Winston in China! Updates and Photos

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Post by Falcon »

I am extremely busy working on projects and studying in Thailand at the moment, so apologies for the delays.

Before I had tried to install WeChat but had been having connectivity issues, phone / computer freeze-ups, etc. Now I have it up and running, so you can add me.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Yohan the link that you gave doesn't seem to site any credible sources and is from a relatively obscure organization. Wikipedia's source is the United Nations Statistical Division (UNSTAT) which sounds like a much more reliable source.

Furthermore the report you gave was written in 2012 which means the stats could not have been been for 2012. As it does not state the source of its divorce data, it is unclear if it even is 2011, 2010 or even earlier. In any case there 2 problems with the report 1. No credible source. 2. Unknown year of measurement

On top of that, all the data cited in the report points to how Japan's divorce rate has increased significantly over the last few decades.

For you to use this data as supposed evidence that Japan's divorce rate is decreasing is frankly illogical and academically mischievous to me. The data, if even reliable, could also be referring to the year 2010 for all we know, in which case it would be in conflict with Wikipedia's UNSTAT source. This would mean that the difference could be due to a difference in measurement methods.

Since it was released in 2012, the latest year the report could be citing data for would be 2011. It seems extremely unlike that a country's divorce rate could drop so dramatically from 36% in 2010 to 27% in 2011. If the data is for 2011, the most likely explanation would still be a difference in measurement methods.

The best and most reliable way for us to measure changes in divorce rates over time is to use reports that compare data from different years using the same methodologies. Correct me if i'm wrong, but frankly it is laughable to me that you could site this source as evidence that Japan's divorce rate is therefore on the decline.

Further to that, even if your was conclusion was credible which it is not, it tells us nothing about what happened between 2013 and 2015. Therefore your conclusion that Japan's divorce rate is on the decline seems unfounded on so many levels, and frankly, academically mischievous.

Low birth rates may be good for population control but what about all the Single Japanese destined to grow old and die alone? All the social and psychological problems that Japanese society is facing has been well documented on other threads - things like Hikkimori culture, highest suicide rate in the world, one-third of men never having had sex in their lives, bringing 'pillow girlfriends' on holidays, marrying blown up dolls, the list goes on and on and has been well documented in other threads.
Yohan wrote:
ethan_sg wrote: Those divorce rates you cite in major Chinese cities may pertain only to native shanghainese, Beijingers and Shenzhenese. As you probably know, most people who live and work in these cities are not originally from these cities...
---
Funny that unlike with China, for Japan you don't cite the divorce rate for Tokyo per se. Lol. Wikipedia cites the overall divorce rate in Japan as being 36%(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography) and this doesn't take into consideration the already extremely low marriage and birth rates in Japan.
Divorce rates in China are difficult to measure, simply said because of gender imbalance in rural areas, there are more men than women, if they cannot marry, because there are no women, they also cannot divorce - we do not have any gender imbalance in Japan.

The divorce rate is now estimated to be in Japan around 27 percent and still declining, while the Chinese divorce rate is going up.
https://meigakucontrastingcultures.file ... -japan.pdf

Wikipedia is using old data from 2010, not from 2012, no estimate given for 2015. About cities, I have never seen a breakup in cities in Japan, and divorce is usually out of court, just fill up an internet form and next day sign it in the ward office - finished. There is no waiting time for a divorce of many months like in China.

It is also difficult to find data from China about all China and while Japan has only 127 million people, China has over 1350 million people.
In some years divorce rates will be about the same in China, Japan, South Korea, HongKong, Taiwan I guess. Somewhat in the 30 percent level I guess.

About low birthrates, simply said we are too many on these few islands, population reduction in Japan is not bad, same is true with China and many other Asian nations.
Chinaebuys - http://www.chinaebuys.com
Buy and Ship any Product Internationally from China
Shipping to more than 200 countries worldwide
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

It seems to me the guys in china who also have chinese back ground is sprouting chinese nationalism.

Give china a few more years and its going to be as bad as the rest of the world.

I think people got upset with winston stating that the philippines are inferior. If that is the case you might as well throw in all of africa ..other south east asian countries and maybe even parts latin america.

If you speak about being superior how about this one.

White western men are superior over any chinese men.
1. White guys are supposedly bigger everywhere.
2.white guys are less sexist and are more romantic.
3.on the average white guys make more money than a chinese guy.
4.western countries are better develop.

So..it should make sense that chinese women should only be with white guys only.

Not only does this sound racist but also stupid.

Winston as an asian american who probably experience racism growing up. You should be more compassionate regarding racial matters and unless you believe white people are better than asian people. Cause that is the belief in the west.
Last edited by chanta76 on August 31st, 2015, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

In addition to my previous points, I think it is also important for us to consider how divorce rates are measured. Presumably they would use data including married couples of all ages in any given country.

