Discuss and talk about any general topic.

What kind of writing should Ghost do in the future?

Write more guides - they are helpful
17%
Write more novels or stories with HA themes
17%
Write bullshit sparkly vampire stories for single moms to read and try to make lots of money this way
33%
Stop writing under a pseudonym and write in your "real" life
17%
Other
No votes
Stop writing - you suck
17%

Total votes: 6
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Re: What kind of writing should Ghost do in the future?

Post by Lorenzo »

A Layman's Guide to Pump and Dump lol.

Seriously, write about things you are passionate about. Judging from your style already, I would say you are s better blog and article writer as opposed to novels, but who know you might surprise us.

I think there needs to be a lot more written about the Wussification of the American male and the matriarchal conversion of society. We are being asked to reshape ourselves as sensitive and submissive makes to the downfall of our society.
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

A Layman's Guide to Pump and Dump lol.

Seriously, write about things you are passionate about. Judging from your style already, I would say you are s better blog and article writer as opposed to novels, but who know you might surprise us.

I think there needs to be a lot more written about the Wussification of the American male and the matriarchal conversion of society. We are being asked to reshape ourselves as sensitive and submissive men to the downfall of our society.
Signet
Freshman Poster

Post by Signet »

It actually reads as something that could pass right under the noses of feminists without irony if you toned it down just a smidge. Although your agenda is obvious, it almost doesn't read that way in the text, which is good if you're looking to sell outside of the tiny bubble of this and similar communities. If you could keep that faux non-judgemental non-ironic tone over the course of a story that was however long, it could be interesting. Not to be too ambitious, but there is a market for that kind of sci-fi.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

You're laying it on too thick and your agenda is too obvious. It reads like the kind of polemic only found on MRA websites. I got the "Sinners in the hands of an angry God" reference.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Write what you know.

Someone mentioned Melville. It should be noted that he really did work on a whaling ship for a while before penning Moby Dick. Just because it is fiction doesn't mean it can't draw a ton from your experiences.

I get the impression you had some experiences in China, followed by the Philippines. Couldn't your real story be reframed in a dystopian science fiction environment?
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Ghost wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:Write what you know.

Someone mentioned Melville. It should be noted that he really did work on a whaling ship for a while before penning Moby Dick. Just because it is fiction doesn't mean it can't draw a ton from your experiences.

I get the impression you had some experiences in China, followed by the Philippines. Couldn't your real story be reframed in a dystopian science fiction environment?
That's what I've done with Boxes and Expatriation Apocalypse! Both based on what I know.

My conflict now is essentially this: useful things don't sell well. Outside of a small niche like HA (and perhaps red pillers in general) what I write isn't going to sell well. Most of society is stupid, so appealing to their low level of intelligence and their perversions is the way to go to make money. But I'm not yet at the point where I'm willing to do that. It's not that I'm not convinced that appealing to modern idiots will make me more money, it's that I don't want to sell out. I'm not in a desperate situation, so it's the difference between working my job and making a few dollars on the side writing good stuff versus potentially finding a goldmine in writing to suit the perversions and stupidity of the masses and perhaps making a lot of money.

In an ideal world, I'd be a poet - perfectly matching language to meaning and creating beauty for this world. However, I lack both the talent and motivation to do such a thing. One of two things would happen: I would either be ignored or scorned. I hope to one day be able to at least write masterful prose.
Melville made the history books, however, his 'Moby Dick' was not a classic during his lifetime. Thus, it wasn't worth his effort, unless you believe in some afterlife notion that Melville knew that his work would live on for eternity.

It's better to live for the times that you live in, than in pondering some future civilizations.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.

Return to “General Discussions”