I'm finally putting the wheels in motion

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
The Jet Set
Freshman Poster

I'm finally putting the wheels in motion

Post by The Jet Set »

That's it. I've had it! I've had it with everything in my life and what's going on around me and what's been happening to my country, The United States. I don't even know where to begin with an introduction, but as I'm typing I feel as though this post is going to be better suited for the "Rant" section.

I am so tired of everything and I don't even know how to explain my self. I'm a fifty-year old male with two college degrees that has remained single all my life, no wives, no kids, nothing but two elderly parents and a few pets. As I look at the world around me I get sickened by what I see, particularly the people around me and their behavior. I have such a disconnect with everyone no matter what their relationship is with me.

Ever since my early twenties I've always wanted to live abroad, somewhere other than where I was. Somewhere unique and exotic where the people are warm and friendly and I wake up to the sound of waves washing up on the beach.

I just think it's time that I leave because there is nothing left for me here. That's why I've come here to this forum. I've come here to learn and gain knowledge as to how to live abroad. My biggest weakness is that I've never traveled abroad and trying to find a place that will suit me will be my biggest challenge. There are a number of places I've always wanted to visit but whether or not I would enjoy living there would be a different matter. I can't rely on friends or family and their wisdom of years of traveling in order to understand other countries better. How many times I've talked to people who have gotten back from some exotic location and I've tried to ask them all the intricate details of the places they've visited and all they have to say is that they laid around the hotel's pool the entire time and how great the continental breakfast was.

So that's it, that's where I'm at right now and it's just a matter of asking a lot of questions here...

Thanks,

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Re: I'm finally putting the wheels in motion

Post by Lorenzo »

Welcome to the new reality!

Are you willing to move or just want to take short trips? I prefer Asian countries if you are seeking a relationship as part of your plan. Try to country hop and see them all. The women tend to be shy and uninterested but that is cultural. You can find very caring and loving ladies in all the Asian countries but Southeast Asia is easiest.

Can you give us more of an idea what you want?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

How does taking care of aging parents fit into the equation for you, btw?

Are you wanting to find a woman abroad? I'm married to an Indonesian Christian woman. I have taught English in Korea and Indonesia. In Korea, at least when I was there, if you have a college degree and a white face, you can get a job teaching English. Now, it pays about $1800 to $2000 a month with an apartment teaching about 20 or 25 hours a week (split shifts or no splits and Saturdays if you teach kids). Some teachers made a lot more with up to $40 an hour private lessons when I was there. That's one way to go abroad. Finding a young Korean to marry you would probably be harder than finding a young Filppina or Indonesian. People over 30 tend to be married inall those countries.
The Jet Set
Freshman Poster

Post by The Jet Set »

MrMan wrote:How does taking care of aging parents fit into the equation for you, btw?

Are you wanting to find a woman abroad? I'm married to an Indonesian Christian woman. I have taught English in Korea and Indonesia. In Korea, at least when I was there, if you have a college degree and a white face, you can get a job teaching English. Now, it pays about $1800 to $2000 a month with an apartment teaching about 20 or 25 hours a week (split shifts or no splits and Saturdays if you teach kids). Some teachers made a lot more with up to $40 an hour private lessons when I was there. That's one way to go abroad. Finding a young Korean to marry you would probably be harder than finding a young Filppina or Indonesian. People over 30 tend to be married inall those countries.
Actually my parents are self-sufficient and don't need my to take care of them. I only mentioned them in that they are the only people I have close ties to right now. In other words - nothing is holding me back.

I have considered teaching English as a way to get started living in a foreign country but many of them till require some type of certificate or experience. Once I find a place that's right for me my source of employment will fall in line. I still have a long way to go.
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

I suggest you take a "vacation" to some target countries after chatting a while with one or more ladies online. You don't need the added stigma from family and friends about seeking a foreign bride, if that is your desire, so keep that quiet. Meet the lady (or ladies) during your vacation.

Getting started means signing up on the best online dating sites for those countries, building a great profile, and learning about the culture before you really start. At age 50 your best prospect is a younger lady in the Philippines 20s-early 30s or a mid to late 30s Thai lady. I personally prefer Thai women, they are more professional, sharp, educated and attractive on average than your average Filipina, but depending on your religious faith or not, that could guide your direction.There is good lady for every man to be found in the Philippines and they will speak and know English well. China is a possibility but at your age there is nothing but leftovers and craps from damaged relationships.

Understand the following: The Philippines and Indonesia are shit holes, period! Thailand is a little better and more modern. All have beautiful natural wonders to visit and nice people, but daily living standards in the cities in Phil and Indo are horrendous and might be a shock for you. You can always find your lady somewhere in Asia then bring her to a place like Singapore, she would probably be thrilled. Singapore is clean and modern but expensive. Or, bring her back to the USA and forget everyone else.

The great news for you is that 50 is the new 30 in the Philippines LOL.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Hey, Jet Set. I could have written that rant myself. I set the wheels in motion years ago when I visited the Philippines, the Ukraine, and the Dominican Republic. Now I'm saving every penny I can. Good luck to you.
The Jet Set
Freshman Poster

Post by The Jet Set »

Hero wrote:Hey, Jet Set. I could have written that rant myself. I set the wheels in motion years ago when I visited the Philippines, the Ukraine, and the Dominican Republic. Now I'm saving every penny I can. Good luck to you.
Thanks. I still have a long way to go.