We know for a fact that Japan's marriage rate and numbers have plummeted over the years and is now significantly lower than it was a few decades ago. Unlike in some other developed countries, this decrease is not mitigated by immigration and marriage among immigrants because of Japan's extremely low immigration rate.

When measuring the effects of modern society on humans and their quality of lives, it would be more relevant to measure data that focuses on the younger singles and married people. Older Japanese grew up in very different times and had very different, presumably more traditional values.

However, the fact that Japan's marriage rate is now much lower than a few decades ago means that the overall marriage stats which divorce numbers are measured against, are significantly skewed towards older married couples. This would likely significantly understate the true divorce rate in Japanese society among the younger population. If you leave out Japanese couples aged 45 and above, I wonder what the stats would be like.

Due to the demographics of Japan, the divorce stats in Japan therefore likely understate the divorce problem among younger married couples in Japan.

Furthermore, the report that you cited, if even reliable, does in fact point to this matter. It states that "The number of couples
getting married has reduced considerable, because of which the divorce rate has also dropped down." This implies that the slight drop in the rate was due to a decrease in married couples, hence while the rate of divorce among young couples in Japan may actually be growing, they are less in absolute numbers and are then diluted by the relative stability of the older generations which have higher marriage numbers and also used when measuring the overall divorce stats.

Here a couple more pieces of data from the same report which would give us a more accurate picture.

1. "According to the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry, the number of married couples was 708,000 in 2010 while the number of couples who divorced was 253,353."

2. "Nearly one in three marriages in Japan ends up in a divorce."

Of course here I'm just humoring you and using the data in the link you gave, despite the fact that it is unclear on the year of measurement and the source of its data. Ultimately, I would still refer to the Wikipedia UNSTAT source over this, not only because it is more reputable, but because we need to use multiple year data from the same source before we can come to conclusions on divorce trends, since measurement methodologies are complex and can vary from study to study, made even more complicated by Japan's aging demographic issue and plummeting marriage rates over the last few decades.

ethan_sg wrote:Yohan the link that you gave doesn't seem to site any credible sources and is from a relatively obscure organization. Wikipedia's source is the United Nations Statistical Division (UNSTAT) which sounds like a much more reliable source.

Furthermore the report you gave was written in 2012 which means the stats could not have been been for 2012. As it does not state the source of its divorce data, it is unclear if it even is 2011, 2010 or even earlier. In any case there 2 problems with the report 1. No credible source. 2. Unknown year of measurement

On top of that, all the data cited in the report points to how Japan's divorce rate has increased significantly over the last few decades.

For you to use this data as supposed evidence that Japan's divorce rate is decreasing is frankly illogical and academically mischievous to me. The data, if even reliable, could also be referring to the year 2010 for all we know, in which case it would be in conflict with Wikipedia's UNSTAT source. This would mean that the difference could be due to a difference in measurement methods.

Since it was released in 2012, the latest year the report could be citing data for would be 2011. It seems extremely unlike that a country's divorce rate could drop so dramatically from 36% in 2010 to 27% in 2011. If the data is for 2011, the most likely explanation would still be a difference in measurement methods.

The best and most reliable way for us to measure changes in divorce rates over time is to use reports that compare data from different years using the same methodologies. Correct me if i'm wrong, but frankly it is laughable to me that you could site this source as evidence that Japan's divorce rate is therefore on the decline.

Further to that, even if your was conclusion was credible which it is not, it tells us nothing about what happened between 2013 and 2015. Therefore your conclusion that Japan's divorce rate is on the decline seems unfounded on so many levels, and frankly, academically mischievous.

Low birth rates may be good for population control but what about all the Single Japanese destined to grow old and die alone? All the social and psychological problems that Japanese society is facing has been well documented on other threads - things like Hikkimori culture, highest suicide rate in the world, one-third of men never having had sex in their lives, bringing 'pillow girlfriends' on holidays, marrying blown up dolls, the list goes on and on and has been well documented in other threads.
Yohan wrote:
ethan_sg wrote: Those divorce rates you cite in major Chinese cities may pertain only to native shanghainese, Beijingers and Shenzhenese. As you probably know, most people who live and work in these cities are not originally from these cities...
---
Funny that unlike with China, for Japan you don't cite the divorce rate for Tokyo per se. Lol. Wikipedia cites the overall divorce rate in Japan as being 36%(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography) and this doesn't take into consideration the already extremely low marriage and birth rates in Japan.
Divorce rates in China are difficult to measure, simply said because of gender imbalance in rural areas, there are more men than women, if they cannot marry, because there are no women, they also cannot divorce - we do not have any gender imbalance in Japan.

