Eastern Ukraine- a visit

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Eastern Ukraine- a visit

Post by ladislav »

I made friends with a girl from the East online and she said- why don't you come and visit me? Anyway, I try and visit Ukraine once a year now, so I decided to fly from the Philippines to Odessa. Manila- Dubai-Istanbul-Odessa. Then on to the Far East of the country. Anyway, I am now in the city of Lugansk about 50 km from the Russian border.This is Ukraine's former industrial powerhouse, now Rustbelt. I have never been here so I had no idea what it was like. Anyway, from Odessa- a bustling seaport city I was transported to basically what seems to be a dying country. The plants are barely working. The whole area looks like Detroit or other American rustbelt towns.The city itself looks pretty dingy. The people look skinny and malnourished- not bad for girls as there are no fatsos here.
One source of income is foreign students. The town is full of Indians, Africans and Arabs. No one is paying any attention to them anymore and the place has become multicultural like the US but without too much racism. The Indians, Africans and Arabs marry local girls and mixed kids result.
The nature around is pretty cool, though- mostly green steppes with woods here and there, a river and beautiful hills with poor but picturesque villages.
This part of the country needs one million Chinese to revive it, I am telling you. Otherwise it is going to hell in a handbasket.
The 22 year old blond girl whom I met ( with no amorous intentions, we are just friends basically) told me that the shortage of men is severe. She told me- we need men, guys, males. Please bring them here! The local guys are spoiled rotten and treat women like sh-t.
She said girls are ready to give birth to kids of Africans, Indians and Arabs.
There have been some intercultural race-riot like conditions here when allegedly some Arab-run shawarma shops here had their food examined by the Health Department and it was found out that the shawarma sandwiches sold by Arabs contained sperm. Is that what they think of us? was the cry here. Fortunately no riots happened but they were pretty close.
The women are Swedish looking- tall blond but modest and polite. I went out with two and we hung out at a forest resort for awhile and then we had sushi and some drinks. There was no arrogance about them, no entitlement complex, they were just sweet and normal-like. Girls like these would have lots of guys in the US. Here they don't.
Anyway, I am off to Crimea tonight- the Slavic Monte Carlo. A train across the country the size of Texas can be as cheap as $15. The train system is pretty good.

Lugansk looks like this:

http://www.infoukes.com/ukremb/slidesho ... uhansk.jpg

http://www.ukrainebizinfo.com/images/lu ... iews-1.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Luha ... lkovyj.jpg
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Isn't Lugansk where a lot of the scams online come from?

So the reserved nature of Ukrainians doesn't apply there since it's poor?

Do the girls there look hot and healthy with nice clothes?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Isn't Lugansk where a lot of the scams online come from?
Yes it is. But no one here knows about it. I guess it was some gang that was doing it. The society seems normal outside of the poverty factor, that is.
So the reserved nature of Ukrainians doesn't apply there since it's poor?
They are still reserved, but one needs to work one's way in. It would not be hard to pick them up if one were persistent or knew people here.

Do the girls there look hot and healthy with nice clothes?
Yes, they do. But modest at the same time. I saw some girls with outrageously sexy miniskirts and guys with fishnet shirts. Not gay or anything. They dress up like that to attract girls.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I am in Simferopol, Crimea now. I am 50 and I just spent a whole day with a 19 year old blond girl taking me around local fortresses and the city in general. Crimea is like Monaco or Sicily ,only in Cyrillic. Gorgeous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdOw99dL ... re=related

Here is what it looks like:

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-me ... 21A852.jpg

Why isn't a place like this on a tourist map?

http://www.asia.com/content/flights/cit ... eropol.jpg

Here is a slide show of the place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwY5hQ77 ... re=related

Was in this town today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFp5ytJo ... re=related
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Simferopol is shown on Google Maps as being a landlocked city 80km NE of Sevastapol.

Where is that castle on the large body of water with the ship in the background?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

globetrotter wrote:Simferopol is shown on Google Maps as being a landlocked city 80km NE of Sevastapol.

Where is that castle on the large body of water with the ship in the background?
It is called Swallow's Nest. Some miles West of Yalta. Simferopol's is Crimea's capital and you take buses to the sea and other towns on the coast from here. The countryside looks very Mediterranean.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I was in Simferopol before. The people sure seemed very reserved there.

Ladislav, here is a hot blonde who lives in Lugansk that you can try to meet!

http://dating.happierabroad.com/gal/details/100057650

http://dating.happierabroad.com/gal/pho ... 00057650_2

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Too litlle, too late. I am off in a day or so heading back to Odessa and then the Philippines if all goes well. But I may be in touch with her. Do I have to fill out some IMBRA form to meet her?

People in Crimea are conservative. Plus there is very little English here.

Just got back from the magic city port of Sevastopol. The Russians are leasing a harbor there to keep their subs and destroyers in warm waters. Because Ukraine is a devil may care country with little order and discipline, today they took me to see all those Russian ships and a sub in a small pleasure boat and let me photograph them.

