What It’s Like to Be Female and Foreign in Japan

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

What It’s Like to Be Female and Foreign in Japan

Post by pandabear »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: What It’s Like to Be Female and Foreign in Japan

Post by OutWest »

Rather funny really. The author is so amazed that overseas, American women are about as desireable as a 30 year old minivan with a blown transmission... Fixing it would cost way more than its worth.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

The author isn't bad-looking in her profile, but she's got to compete with all those pretty feminine-looking women in Japan. A lot of guys who go work in Asia, probably want to date Asians. If you can get that Asian feminity, submissiveness, etc. v. an American assertive woman... how does she hope to compete.

If she were a super hot blond, maybe Asian men would go for her. If she died her hair blond, she might even get more attention from that, since she'd be more different and that might attract some interest if any Asian man had a thing for westerners. Who knows? But for marriage, if you were living in Asia, would you want to marry an assertive American woman who wanted to 'have an equal say' (a.k.a. be the boss)? Probably not.

In some countries, people are shorter than they are in America. I went to church with some women in their early 20's when I was in Indonesia. Two of them went to college together in Canada, along with a pretty Indonesian girl. One of the white girls had a pretty face. The other wasn't bad looking at all. They were both fairly thin at the time, though the prettier white one was on the pudgier side of thin, the type who looked like she might pudge up a bit over time. I think they stayed there single until they hit 30 or so and both went off somewhere. I never heard from the one, but I think the one with the pretty face is still single. They really pretty Indonesian got married a white guy with a good job. The white girls did seem interested in an Asian guy raised in the US and Hong Kong who didn't have a Hong Kong accent. They considered him good-looking, and he was fairly tall.

I think part of the problem is that they were taller than a lot of the guys there. And an Indonesian guy would have to be pretty masculine, tough, and not nerdy to attract them, and he'd also have to like western women. One of them was doing a project with a TV celebrity once, and she seemed thrilled to meet him.

I saw a 20-year-old Indonesian guy really formally greet a 16 or 17 year old pretty blond American girl he was interested in. She really gave him the cold shoulder. I'm sure he would have been interested in dating her. The formal greeting was probably a bit nerdy for her.

If a white woman spends her 20's in Asia, it may be hard for her to get married.

I know an Indonesian man married to a white woman. They go to church, but she tries to interpret away the part about submitting to her husband, and it causes problems. He's really accomplished a lot. He's kind of an over-achiever and things like that. But the lack of wifely submissiveness probably has caused him some problems. She seems like a nice lady otherwise.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 11th, 2020, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Most white women in China have white bfs or husbands. They certainly aren't desperate for male attention let alone Chinese male attention.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

How many single white men are going to go teach in Asia if they aren't attracted to Asian women? And what are the odds that a female white English teacher is going to be good enough to compete with the full range of levels of beauty available in an Asian culture? Physically, she'd might have to look very good to attract her countrymen. There are Asian women around actively trying to attract them that she'd have to compete with. And if she's some kind of feminist or is politically correct, who wants to listen to that stuff.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I knew a Korean expat who worked in Hong Kong. He notice that most of the western guys focus on the local girls but the western females expats were left alone. He decided to target the westerns girls and had a good time.

Ghost,

There are Indians in China? Are these Indians expats or Indians Americans?

Seeker,

Many expats westerns guys vs westerns girls have different motivation in why they go to Asia. I know this will offend some posters but a fair number of expats that go to Asia is because they have asian fetish. To be fair there are some asian girls who have potato fetish as some people call it these days so it works out for them . With Western girls it's more about education or work related so the type of western girls that go to asia are the career driven or independent type of women very different compared to the western guys who are more like motivated for sex .

I have to disagree with the attraction of white women. Sure there are whales among them but I seen some attractive looking white girls in Asia in my travels. I blame the local guys for being too shy to approach them...

There is this bitterness among western men regarding western women . It's like for some western men it's justice that a western women is not getting the attention or entitlement in Asia and it humbles western women...BUT western men gloat over the fact about the entitlement that they receive in Asia. I just think that white people feel like they are entitled to everything just because they are white .
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I know some Asian guys who target Western girls in Asia and have done well--with some of them even married to one. I think Westernized Asian guys should come to Asia if they want to find a nice Western girl to date and marry.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

What shall I do now? shall I feel sorry for her?

This article makes me laugh. This is exactly what happen to many men all the time over many years in Western countries. Happened to me too. Just the opposite way. Rejection from everything which could be considered as female. Feeling lonely... Live with it...
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

zboy1,

I just visited South Korea..I notice a rise of local Korean guys with white girls..who are OK looking.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

chanta76 wrote:zboy1,

I just visited South Korea..I notice a rise of local Korean guys with white girls..who are OK looking.
It's not just White girls either. When I was in Shanghai, I date a beautiful African American girl and in Shenzhen, I dated a chunky--b8t sexy--Ukrainian chick. And they liked Asian men, too.

I honestly don't know why overseas Asians stay in Western countries when there's a untapped goldmine of nice, attractive, African, Latin, Russian and European girls interested in Asian men here. LOL.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

zboy1 wrote: I honestly don't know why overseas Asians stay in Western countries when there's a untapped goldmine of nice, attractive, African, Latin, Russian and European girls interested in Asian men here. LOL.
I think it has mainly economic reasons. Overseas Asian is a broad definition. Some are from very poor countries, others are from financially well-off nations.

Many mainland Chinese and Filipinos prefer to work overseas and are going back only for retirement after decades. It is also important for them to collect working years overseas because of retirement allowance from abroad.

Other Asians who have social security in their own country are often moving back after only a few years abroad. Singapore/Malaysians and Japanese too of course come to my mind.