The divorce rate is now estimated to be in Japan around 27 percent and still declining, while the Chinese divorce rate is going up.
https://meigakucontrastingcultures.file ... -japan.pdf

Wikipedia is using old data from 2010, not from 2012, no estimate given for 2015. About cities, I have never seen a breakup in cities in Japan, and divorce is usually out of court, just fill up an internet form and next day sign it in the ward office - finished. There is no waiting time for a divorce of many months like in China.

It is also difficult to find data from China about all China and while Japan has only 127 million people, China has over 1350 million people.
In some years divorce rates will be about the same in China, Japan, South Korea, HongKong, Taiwan I guess. Somewhat in the 30 percent level I guess.

About low birthrates, simply said we are too many on these few islands, population reduction in Japan is not bad, same is true with China and many other Asian nations.
Last edited by ethan_sg on August 31st, 2015, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

chanta76 wrote:I think people got upset with winston stating that the philippines are inferior. If that is the case you might as well throw in all of africa ..other south east asian countries and maybe even parts latin america.
He will probably claim those countries and the people\races that inhabit them are inferior too.

He's a Chinese guy, I can't blame him. If I was a Chinese guy I would probably feel the same way. Race has a way of, in subtle ways, influencing you. Even if you try not to be influenced by it, or pretend you aren't, you still are. Few of us are entirely free of personal biases... but to present what is clearly a personal bias based on anecdotal evidence as undeniable facts, just takes things too far.

The reason I defend Filipina girls is because I married into a Filipino family - I got very close to these people, befriended many of them, and it's hard for negative stereotypes to survive in a positive environment. If I had gone to Angeles City and spent my time chasing hookers and bar girls instead, my experiences might have been very different. But I did not do that, hence my experiences are more positive. As a result, so is my overall impression.

The same can be said for Yohan, whose impression of Filipino people comes from his foster daughter and her family. His experience seems to be generally positive. Ask men such as OutWest, Davewe and the (sadly less active) Publicduende, and you will hear similar positive experiences.

It is my personal opinion that one can be positive about a country and its dating options without having to put down another nation and its women just to make a point. Which is not only completely ridiculous and subjective, but also an incredibly low blow towards the many men on this forum who have either found love with great women there, had great past relationships, fond memories, or even built up their lives and families. If Winston would find love and genuine happiness with a Chinese woman (something I am skeptical about given his track record), I would be the first to congratulate and be happy for him. I certainly would not call his girlfriend or the race to which she belongs inferior.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Marcus

I have to agree with you. As an asian man growing up in the usa i kept hearing bullshit stereotypes that asian man are less masculine. For me personal i knew it was not true but more due to racism .

Just surprise that winston would say this. I always figure he be sensitive torwards racial stereotypes.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

chanta76 wrote:I have to agree with you. As an asian man growing up in the usa i kept hearing bullshit stereotypes that asian man are less masculine. For me personal i knew it was not true but more due to racism.
One thing I will give Winston credit for is going against the "Asian men are not masculine" stereotype. I mean surely he does not seem like the worlds most virile man at first, but as an Asian man he's slept with dozens of white girls and Asian girls alike, across several continents, for two decades now.

He's like Roosh mixed with Kim Jong-un.
chanta76 wrote:Just surprise that winston would say this. I always figure he be sensitive torwards racial stereotypes.
He doesn't need sensitivity; he's a freethinker. :roll:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

ethan_sg wrote:In addition to my previous points, I think it is also important for us to consider how divorce rates are measured. Presumably they would use data including married couples of all ages in any given country.
Yohan the link that you gave doesn't seem to site any credible sources and is from a relatively obscure organization. Wikipedia's source is the United Nations Statistical Division (UNSTAT) which sounds like a much more reliable source.
How are divorce rates measured in China? Please explain, out of which sources?

Data about Japan can be calculated using the official website:

http://www.stat.go.jp/english/index.htm

It would be nice if you could provide me a similar official link about China.

You did avoid to mention the gender imbalance in China, if there are only 100 women for 119 men (up to 130 in rural areas!), of course the divorce rate must be lower than in Japan, where a gender imbalance does not exist. No woman to marry existing means no divorce possible. Further, huge backlogs in China in divorce procedures over many months result in couples married longer than they want to be. This again is bringing down the divorce rate.

About immigration, which is very low in Japan, can you offer some Chinese sources about immigration into China?
How many people for example got Chinese citizenship and how many Chinese renounce it after leaving to other country?
Are they allowed to renounce Chinese citizenship? I think they are not. China remains highly restrictive against its own citizens in China, not even to talk about issues regarding HongKong, Taiwan, Tibet, Northwest part of China etc.

In general I fail to see what China is offering to foreigners (except tourism and business for large production companies), they can never own any property (all land belongs to China as a Communist principle), they can never claim the Chinese citizenship, even not permanent resident status, the justice system is very arbitrary... Chinese cities are crowded similar to Japan but very much polluted, communication is heavily restricted including internet censorship... What is so attractive with China?

