Queretaro Mexico Trip Report

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Queretaro Mexico Trip Report

Post by droid »

chibolo wrote:Droid I think you are overthinking this a bit. Just have fun! Look at the local guys, are they all amazing dancers? I don't know about Colombia (that is where you are right?) but in Peru most guys (and the women too) aren't, they just know enough to get by and have fun. Taking dance classes is great, but it is not required IMHO unless you are really terrible at learning basic dance moves. Anyway, that's just my opinion based on my own experiences in Peru. :)
These guys here have flawless moves. Sometimes some chumps show up to my class and it's obvious they don't need the damn lessons, it's just to get the better women of course, it really pisses me off. It's amazing how FAST you lose value when your moves are not coordinated or you don't lead properly.
Yeah from what i undestand mexico and peru are not known for outstanding dancing. I don't think basic steps will cover you in Cali or Manizales, especially when it comes to that freaking Bachata :wink:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I passed by Queretaro when I was taking the bus from Mexico City to Morelia, Michoacan. I would say that Queretaro feels most like Guanajuato state, as it's got that conservative Bajio culture feel, as well as the Spanish colonial architecture and beautiful Roman-style aqueducts.

White Mexicans are also common in that part of Mexico, so if you don't look like a stereotypical obnoxious red-faced gringo with shorts and sunburned skin, they'll think you're local.

I've had quite a different experience from you though, since I tend to hang out with the mestizo and indigenous folks, tend to be more outgoing (usually I carry a musical instrument around too), speak fluent instead of broken Spanish, and am a "chino" since I'm Taiwanese American like Winston. In any case it seems like we both enjoy central Mexico a lot. The local folks are very authentic, and are still in touch with me even to this day. :D

As for dancing, dancing norteno is very easy. It's basically polka music. Grab the girl's arm and move around like a penguin. Watch some YouTube videos ("baile norteno') and you'll see how easy it is. It's more about having fun with the girl, and isn't rocket science like salsa dancing.

Girls are easy to get to know, especially if you do some sort of a family homestay. If you get to know Mexicans in the US really well, often they'll invite you to their families' homes in their native villages. The experience will be incredible.

I believe most people from the Queretaro area work in California, Texas, Illinois, and perhaps also New York. Some people from your area in the States should also be from there.
nutjob
Freshman Poster

Post by nutjob »

what do you guys consider "too mestiza" looking? To me this girl has the perfect combination of native and spanish mixture, but she may look mayan to some of you.

drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

nutjob wrote:what do you guys consider "too mestiza" looking? To me this girl has the perfect combination of native and spanish mixture, but she may look mayan to some of you.
I think I'm the only person on this board who has this "too mestiza" mindset. She is darker skinned. The second photo makes her look lighter but you can clearly see a light source being directed directly at her (in her eyes), which lightens her skin tone up considerably.

Just because someone is "mestiza" doesn't mean they're ugly. It's a different type of pretty. You should go for what you want. As a downside Castizo girls also tend to be less busty. Many women in Argentina get breast enhancement for this reason. So there is a trade off. What you care about most? Do you want skin color, facial shape, hour glass body? I seem to be gravitate to women who have european facial features and light skin, even if they're not very bust or shapely.
thomasksaner
Freshman Poster

Post by thomasksaner »

Thanks for report, drealm.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Wow, nutjob. That girl is super hot! My dream girl if I were to marry a Latin women.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

drealm wrote:
March 29th, 2015, 2:35 pm
I wouldn't try the northern provinces because there's more Americans there (which means you have lower status) and those areas are dominated by the worst cartels.
Other than places like Tijuana, Puerto Peñasco, or Mazatlán, there are hardly any Americans in Northern Mexico. Just go to Coahuila or Chihuahua and you'll see what I mean. Even in the border town of Ciudad Juarez, you won't see Americans except folks from El Paso visiting family or going to the bars and nightclubs.

In fact, places with large American expat populations are mostly in central Mexico, like San Miguel de Allende, Ajijic, Chapala, etc. Heck, you even see more Americans in Guanajuato City than in Northern Mexico. There are also American expats living in Guadalajara and Mexico City, but you won't see them in large numbers unlike in the aforementioned places. American college students are drawn more towards Cancun or Cabo San Lucas.

