Leaving the USA best thing I ever did

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
tjh14
Freshman Poster

Re: Leaving the USA best thing I ever did

Post by tjh14 »

Dear Wolfeye,
It's not like that at all. Women are they way they used to be in the USA pre 1980. They are generally decent, warm and friendly. A bit innocent and naive. Really, except in the major cities, people don't serial date much. Things are rather linear from dating to serious relationship. They don't disrespect you at all or play games.
A very enjoyable thing to do over here is to observe the few western women who come over and note the marked differences in their behavior from the Chinese women. I remember seeing this beautiful blonde sitting alone in the coffee shop putting out an icy vibe while the Chinese girls were talking and meeting people. The local girls are generally honest and open and authentic. Western guys treat western women like they have leprosy here and they don't often stay here long. They know they are unwelcome.
Here is an article about the subject and you can read the nasty things this woman says about the men. Typical. http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2006 ... 730390.htm
Signet
Freshman Poster

Post by Signet »

lmao
"Beijing seems to attract only certain types of guys: English-teacher types straight out of college who just want to have fun, ladder-climbing executive types and a bunch of weirdoes," said Emily Patterson, 23, of Cleveland, Ohio, who works as a reporter for a Chinese magazine in Beijing. "You don't want a college guy. Maybe the executive type is already married, busy or boring. And of course, you don't want to date a weirdo.
Hartman agrees: "I think the main problem in Beijing is that most of the men here I wouldn't touch back home, so why would I here?"
"The majority of men come here because they have issues back home ... or they just can't get a woman back home for a number of reasons," she said. "They come here because they become a big fish in a little pond; they become very important and sought after."
These things may even be true in some cases, but the lack of self-awareness almost makes this seem like satire.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

tjh14 wrote:A very enjoyable thing to do over here is to observe the few western women who come over and note the marked differences in their behavior from the Chinese women. I remember seeing this beautiful blonde sitting alone in the coffee shop putting out an icy vibe while the Chinese girls were talking and meeting people. The local girls are generally honest and open and authentic. Western guys treat western women like they have leprosy here and they don't often stay here long. They know they are unwelcome.
Lol :lol:
signet wrote:These things may even be true in some cases, but the lack of self-awareness almost makes this seem like satire.
Yeah
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Sounds great! Here, it seems that even if you find someone that you get along with, you won't really be able to have much of a life together (more & more). The surroundings are a factor & what environment your kids grow up in is pretty damn important. I don't really like either at this point & I don't have any confidence in the future any kids or grandkids of mine would be growing up in.

Honestly, I don't remember the last time I got laid (I didn't really bother with society as a whole for a while & spent most of what would have been my college years drunk) & I'm worried that I'm going to come off like I have some kind of issue with sex or women or something. I get how a woman would assume that a man would be extending enough of an effort to at least get SOME action like that, but the truth is I wasn't bothering with much of anything. Very concerned that I'm going to be considered "expired" or something.

I know maybe that's too much info, but I figure we're guys talking about getting together with women & there are some chicks on this site that could perhaps provide some insight with things like this.

[Just to mention it: I usually keep in pretty athletic shape & I don't have "little man's disease" in any sense of the word- I didn't even get along badly with women in general, I just never really got along well the society that I was born into & wasn't looking to live the "Jerry Springer Life" from unexpectedly knocking-up whoever would have me & then turned into a trainwreck or grinding my life away doing nothing but work (which kind of defeats the purpose). I'm not arrogant, alcohol/drug-addicted, or selfish (all of which seem to count against me in America).]

What would my prospects be in Europe? Again, a general estimate will do fine & sorry for the overshare.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

tjh14 wrote:My wife is from Chongqing which is a megalopolis no one has heard of.
They have. They probably just know it as Chung King, as in Chungking Express or that brand of soy sauce.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
HappyinEurope
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyinEurope »

Wolfeye, from what I read is that you are in the States. One thing: It's not your fault guy..... American women are not worth shit. They are trash pure and simple and it’s only getting worse. Hardly any white American women in their 20s know how to cook, very very few know how to flirt seductively, most of them are defensive tired bitches, and .....Oh the games – how any man can build a communication of basic trust with an American woman is beyond me.