So, I was in this bay with Russian flags on all these men-of-war and I was just shooting ship after ship with my cam. Along with my 19 year old blond companion Ksenia in her little mini skirt. It was bloody surreal. I felt like James Bond or something.

I could not do it in Russia- I would be arrested for spying. But this ain't Russia and their ships are not really welcome so they probably don't give a darn.

This all seemed like a dream.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:Too litlle, too late. I am off in a day or so heading back to Odessa and then the Philippines if all goes well. But I may be in touch with her. Do I have to fill out some IMBRA form to meet her?
People in Crimea are conservative. Plus there is very little English here.
Yeah if you list that you're from the USA, you would have to fill out an IMBRA form. But you can just say that you live somewhere else and you won't have to. But the site is not free. You'd have to pay a membership fee. I don't have a membership either. You can send her a free e-postcard or ice breaker if you create a profile though.

When I was there, I stayed in Hotel Ukraine. There are hoes there.

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Yeah if you list that you're from the USA, you would have to fill out an IMBRA form. But you can just say that you live somewhere else and you won't have to. But the site is not free. You'd have to pay a membership fee. I don't have a membership either. You can send her a free e-postcard or ice breaker if you create a profile though.
I think the site will ask you if you are a US citizen, not if you are " from the USA". You can live in bloody Antarctica, but if you are a US citizen, it is a whole different story. And then you use what? A US credit card? Ouch!!!!

Anyway, how come she is dressed like a go go dancer from a strip club?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:
I think the site will ask you if you are a US citizen, not if you are " from the USA". You can live in bloody Antarctica, but if you are a US citizen, it is a whole different story. And then you use what? A US credit card? Ouch!!!!

Anyway, how come she is dressed like a go go dancer from a strip club?
I already created a test profile on there. It doesn't ask your citizenship, just where you're from. That's all.

The girls seem very "creative" in their pictures I guess. lol

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

That was a long way to fly just for friendship, Ladislav. I cant even say I would do that for a love interest. Not you personally. Just for me, I would be expecting her to flake on me and not show up. The trip wouldnt be an entire waste of course, but that would be shocking, and it is usually par for the course. Isnt it?

Anyhow, is the divorce rate of Ukraine the Men's fault or the women's or mutually?

Times like these I miss the input from Grunt and Jtest.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

J.Adama wrote:That was a long way to fly just for friendship, Ladislav. I cant even say I would do that for a love interest. Not you personally. Just for me, I would be expecting her to flake on me and not show up. The trip wouldnt be an entire waste of course, but that would be shocking, and it is usually par for the course. Isnt it?

Anyhow, is the divorce rate of Ukraine the Men's fault or the women's or mutually?

Yeah, I am not a practical person, but I like it and am happy to spend time with friends. Also, I had always wanted to visit Eastern Ukraine and now it happened. Running around with blond Ukrainian girls was also a rerun of the best times of my life- in the 1970ies which abruptly ended with my emigration. This was a redemption of sorts. Not practical but very meaningful to me. The girls all showed up and took me around. I may choose to continue a relationship with them and they liked me too. Also, one of the reasons was to renew my visa to the Philippines and start a new cycle. I never like to stay longer than 6 months because they start requiering all kinds of clearances for you to leave, so I did kill two birds with one stone.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

ladislav wrote:
J.Adama wrote:That was a long way to fly just for friendship, Ladislav. I cant even say I would do that for a love interest. Not you personally. Just for me, I would be expecting her to flake on me and not show up. The trip wouldnt be an entire waste of course, but that would be shocking, and it is usually par for the course. Isnt it?

Yeah, I am not a practical person, but I like it and am happy to spend time with friends. Also, I had always wanted to visit Eastern Ukraine and now it happened. Running around with blond Ukrainian girls was also a rerun of the best times of my life- in the 1970ies which abruptly ended with my emigration. This was a redemption of sorts. Not practical but very meaningful to me. The girls all showed up and took me around. I may choose to continue a relationship with them and they liked me too. Also, one of the reasons was to renew my visa to the Philippines and start a new cycle. I never like to stay longer than 6 months because they start requiering all kinds of clearances for you to leave, so I did kill two birds with one stone.
So you are officially retired from teaching English in the M-E?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

So you are officially retired from teaching English in the M-E?
I am gonna bide my time for a month or two and see if I can make money online. In the meantime I'm keeping my eyes open and emailing a few resumes here and there. As far as the gals in Ukraine divorcing, I think it is mostly because the guys are so irresponsible. But again, divorces are common in the Russian speaking part, not so in the Catholic West. There, families are strong. But getting the western gals is hard. Too conservative.

Was in Crimea for a couple of days and was amazed at how rich and developed the place is becoming. It is quickly approaching a 1st world status- starting to look similar to Cyprus. Gorgeous!