Are English-speaking foreign women all Americanized?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Are English-speaking foreign women all Americanized?

Post by MattHanson1990 »

We all know how foreign women become corrupted by feminism and American culture when we bring get them to America. But here's a question about foreign women. And there are some who do speak English fluently, most notably in the Philippines. Are most (if not all) foreign women who speak English just like their American counterparts, even if they're still in their home country? I've met a few girls in Ciudad Juarez who speak English fluently, and it seems like one of them is Americanized. Yes she does curse a little but not as much as American women do. But she assumes that America is the world and therefore all of its problems are the same everywhere. She told me that food industries all over the world put artificial ingredients and chemicals just to save money. And we all know that is a crock of shit. In Mexico, the local food is organic and natural; only food in American chains like McDonald's would have the chemicals and processed ingredients, and I saw fewer fatties in Juarez than in El Paso.

So to speak, would all foreign women who speak English be corrupted by American culture, even if they still live in their home country?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are English-speaking foreign women all Americanized?

Post by Yohan »

MattHanson1990 wrote: So to speak, would all foreign women who speak English be corrupted by American culture, even if they still live in their home country?
There is nothing wrong with studying foreign languages, the problem is starting in case such women are fascinated by Western culture and are comparing it with their life-style in their own countries.

Some foreign women when moving to Western countries are creating communities, they are missing their own country - like Filipina or Japanese - and are considering honestly to move back later on again with the foreign husband.

Others however are getting crazy and highly materialistic and learn quickly how to misuse Western culture and social services to their own advantage, they are starting for example as 'international exchange students', getting into 'women studies', have plenty of Western boyfriends, are demanding money all the time as they are so poor etc. etc.

The best is to look for a foreign wife and do not introduce her to Western society. Better think about yourself and how you can transfer yourself to abroad.

If she cannot speak enough English, French or another Western language and you are not experienced for example with her native Asian language, you might find yourself deeply into communication problems - who can speak Khmer or Burmese without studying at least for a few years? Most Asian languages are quite complicated in its structure and require for Western people intensive exercise.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 19th, 2020, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

If a woman has lived in the US that is worse.

Speaking English is not the worst thing. Time in the US is the worst thing.

BTW Mexican food is not organic. They cook with Monsanto Franken-Corn oil and I suspect the corn meal for tortillas and tamales could be from Monsanto Franken-Corn. Plus the chicken is most likely fed with Franken-Corn, and the beef is DEFINITELY "finished" with a couple of weeks of franken-Corn.

So generally I suspect that there is no organic food in Mexico, except for veggies and lamb.

I think for organics you have to go where grass fed beef is raised for local market - Argentina and Uruguay. Or Europe, where there is no FrankenCorn.

PS if anyone has better info than my rough research, please post here and set me straight.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Jester wrote:If a woman has lived in the US that is worse.

Speaking English is not the worst thing. Time in the US is the worst thing.

BTW Mexican food is not organic. They cook with Monsanto Franken-Corn oil and I suspect the corn meal for tortillas and tamales could be from Monsanto Franken-Corn. Plus the chicken is most likely fed with Franken-Corn, and the beef is DEFINITELY "finished" with a couple of weeks of franken-Corn.

So generally I suspect that there is no organic food in Mexico, except for veggies and lamb.

I think for organics you have to go where grass fed beef is raised for local market - Argentina and Uruguay. Or Europe, where there is no FrankenCorn.

PS if anyone has better info than my rough research, please post here and set me straight.
Well, none of the food I ate in Ciudad Juarez tasted anything like American food. And the majority of my weight loss this year was from eating the local food and getting exercise walking around the city.

I did start losing weight near the end of 2014, but it was a rather sluggish start. It wasn't until my first HA adventure that I started losing weight more quickly than ever before.

Even fschmidt and Winston have pointed out the food in Juarez being healthier than American food. For instance when I took the plunge in February, Frank mentioned it to me when we had lunch at the Mercado Juarez with the 30 year old woman who owns Hostal 697.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Imperfect english used to annoy me slightly. Now I find it reassuring. When I chat to a girl whose english is very good, my red-flag-o-meter switches on automatically. I don't jump to conclusions but I stay alert.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

This whole notion of Americanization is folly.

How can a intelligent person even take one seriously with these arm chair analyst of complex issues? Especially without any data sets.

I suppose we can expect Anna Davis to be highly Americanized because not only does she speak English when she spoke none before meeting Mark but is now a full-fledged United States Citizen; if taking the OP's account seriously you can't get more Americanized than that and many here are just waiting for the other shoe to drop on Mark and him be a victim of divorce so idiots can start with the chorus of "I told you so, I told you so".

That's why this board is a miserable bunch, they will come up with any excuse ANY to validate their world view.

Sorry to disappoint but your going to have to do one of two things with yourself -

1) Learn her language. If you have no intention of returning to the US (assuming you don't give a F about your immediate family) you will have to live and function in her country and unless her country is one where English is the main language or in the case of The Netherlands, Scandinavia, Belize or Belgium is the official second language.

2) Pull your finger out. There is actually no such thing as being Americanized. There are some women that because of circumstances of their upbringing may feel they agree with some tenants of the Feminist 2.0 movement. But this is far from universal and this is mis-interrupted by most men as they constantly look for keywords as if they were Google.

If you married a Gold Digger I am pretty sure you ignored an obvious sign or two.

If you married a woman from a broken, poverty stricken household, that's your own f'in fault.

