This is why men in America shouldn't get married

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

This is why men in America shouldn't get married

Post by jamesbond »

Here is an interesting video explaining why men in the US should not get married. It's pretty accurate and scary!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42sI2G4m ... IwZIJqyh5o
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Post by BellaRuth »

IS this accurate?

Upon watching it it seemed a little unrealistic and paranoid. The narrator seems to think it's pretty impossible that a woman wouldn't place importance on her future husband's earning potential but I actually don't know anyone who thinks income is a serious factor to consider before getting married. And although men getting hung out to dry financially does happen, I wouldn't say it's the majority by any means.

I'm not slating necessarily, I'm curious. It might help explain why men on here (and elsewhere, it seems) aren't too fond of American women. The comments intrigued me- it seems a lot of men have been badly wounded by their ex-wives. To me, the comments seem hard to digest, but am I being naive?
adam917
Freshman Poster

Post by adam917 »

What this guy as well as Tom Leykis says is normal in the US. We hear about it going on maybe once a week if not more often depending on your sources. approx 60% of all marriages end in divorce here and many (anyone know or wish to search for the exact numbers?) divorces are initiated by women. Women have nearly all the legal power here and men have nearly zero say-so on how things play out. In fact they can find out after the fact that they got everything taken from them suddenly when they come home with the door locks changed, etc.
Nate
Freshman Poster

Post by Nate »

BellaRuth wrote:IS this accurate?

Upon watching it it seemed a little unrealistic and paranoid. The narrator seems to think it's pretty impossible that a woman wouldn't place importance on her future husband's earning potential but I actually don't know anyone who thinks income is a serious factor to consider before getting married. And although men getting hung out to dry financially does happen, I wouldn't say it's the majority by any means.

I'm not slating necessarily, I'm curious. It might help explain why men on here (and elsewhere, it seems) aren't too fond of American women. The comments intrigued me- it seems a lot of men have been badly wounded by their ex-wives. To me, the comments seem hard to digest, but am I being naive?

For the USA? Yes...you are being naive. I don't know the numbers, but I think well over half of American women consider their future husband's earning potential. It is a very big deal in the USA. After all, the majority of Marriages end in divorce, with about
70% of those being initiated by the woman. What the woman can get from the man in the future when she divorces him is a huge consideration. They will not admit that of course. They will just do it. The famous line by women.."I'll take you for everything you have..." rings in many a man's ears.

Myself? I escaped unscathed just about. I would not advise marriage to an American woman in any way. In the USA it is far better for the man to simply find some woman who hates him, and buy her a house. Oh, she might be sweet now...but inside most sweet Gringas is a lemon sucking shrew waiting to bloom. Why take the chance?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

In the US, 72% of all divorces are initiated by women. If children are involved, 90% of the time, the woman gets custody of the kids and the ex-husband has to pay child support until the kids turn 18. On top of this, sometimes the man has to pay his ex-wife alimony.

Men get financially screwed after a divorce in the US. The divorce laws in the US are in the woman's favor and she makes out like a bandit after a divorce. This is why NO MAN in America should ever get married to an American woman. The best thing to do is, move to a country like the philippines, Mexico, eastern Europe or China, find a wife there and marry her. Don't bring her back to the USA, just continue to live with her in her home country and live a happy life together.