How to Argue with your Filipina Wife

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
davewe
Experienced Poster

How to Argue with your Filipina Wife

Post by davewe »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Re: How to Argue with your Filipina Wife

Post by Lorenzo »

Nice blog Dave, I like how you put it out there!

The most important thing is that in these relationships the foreign man must be respectful and fair but strong. The more you give up control, the more control they will take and get bossy...just like an American lady. I see it with my Korean bride, she does not fight fair, so I just shut up and be quiet but strong to avoid escalation of an argument. The issue is especially touchy when we discuss family and the kids, you will increasingly be expected to do whatever it takes no matter how miserable that might become. Honestly she probably feels a burden tolerating you LOL! Older men get grumpy and are less easy to deal with, me included ;)

Just make sure you dip into that the sweet little thing and give it to her good the same night. She will love it.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

This may sound bad but in sexist countries and I imagine the Philippines has sexism there..There are cases of the men beating their wives or girl friends. Not saying that I advocate or condone violence but was wondering if there is any relationship to being with a women who comes from this type of culture where the men rule with an iron fist(literal) and women being submissive.

I hear stories about in Middle eastern culture this happens but they site it due to religious reason.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

chanta76 wrote:This may sound bad but in sexist countries and I imagine the Philippines has sexism there..There are cases of the men beating their wives or girl friends. Not saying that I advocate or condone violence but was wondering if there is any relationship to being with a women who comes from this type of culture where the men rule with an iron fist(literal) and women being submissive.

I hear stories about in Middle eastern culture this happens but they site it due to religious reason.
Did you read the blog piece?

There is nothing about submissive in my wife or most Filipinas. Anyone who goes to the Philippines interested in an actual relationship with a Filipina has to leave that notion behind. Is the culture different and do they believe in some of the concepts that were more prevalent in the West a couple generations ago - yes. Does that make them submissive - no, and hell no!

Are there violent husbands in the Philippines - yep! Violent wives too :)

So the fact that many Filipinas believe in being feminine or are interested in more traditional gender roles does not make them submissive. And my wife is certainly not submissive in the arguing department, which is what the piece was about.

Nor are they submissive in bed - but that's a blog piece I am not quite ready to write :)