There are reasons you don't see American expats in Northern Mexico. Not only the media telling stories of drug cartel killings keeps them from going. That part of Mexico is mostly desert, and temperatures can reach over 100 degrees Fahrenheit (about 40 degrees Celsius). The weather in Central Mexico, especially Bajío region, is more temperate (much like California); that's where most Americans head to (if you're referring to expats). But Guadalajara can get pretty humid, being only four hours from the coast. Another thing is those destinations in Central Mexico are popular with foreigners also because they are hotspots for learning Spanish.

That being said, you can't assume that just because you're American that you can get Mexican women easily. It doesn't work like that. You really have to localize. Not only you have to learn Spanish; you should adapt to the local customs as well. Also you should dress better like the locals do and have an interesting haircut/hairstyle. Being a foreigner will definitely not get you upper-class women in any country as they are already taken by local upper-class guys.
Last edited by MattHanson1990 on January 15th, 2019, 8:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

anyone have any experience with the mexican border towns? I hear there are brothels in all of them.

Post by MattHanson1990 »

GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 19th, 2018, 2:39 am
anyone have any experience with the mexican border towns? I hear there are brothels in all of them.
The only border town I've been to in Mexico is Ciudad Juarez, and yes there is legal p4p around downtown. But many of the normal girls are very Americanized, especially if they go to school in El Paso (UTEP, EPCC) or Las Cruces (NMSU). Plus it's not uncommon for Juarense girls to learn English at home since the TV stations in El Paso (e.g. CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, CW, etc.) also serve Juarez.
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
May 19th, 2018, 9:24 am
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
The only border town I've been to in Mexico is Ciudad Juarez, and yes there is legal p4p around downtown. But many of the normal girls are very Americanized, especially if they go to school in El Paso (UTEP, EPCC) or Las Cruces (NMSU). Plus it's not uncommon for Juarense girls to learn English at home since the TV stations in El Paso (e.g. CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, CW, etc.) also serve Juarez.
Very interesting. El Paso was a really cool city. So they have brothels in Juarez? Is it safe? Are there decent hotels around the same area?

I don't care if the girls are Americanized or not, as long as they got a hot body and know how to f**k. Spanish girls will always be less brainwashed by feminism than white women, anyway.

Post by MattHanson1990 »

GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 19th, 2018, 12:51 pm
MattHanson1990 wrote:
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
Very interesting. El Paso was a really cool city. So they have brothels in Juarez? Is it safe? Are there decent hotels around the same area?

I don't care if the girls are Americanized or not, as long as they got a hot body and know how to f**k. Spanish girls will always be less brainwashed by feminism than white women, anyway.
They have brothels in Juarez, and the city is much safer now compared to 2008-2011.
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
May 19th, 2018, 6:57 pm
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 19th, 2018, 12:51 pm
MattHanson1990 wrote:
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:

They have brothels in Juarez, and the city is much safer now compared to 2008-2011.
i took at look at hotels in Juarez on google, there's a bunch of really nice looking hotels there. So if the city used to be a hellhole it seems to have improved a lot.

Post by MattHanson1990 »

i took at look at hotels in Juarez on google, there's a bunch of really nice looking hotels there. So if the city used to be a hellhole it seems to have improved a lot.
Juarez still has a long ways to go before it can recover completely, though there's significantly less drug violence; but it's shown signs of improvement.
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 12:55 pm

Juarez still has a long ways to go before it can recover completely, though there's significantly less drug violence; but it's shown signs of improvement.
My question is, are these cities really such shitholes? Because you wouldn't expect to find such nice looking hotels in such a shithole city.

Post by MattHanson1990 »

GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 7:29 am
MattHanson1990 wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 12:55 pm

My question is, are these cities really such shitholes? Because you wouldn't expect to find such nice looking hotels in such a shithole city.
Juarez has nice hotels, mostly in the area east of downtown which looks like suburbia in the U.S. The shitty areas of Juarez are west of downtown (the part you see from I-10 near UTEP in El Paso), and the southwest part of the city.