If you married a woman that believes Feminism is needed and you believe the opposite, guess who's fault that is?

I am beyond tired of reading post like these but new readers come along all the time from other blogs and Google searches so these things need to be addressed. If you really think a woman who doesn't speak English has more value I think somebody needs to revoke your passport.
colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

Not really , i had the luck to study in private schools my entire life and from elementary to college ,i had excellent excellent teachers , some of them expats actually :P they would put special emphasis in that we had a good pronunciation and today i could say my speaking is better than my grammar , i never saw eng as a way of aspire a americanised lifestyle but as a way of communicate with anyone around the world , i remember being 15 and been excited to chat with whatever person in the world thru english (do u guys remember when the hotmail chatrooms were the thing XD?) for me english has always been a way to access to more information its not a coincidence that english holds the largest number of editions on wikipedia , if i had the time i would retake french :P tho

haha

anywaaaaaay thats my humble opinion
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

djfourmoney wrote:This whole notion of Americanization is folly.

How can a intelligent person even take one seriously with these arm chair analyst of complex issues? Especially without any data sets.

I suppose we can expect Anna Davis to be highly Americanized because not only does she speak English when she spoke none before meeting Mark but is now a full-fledged United States Citizen; if taking the OP's account seriously you can't get more Americanized than that and many here are just waiting for the other shoe to drop on Mark and him be a victim of divorce so idiots can start with the chorus of "I told you so, I told you so".

That's why this board is a miserable bunch, they will come up with any excuse ANY to validate their world view.

Sorry to disappoint but your going to have to do one of two things with yourself -

1) Learn her language. If you have no intention of returning to the US (assuming you don't give a F about your immediate family) you will have to live and function in her country and unless her country is one where English is the main language or in the case of The Netherlands, Scandinavia, Belize or Belgium is the official second language.

2) Pull your finger out. There is actually no such thing as being Americanized. There are some women that because of circumstances of their upbringing may feel they agree with some tenants of the Feminist 2.0 movement. But this is far from universal and this is mis-interrupted by most men as they constantly look for keywords as if they were Google.

If you married a Gold Digger I am pretty sure you ignored an obvious sign or two.

If you married a woman from a broken, poverty stricken household, that's your own f'in fault.

If you married a woman that believes Feminism is needed and you believe the opposite, guess who's fault that is?

I am beyond tired of reading post like these but new readers come along all the time from other blogs and Google searches so these things need to be addressed. If you really think a woman who doesn't speak English has more value I think somebody needs to revoke your passport.
Are you kidding me? You must be insane or a complete troll because HAers aren't the only ones who mention this. Even my traditional Asian parents agree.

Btw, I'm happy being in Asia, and the difference between non-Westernized Asians and Westernized Asians is HUGGGGGGGGGEEEE! The difference was so striking, I was a bit disoriented the first time I was in Asia.

I'm Asian American, too, so I think I know what I'm talking about.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

djfourmoney wrote: Sorry to disappoint but your going to have to do one of two things with yourself -

1) Learn her language. If you have no intention of returning to the US (assuming you don't give a F about your immediate family) you will have to live and function in her country ...
To learn foreign languages can never be a mistake. I think all members of this forum will agree that the knowledge of foreign languages can be very useful for Western men when checking about relocation to abroad, considering dating overseas....
2)...There is actually no such thing as being Americanized....
Nonsense, for example Asian women learn quickly what they can all demand from men and from the feminist friendly society in Western countries by 'claiming their rights'.

I was living many years ago with a Malaysian Chinese who moved to UK. I know what I am talking about.
It was I, who dumped her because of her behavior and most of her Chinese-British girlfriends were nothing better than her - even worse.

There is a big difference between Westernized Asian girls and girls living in Asia who have never been in UK/EU.

Same is true of course with women living in Asia and comparing them with Asian-Americans in USA. Not the same for sure.

Yes, true, some Western men are blind and ignore some alarming signs, their fault, they do not listen. However this is not always like that, some girls know perfectly how to cheat men and when you notice it, it is already too late.
The problem is however, in Western countries the law is on the side of the woman, regardless her wrongdoings.
In Asia this is not always the case.

Not all girls from broken impoverished families are bad. Not all rich girls are good.
I do not really understand why a Western man should reject contact with poor people abroad.
The problem is starting, when you bring a foreign wife into USA or other Western countries.

About feminism, this forum - HappierAbroad - exists to explain to men how to avoid some certain mistakes in their life. Strange that you do not agree with this forum and its members.

I am not really sure, what you want to say. Please explain your comments a little more in detail. Do you mean members here should shut up and continue to try to date Western women instead of foreign women or what? What is your problem with this forum?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Whining at Feminism is constructive? When I tell men to stop whining about it doesn't mean I agree with it. The closest I have gotten to Feminism becoming an issue in a day to day scenario is when I smacked a White chick on the butt where I worked.

She threaten me but that was the end of it.

The simple fact is I have gone out of my way to meet and become friends with mixed nationality couples. I have never heard or seen any evidence of "Americanization" at least not the type floated around here.

The other thing I noticed is none of these men are "complainers". When many have them had NO SUPPORT whatsoever they kept along that path until they reached their goal.

How did rejecting most poor women turn into rejecting all contact with poor people? Not one time have I said that is necessary.

Yohan, I am not quite sure what you got out of my post. I am a strong advocate of marrying foreign women; hasn't that been proven over time by various post?