Negative changes you've seen evolve in developed countries

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

Winston wrote:Btw guys (especially FuzzX and Dano), consider this. BellaRuth has been so kind as to not judge us wrongly like some other hateful females would. Instead, she has been fair, open and nonjudgmental toward us. Shouldn't we do the same and be fair and not misjudge her in return too? That makes sense. Think about it. If someone is fair and does not misjudge you, then why would you misjudge them? Shouldn't you show the same attitude back, according to the Golden Rule?
I apologize, my comments were out of line.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston,

I have a lot of experience with men-only fora and what happens when Women show up.

Eventually the boys all breakdown into 2 categories - those getting the female approval and those who are not.

Men only spaces are now ILLEGAL in the USA and Canada. Preserving them is essential, for when women are allowed in the discourse changes and then men cannot be themselves.

You will see -- watch as the forum becomes pussified and seeking female approval. All of the biting insights will be lost because they ruffle the dearies feathers.

Allowing women in so that you appear fair is a bad, bad idea.

I have said my piece and shall not mention this again.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

globetrotter wrote:Winston,

I have a lot of experience with men-only fora and what happens when Women show up.

Eventually the boys all breakdown into 2 categories - those getting the female approval and those who are not.

Men only spaces are now ILLEGAL in the USA and Canada. Preserving them is essential, for when women are allowed in the discourse changes and then men cannot be themselves.

You will see -- watch as the forum becomes pussified and seeking female approval. All of the biting insights will be lost because they ruffle the dearies feathers.

Allowing women in so that you appear fair is a bad, bad idea.

I have said my piece and shall not mention this again.
Maybe. Possible. Hard to say. But so far, the discussions have gone on as usual. This is only one girl, not a group. Sure, guys will be more polite when talking to a female poster. But they can still be the same with other male posters.

Even if you were right though, I still gotta follow my conscience and be fair.

Besides, everything happens for a reason and she could be here to teach us something, or learn something from us.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Being 'Fair' is how Women appealed to Men's better natures and had Men install Feminist Laws that have destroyed the USA.

The Women are not, nor have they ever been, in any nation, 'Fair'. Women do not know the concept.

I know you want to make money with this forum, so I will speak to you in those terms. If you let women post you will scare off your target market and lose money.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

globetrotter wrote:Being 'Fair' is how Women appealed to Men's better natures and had Men install Feminist Laws that have destroyed the USA.

The Women are not, nor have they ever been, in any nation, 'Fair'. Women do not know the concept.

I know you want to make money with this forum, so I will speak to you in those terms. If you let women post you will scare off your target market and lose money.
Well I ain't the women's right movement, and neither she nor I has any affiliation with feminism.

Even if women aren't fair, well I am at least. And this girl has been fair to us by not being judgmental or condemning toward us.

Women are half the population of the world, wouldn't they increase traffic?

You are referring to some bad women of the bunch. Not all are like that. And you can't judge her based on what some angry feminists have done in the past. Right?

Just like you can't judge me for how narrow and rigid other Chinese you've met are.

She has not shown any feminist views or attitudes at all.

Let's go by the evidence here, not our fears.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston wrote:
globetrotter wrote:Being 'Fair' is how Women appealed to Men's better natures and had Men install Feminist Laws that have destroyed the USA.

Well I ain't the women's right movement, and neither she nor I has any affiliation with feminism.

Even if women aren't fair, well I am at least. And this girl has been fair to us by not being judgmental or condemning toward us.

Women are half the population of the world, wouldn't they increase traffic?

You are referring to some bad women of the bunch. Not all are like that. And you can't judge her based on what some angry feminists have done in the past. Right?

Just like you can't judge me for how narrow and rigid other Chinese you've met are.

She has not shown any feminist views or attitudes at all.

Let's go by the evidence here, not our fears.
'Women are half the population of the world, wouldn't they increase traffic?'

Not if you eliminate the other half of your traffic, the men.
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Post by BellaRuth »

globetrotter wrote:I have a lot of experience with men-only fora and what happens when Women show up.

Hi Globetrotter.

I'm curious about why you think I'll disturb the forum so much. I'm not intending to come on here and force people to agree with me and throw a strop when they don't.