When you date women in Europe – it is fun and an adventurous. They are out to meet a future husband eventually for sure – but right now they want great, fun experiences – good food, travel, dancing, laughing. I still meet so many warm blooded amazing women who are fun, laid back, love children, fantastic cooks and great sensual lovers.

Let me give you an example that I have posted on this forum before: One day I was having coffee in a local cafe with a friend and since it was early in the morning we were the only ones there. In walks this bombshell who turns out to be an anchor woman for one of the Dutch tv channels, she orders coffee and sits down with us: "How you're guys doing today." Totally uninhibited, friendly and doesn't think she's hot shit! Would NEVER happen in the states.......
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

HappyinEurope wrote:When you date women in Europe – it is fun and an adventurous. They are out to meet a future husband eventually for sure – but right now they want great, fun experiences – good food, travel, dancing, laughing. I still meet so many warm blooded amazing women who are fun, laid back, love children, fantastic cooks and great sensual lovers.

Let me give you an example that I have posted on this forum before: One day I was having coffee in a local cafe with a friend and since it was early in the morning we were the only ones there. In walks this bombshell who turns out to be an anchor woman for one of the Dutch tv channels, she orders coffee and sits down with us: "How you're guys doing today." Totally uninhibited, friendly and doesn't think she's hot shit! Would NEVER happen in the states.......
Holy shit balls, your right that would never happen in America. In the US, women are paranoid and anti social towards men. They don't flirt or even make eye contact with men.

A woman in America would never do what that Dutch woman did, sit down in a coffee shop with men she does not know and start talking to them.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
HappyinEurope
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyinEurope »

James, at that same cafe there are big "community" tables where you sit down and start talking to the locals. (Started many conversations there with women....) You don't see that too often in the states, if at all....this cafe has been around for more than 400 years. Napoleon and his troops had a beer there (no such history in the US) while in Jamestown they were slaughtering indians. Take a look around the cafe that is also famous for Dutch impressionist artists like van Gogh and Mondriaan who frequented the place in their days! Enjoy:

https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Caf+'t ... a0f8c8f241
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

HappyinEurope wrote:James, at that same cafe there are big "community" tables where you sit down and start talking to the locals. You don't see that too often in the states, if at all....this cafe has been around for more than 400 years. Napoleon and his troops had a beer there (no such history in the US) while in Jamestown they were slaughtering indians. Take a look around the cafe that is also famous for Dutch impressionist artists like van Gogh and Mondriaan who frequented the place in their days! Enjoy:

https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Caf+'t ... a0f8c8f241
I checked out that photo and that looks like a great old place with lot's of history. That is what I love about Europe, there is a lot of history in every European country.

I plan on visiting Germany and Poland soon. I will start in Berlin and then check out Warsaw. If I like one of those countries a lot, I plan on looking for employment. I have a bachelors degree and could always teach English as a second language.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
HappyinEurope
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyinEurope »

I'll bet you meet a woman before you have a job........
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

HappyinEurope: Sounds f***ing awesome! In truth, I find myself feeling like a starving man thinking about all this. Maybe there's more than one way to starve.

Speaking of Europe & starving people: what's going on with all that immigration stuff? Last I heard, it was like a passive-aggressive invasion with the muslims crying victim if people didn't do what they said. I know that might come off like one thing or another, but that's the story as I've heard it. Wasn't really planning on going on welfare or anything when I got to Europe, but maybe I (and other Europeans) should, just to keep it from going to them- wouldn't be what I'd normally say, but it seems like there's an issue with coming up with reasons not to cater to these people & I figure "we have to look out for our people first" would be hard for anyone to lay down a guilt trip about.

I don't figure literally ALL American women are that way, but it's hard to find many that aren't. I notice that the ones that seem different are usually not to far from being immigrants (first generation or raised in a lot of tradition from other places).
HappyinEurope
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyinEurope »

Here in Holland they have taken steps to put the brakes on Muslim invation, burkas are not allowed (they call them mailboxes here), turrets at mosks had to be taken down and they have to learn Dutch before they nationalize. Although Holland is the most tolerant nation in the world, enough is enough. I fully support Geert Wilders who is a Dutch politician and the founder and leader of the Party for Freedom, which is a political party in the Dutch parliament. Wilders is the Parliamentary group leader of his party in the Dutch House of Representatives.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/dutch-anti- ... 1435163195
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Yeah, Holland sounded interesting- but isn't it really expensive? Maybe that's just Amsterdam? Maybe just certain parts of it?

