two paragraphs is true, and what I saw in the f***ing grocery store yesterday.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

romparoo wrote:Interesting story but wrong conclusion at the end. That 'asshole' is probably 'cooler' than you are, or more 'good looking' than you are. If it's another chump's writing that comment, it won't be hilarious, and instead it will be ignored.
Ignore this BS.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

GoingAwol wrote:I just had a memory flashback to a Facebook exchange I had back in 2011. I bring this up because I believe it perfectly illustrates how messed up American society is, particularly the dating scene.
Anyways..... So I was browsing Facebook back in 2011 and saw a Facebook post that a girl had made. She said something like "Guys, your Facebook messages are so lame and boring. Spice things up!" So being the open and honest guy I am I commented and asked "What would you like a guy to say? Just curious". I thought she would give me a response and I might get some insight on what women expect and we could have a mature discussion. Boy... Was I naive.... She ignored my comment and didn't answer my question... But that wasn't the worst part. Some bad boy idiot commented and said " Dude.... If you have to ask that pretty much disqualifies you lmao" and guess what? The girl liked his smartass comment and told him he was hilarious. This exchange left me infuriated and sad. I had asked an honest question to try to gain understanding and all I got was a smartass remark in return. That's pretty much what you get in America... If you are open and honest and admit you don't know something and ask questions people see you as weak and will get a condescending attitude with you. People are so fake its ridiculous. Everything is about power and one uping others. It's like that guy that made the smartass comment in this instance.... He probably didn't have a f***ing clue what a girl would expect but he made a smartass comment and acted like he did know and he got the girls seal of approval. Girls favor assholes like that over a genuine guy like me that was just trying to understand what she meant. Being an honest and nice guy is a death sentence for men in America. If you fall into this category American women will despise you. They want a fake and phony guy that acts tough and like he knows all the answers even if he doesnt know Jack shit. They don't want a guy that is human and admits he has insecurities,faults,and doesn't know everything. Oh no.... They much prefer the bad boy idiot with the condescending and smartass attitude
I agree with all of this.

Your only mistake in the FB incident was... asking a chick for advice.

They are prizes to be won, not colleagues.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

GoingAwol wrote:I just had a memory flashback to a Facebook exchange I had back in 2011. I bring this up because I believe it perfectly illustrates how messed up American society is, particularly the dating scene.
Maybe she was just talking smack and she couldnt answer cause she just made up some stuff she thought would be funny. If this is only two random sentences on Facebook, I wouldnt start reading all that much into things. Certainly this isnt proof of what you've concluded here. Stop taking things so seriously. It's just the internet. You've got to blow off the small stuff. Otherwise every little word a person makes is going to send you into a frenzy of analyzing. You don't have enough information to make a valid conclusion.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.