I did offer to leave because I don't want to cause drama but it seems that some are interested in me staying, so all I can do is assure you I don't have any ulterior motives to break this board up. I'm only here because I am interested in other cultures, and hopefully after a little time you won't even notice me here.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

globetrotter wrote:Men only spaces are now ILLEGAL in the USA and Canada. Preserving them is essential, for when women are allowed in the discourse changes and then men cannot be themselves.
?_? Isn't that what fraternities are? (the girls have their own sororities).
Last edited by momopi on June 3rd, 2010, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nate
Freshman Poster

Post by Nate »

BellaRuth wrote:
globetrotter wrote:I have a lot of experience with men-only fora and what happens when Women show up.

Hi Globetrotter.

I'm curious about why you think I'll disturb the forum so much. I'm not intending to come on here and force people to agree with me and throw a strop when they don't.

I did offer to leave because I don't want to cause drama but it seems that some are interested in me staying, so all I can do is assure you I don't have any ulterior motives to break this board up. I'm only here because I am interested in other cultures, and hopefully after a little time you won't even notice me here.
Globetrotter, you might be right there, that it might often be a destructive combination, but it also depends on the men as well as the woman (Women) in question. Some women expect and assume that they are entitled to deferential treatment. Civility is a far cry from deference. To this point Bella Ruth does not seem to be expecting anything like that, and I would never offer it.

But there is a larger question, and I don't think it is at all about misplaced chivalry. It may be the implied sexual access that is not personal and specific, but just the knee-jerk reaction from the majority of US and many other Western men towards any female.
Brain-trained since birth, they are servile panty sniffers...obsequious ankle lickers, and pretty much pathetic. There are lot of these men around and they are clearly as much a problem as many of the women.

So a question for BellaRuth is this- Why do you suppose it is that so many American and other western men have a strong preference for Asian (non-Western) women? It is not debatable that it is the fact, Spousal and Fiance visa numbers prove it to be so, but why is it so from your point of view?

I remember with some amusement the American and European couples I would see in Thailand. They might be sitting in the hotel cafe eating breakfast...those tan girls are all around...the man is so desperately trying to appear not to notice...he is getting a nervous tic over one eye...hahaha...and the only word for what I see in the woman is shear TERROR! It is dawning on her that she is in a different world. She feels she is not an empowered Goddess here...she is just another female of many, and the competition is looking formidable.
That panic sets in and she is thinking that the return flight cannot come soon enough...if they stay a long time, the odds are quite high she will lose him...she cannot compete, and she knows it. I have seen this play out countless times.

A typical Western female explanation points to only negative causations. The man is a loser or two-timing sleazebag...the brown skinned girl is a desperate gold digging floozy...it's about anything and everything but HER shortcomings and those of her Western sisters.
The self justification and Goddess defense will continue right up and past the time the man leaves her. It is extremely rare that I have heard women make observations about this that were actually insightful, but is does happen on occasion.

I do remember one visit by my ex-American GF when she visited me in SE Asia. She is a medical doctor now, and her prognosis?
"Wow! My two brothers should come here!" Now ThAT is a woman with insight.
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Post by BellaRuth »

Nate wrote:So a question for BellaRuth is this- Why do you suppose it is that so many American and other western men have a strong preference for Asian (non-Western) women? It is not debatable that it is the fact, Spousal and Fiance visa numbers prove it to be so, but why is it so from your point of view?
Pffft. Hard question.

I'm going to just go on what I know, and I can't stick to Asia, but I guess that's ok?

I know a man who, in his fifties, married a 22 year old girl from Colombia, another British man who married a Filipina probably 7 years or so younger and a South African man who came to the UK and married a girl from Estonia. They all have fantastic marriages. I'll go through each one, I guess.

The man in his fifties met the Colombian girl over the internet as she was working for a dating agency (one of those that matches Colombianas with American/European men). She has been here for over ten years now, they are married with two kids. The age gap is a struggle, I won't lie, but they are genuinely in love and happy. I have never asked him why he chose her, but I know he had a very messy divorce with a British woman before, who I've heard was a complete b**ch. The girl he married is a nice, normal, traditional kind of girl. She isn't perfect, she is a bit of a drama queen, but she is very beautiful, kind, sweet and a wonderful mother. I know her well, she's my boyfriend's sister.

The man who married the Filipina was my best friend's father. Her mother was the same... I have a LOT of time for her mother. Absolutely adorable, very religious (in a good way... I guess 'faithful'?), always cheerful and sincerely kind-hearted. They are still really happy together. I used to love going over to their house when I was little.

As for the Estonian girl, I don't know her as well, but she was very natural and gentle and really planted the seed in my heart of visiting Estonia. I did actually ask the man who married the Estonian girl why he chose someone from there rather than a British girl. I will choose his reply to sum up my opinion, I suppose. He said that there are lots of lovely British girls, but they all have boyfriends straight away, and all the others are rude and fat. He said if he goes to Estonia there are loads of single girls who are wonderful, and you don't need to be lucky to find one. Basically it's less of a battle.

