How easily can Filipinas work abroad?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Hero
Experienced Poster

How easily can Filipinas work abroad?

Post by Hero »

I have a Filipina friend who's getting a degree in teaching and wants to work abroad when she graduates. Which countries are the most likely to let her in? I'm worried that she'll move to a country where she'll get corrupted and/or stolen away by a younger guy. On the other hand, it would be quite hard for her to get into the USA, Australia, Canada or an EU country (I think). So I wonder if my worries about her are justified.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: How easily can Filipinas work abroad?

Post by Zambales »

Depends on what she's teaching.

If she wants to teach English for example she shouldn't have much of a problem finding work abroad especially if she's got a degree. Japan, China and South Korea would be the best places to look as the number of people wanting to learn English is enormous.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Zambales wrote:Depends on what she's teaching.

If she wants to teach English for example she shouldn't have much of a problem finding work abroad especially if she's got a degree. Japan, China and South Korea would be the best places to look as the number of people wanting to learn English is enormous.
They can't legally get visas to teach English in those places, but of course many do anyway.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

She wants to be an elementary school teacher. She'd be teaching all subjects.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 7th, 2020, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Ghost wrote:If she's educated and not scum she'll most likely get hired abroad somewhere. That said, it's much more likely to be Thailand or Singapore or elsewhere in Asia rather than an anglophone country.
Will she get spoiled in one of those Asian countries?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 7th, 2020, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

I taught English with several Filipinos in Vietnam. They had university degrees and spoke English like Americans- much better than the average Filipino you'll encounter if you travel to the Philippines. The pay is about $15 USD an hour. China might be an option too. In Korea she wouldn't be able to get a visa to teach English. In Korea only people from the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, or New Zealand can qualify for such a visa.