Ambitious, Driven Chinese Woman Mocked God in Front of Me

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Ambitious, Driven Chinese Woman Mocked God in Front of Me

Post by Bao3niang »

The woman who's the subject of this post has been my girlfriend for the last six months. I won't mention her name or name or any other details expect that she's from Henan and currently works in Beijing for a foreign medical firm. One time when I was out on a date with her she told me that one of her roommates back in Henan tried sharing the Gospel with her. She went on a rant, telling me she thinks it's all bullshit. I wasn't surprised, but thought she was nothing but a fool. She's irreligious but 60-70% a vegetarian (she eats seafood).

On the other hand, Jenny from Cebu pays lip service to the priest in church but I can see her living, moving faith. As a Chinese Christian I deeply feel that China needs God.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Ambitious, Driven Chinese Woman Mocked God in Front of M

Post by droid »

This is weird. Weren't you in Canada already? And what about the Vietnam girls you were ready to visit?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I had already booked the plane ticket to Vietnam but due to issues with my passport it didn't work out. I started dating my current girlfriend back in January this year, it was long distance until April, when I returned to China for my holiday.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Yeah, china really lacks morals. I really noticed how they really don't care about strangers. This is true everywhere in China, but much more so in China. However, one of the greatest writers of all time is from China, Watchman Nee. I highly recommend anyone to look at his writings if they get the chance.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Bao3niang, are you a Christian? If you are a Christian, why date a girl that did not believe in God. Dating is what leads to marriage, and you shouldn't be unequally yoked with an unbeliever.

I talked with an acquaintance of mine for a few hours on the phone who works in China. He told me of a church there that has a lot of women believers who aren't married because they want to marry Christians. The Christian men get married off and there are more Christian women than men. It sounded like there were a lot of churches like that. He said a lot of the women liked American men, there, too.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

MrMan wrote:Bao3niang, are you a Christian? If you are a Christian, why date a girl that did not believe in God. Dating is what leads to marriage, and you shouldn't be unequally yoked with an unbeliever.
That may be the case, but I don't think it actually prohibits marriage between Christians and non-believers in the Bible. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know that Paul says that just because your spouse is a non-Christian is not legitimate grounds for divorcing them.
Let's get together and feel alright.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

lol
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Bao3niang wrote:... when I was out on a date with her she told me that one of her roommates back in Henan tried sharing the Gospel with her. She went on a rant, telling me she thinks it's all bullshit...
I fully agree with this Chinese girl. It's a private matter if you believe in God. I left Catholic Church over 40 years ago.

I am pretty sure, 'God' does not exist out of many reasons. It is nothing more annoying to me but people who approach me with the Bible or any other Holy Book and trying to convert me to their faith.
As a Chinese Christian I deeply feel that China needs God.
Up to you - I do not agree with proselytizing. BTW, Christianity is the only religion I know which was selling out its religion and its moral values to feminism.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

RickyRetardo wrote: ..... I don't think it actually prohibits marriage between Christians and non-believers in the Bible. Correct me if I'm wrong...
Christianity is very restrictive. They even reject marriage among their own Christian religious groups. Catholics, Jehovah, Mormons etc.

Islam is less restrictive, it allows Muslim men to marry Christian and Jewish women. Still, it is intolerant for marriage between its own Islamic groups, especially against Shia Muslims.

Hindus, Sikhs etc. are also known to be restrictive, especially regarding their caste system, not a society where foreigners of other religions are welcome.

Only Buddhism is the most tolerant religion, the religion of the other spouse does not matter.

Best is to be an atheist, I am open to everyone, believers and non-believers. I don't care about the religion if any of my spouse, their relatives or our children. It's totally up to them.