I hear Norway started deporting any muslim that's in a radical mosque or whatever & that all the crazy shit that was going on dropped by a little more than 30%. Again, Norway seems a bit expensive for me at this point & I can't get a live/work/retire situation from just having citizenship from an EU country. I think I'll be able to do that through Italian heritage, so I might have to stick in the EU like that.

I hear the Czech Republic is nice- any info on that? From what I gather: they aren't real hard to get along with, don't break people's chops with endless laws, and have a decent wilderness situation. I like the outdoors & I don't like having my balls busted with a million laws about permits & safety nonsense (seriously, I rememeber that Hultafors wouldn't sell axes to America because they were worried about getting sued if someone hurt themself with it- perfectly plausible, since some guy successfully sued McDonalds for burning himself with hot coffee!). It also doesn't seem to be really fanatically "Western" or "Eastern," so I figure I won't necessarily get dragged into anything with all this America vs. Russia stuff that's been going on if anything DOES happen. If anything DId fly off, the Czechs seem to be very functional with handling stuff like that (not getting embroiled in other people's bullshit, but they're not push-overs either).

Thought a lot about living in Spain and/or Portugal, which I still like both of in terms of , but it seems that it's tough to stay afloat economically at the moment & I don't have family to rely on there. Maybe Italy, but then they're getting invaded. Then again, that might be something I could contribute to counteracting? I know I'm asking a million questions, but I'm just trying to gather as much information from someone that's lived in Europe while I can. I don't have a massive amount of cash to keep going & going until I find somewhere that works, so I'm trying to land somewhere that's at least workable right off that bat. That way I can replenish my funds & not have a miserable time doing it, at the very least.
Last edited by Wolfeye on August 6th, 2015, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
HappyinEurope
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyinEurope »

As with many other European countries, the cost of living in the Netherlands has gone up with the introduction of the Euro, and many residents still enjoy talking about how expensive everything has become and how they miss Guilders. If you stay out of the west side of the country (randstad) then life is easier and cheaper. The automobile, the governments milkcow, is very expensive to buy and maintain; insurance, roadtaxes, gas ($7/gallon). I don't have car, don't want or need one. Holland has the best transit system in the world, so I use and enjoy that. After 32 years in the US I am happy to live without a car.

Sorry, I just saw the rest of your post. I don't know much about the "old eastern block" countries. I did however lived in Norway for a couple of years during my apprentice years. Norway, just like Holland, is an advanced socialized country and that has to come from somewhere....taxes. For example: In Europe unemployment benefits and job retraining are much better. US employers actively seek ways to AVOID providing any type of benefits to their workers. While in Europe the types of benefits that our parents or grandparents got from their employers are still normal. Health insurance, vacations, holidays, sick time, pensions. While in the US you are pretty much left to take care of your self "on your own" because you have "freedom of choice."

You can find out more here: http://www.expatarrivals.com/the-nether ... etherlands
Last edited by HappyinEurope on August 6th, 2015, 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Okay, thanks. It seems like somewhere where I would need to build up a bit before I were to live there for a stretch. Good thing about the public transportation. Don't they also use shuttlebikes over there? It's like a bicycle attachment that turns the bike into something of a pontoon boat. Always wanted to try those.

Any vacation advice? My cousin went to Amsterdam at one point, but she wasn't there long. Okay, I'll admit it: I'm curious about the pot cafes. I've never had a pot brownie, but it sounds good- and a little bit of a vicious circle, but I guess regular brownies and/or cheesecake would take care of the munchies. Do they let you crash there for a while? Do the cops bust your chops if you're drunk or high out in public or is it just if you're being an asshole? I don't tend to do stupid things like run naked through traffic or anything, so I would think it would be cool- just wanted to ask what they aren't likely going to put on a website.