I do know a lot of great British girls who are of the same standard as the foreign ones I've mentioned, but it's true they are all in long-term relationships, and they will probably get married before too long. I presume in some other countries there is a higher ratio of 'good girls'. That would be my guess. If I was a man, I'd rather go to one of these other countries and have my pick too, than dodge all the bad eggs and wait, maybe in vain, for a decent girl to become available.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Nate wrote: I remember with some amusement the American and European couples I would see in Thailand. They might be sitting in the hotel cafe eating breakfast...those tan girls are all around...the man is so desperately trying to appear not to notice...he is getting a nervous tic over one eye...hahaha...and the only word for what I see in the woman is shear TERROR! It is dawning on her that she is in a different world. She feels she is not an empowered Goddess here...she is just another female of many, and the competition is looking formidable.
That panic sets in and she is thinking that the return flight cannot come soon enough...if they stay a long time, the odds are quite high she will lose him...she cannot compete, and she knows it. I have seen this play out countless times.
It's almost a running joke that if a married western couple comes to Thailand only one person ends up going back to the home country at the end of the contract. :lol:

Damned if this isn't true. I have seen a lot of divorcee 30-40'ish something expats who spend their time as men of leisure and single simply because it's such a good setup for them here. Of course the number of regular girls these guys are dating are pretty low..most of them are just into the hooker scene.

I think Ladislav was complaining before about how hard it was to date the normal middle and upper middle class girls and how Thai society looks down on foreigners. This is relatively true but when it comes to looks there are hot women from all social classes here and pay for play is cheap enough where most guys couldn't give a crap.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I think Ladislav was complaining before about how hard it was to date the normal middle and upper middle class girls and how Thai society looks down on foreigners. This is relatively true but when it comes to looks there are hot women from all social classes here and pay for play is cheap enough where most guys couldn't give a crap.
Thai society often and in a significant number looks down on non Oriental looking men, not on foreigners per se. Farang does not mean foreigner- it means honkey, whitey, gringo, gabacho, paleface.

My friends who were Malaysian or Japanese and who were foreigners in Thailand got great respect and were never teased or anything. Not with Caucasian, Indian or Black guys. These are generally seen as freaks or looked down upon. Western women are treated well, though.

Thailand is fun for a lay or two. But outside of tourist areas, they would not even allow non Oriental guys into clubs or bars, or just make you feel very uncomfortable.

This is regardless of whether you would be a Thai citizen or a foreigner. Thailand, as Hawaii is a good place for Oriental people, not white ones. Be they foreign nationals or not.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

ladislav wrote:But outside of tourist areas, they would not even allow non Oriental guys into clubs or bars, or just make you feel very uncomfortable.

This is regardless of whether you would be a Thai citizen or a foreigner. Thailand, as Hawaii is a good place for Oriental people, not white ones. Be they foreign nationals or not.
This point requires highlighting.

Many, many, MANY US mainland gringos go to Hawai'i on holiday, love it, fall in love with the place and then make plans to move there or to retire there.

Huge, massive mistake.

Hawai'i is like Thailand. It is part of the USA but not part of America. They don't like whiteys there and you will never find work, be shunted out of all business contacts and be treated like a leper. If you are rich, or have relatives there, or you are Oriental then you are in.

If not, forget it. It's just like moving to Asia with a lot of money and getting ripped off at every turn. They actively discriminate against whites.

A friend of mine went there in 1995 and spent his entire savings, about $70,000, in a few short years. He returned to L.A. broke and much wiser. He DID own his house outright, purchased back in the early 1970's so there was a fallback position.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Just to let you know, I just talked to my other advisor here Mr. S, who is busy with work everyday since he changed to another company and so has not posted lately.

He said that he read BellaRuth's posts in her intro thread and said that she is definitely genuine and nothing to worry about.

Mr. S is one of the best judges of character that you will ever find, with a very honed intuition. He sees through BS and a person's intentions very easily. So if he finds someone to be ok, then you can count on it.

As for me, a person's writings reflects their brainwave patterns, and it's easy for me to pick up the kind of personality that person is from their writing.

Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

It might be good to make a specific "men only" forum.

Overall though I like the broader and more positive focus on this site. I'm getting tired of MGTOW forums which have basically become echo chambers were people who haven't even been outside the US assume that every woman in the world is just like the really bad AWs they've encountered.