About girls, there is a remarkably high gender imbalance,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8451289.stm
http://www.thehindu.com/news/internatio ... 332304.ece

Again my question, what is so attractive with China?

I see plenty of Chinese lining up in front of consulates ready to leave anytime to USA, Europe, Australia, Japan etc. - basically accepting any country which is willing to take them but which country welcomes Chinese citizens for longstay, good question - on the other side I do not know anything about immigration into China except overseas Chinese.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
chanta76 wrote:I think people got upset with winston stating that the philippines are inferior. If that is the case you might as well throw in all of africa ..other south east asian countries and maybe even parts latin america.
He will probably claim those countries and the people\races that inhabit them are inferior too.
He's a Chinese guy, I can't blame him. If I was a Chinese guy I would probably feel the same way.
The same can be said for Yohan, whose impression of Filipino people comes from his foster daughter and her family. His experience seems to be generally positive. Ask men such as OutWest, Davewe and the (sadly less active) Publicduende, and you will hear similar positive experiences.
To consider China as 'superior' to other nations? Is this a joke?
Out of what reason? Please explain...

The worldbank is listing China as Rank # 105 as income per capita/purchasing power out of 213 countries.
http://databank.worldbank.org/data/download/GNIPC.pdf

The corruption index is listing China as rank # 100 out of 174 countries.
http://www.transparency.org/cpi2014/results

Freedom of media-journalists is rank #175 out of 180 countries lower than Iran!
http://rsf.org/index2014/en-index2014.php

I could continue this list, religious restrictions, travel restrictions even for own citizens and so on.

There is hardly a reason for an ordinary mainland Chinese worker to feel superior to other nations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/3 ... 58415.html
Working conditions in China

---

About Philippines, even with its chaotic government and its impoverished people living often in slum-area, I prefer it any time to China. Philippine government compared to China is not a control-freak, foreigners welcome to settle down legally anytime with easy to obtain resident status, Philippine people are willing to study and to do any work if they have the chance to do so. I was never disappointed there during my frequent visits to Cebu. About my Filipina fosterdaughter, still in university, she is always respectful, always obedient to me, I never had a problem with her or with anybody next to her.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Terrence and yohan,
sorry but you two arent presenting any significant points that prove anything. Both of you sound too anti china and you guys seem to be devils advocates who are just arguing with everything for argument sake.

You guys are also morons to compare mainland chinese girls with american girls. That destroys your credibility right there. No f***ing way! Hell no! Are you frigging insane?! Chinese girls are wayyyyyyy wayyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyy millions of times more down to earth and approachable and sweet than american girls. Light years of difference! I swear it!

You guys could not be more wrong. I swear. Come here to china and i will show you how authentic it is to talk to and connect with chinese girls. They dont act fake at all like american girls do.

Same with you Marcoszeitola.

Also if chinese and american girls are similar then how come they never hang out in the same clique? How come theres a barrier between them? How come theres no comfort level between them?

All those news articles dont mean shit. News is always negative. Who cares? The main point for us is that meeting and dating girls here is 1000 times better and more friendly and smooth and natural than in the west. I know this from first hand experience so it is a HARD FACT for me and Ethan_sg and zboy and others.

In other words, dating and social life are much better here. Thats the bottom line and significance here. Ethan_sg and zboy can confirm that too.

All those stupid news articles dont mean shit and dont change the bottom line that we experience first hand here.

Also china is healthier too. Zboy and i have lost a lot of weight here. I went from 82 kg to 76 kg. So yes there are health benefits too. Stop being so negative guys. Get your ass here instead and you will experience what i mean.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan,
Your stats are bullshit. They contradict my first hand experience and observation. Come here to china and you will see that there seems to be more women than men. I see hot women everywhere every second. Its surreal. Of course i pay attention more to women as well. But i do not see any surplus of men.

Also most of china ive seen is pretty modern and developed with all the conveniences you need. And this includes the cities in inner china as well. So it is no third world.

Also how come in Philippines you are always surrounded by people trying to scam you but i never seen anyone trying to scam me in China?

Finally if you guys dont think race matters, see David Dukes material on his website. He has a lot of arguments and evidence that race and genetics are very real and matter and are wonderful too.

http://www.davidduke.com
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Yohan the link you provided does not provide any details on how divorce rates are calculated.

On the contrary, the UN UNSTAT stats cited by Wikipedia do provide details if you bothered to visit the links and used a bit of basic inference (http://unstats.un.org/unsd/demographic/ ... able23.pdf) and (http://unstats.un.org/unsd/demographic/ ... able25.pdf)
The articles also provide all the original sources of data.

Your suggestions that China's gender imbalance results in a lower divorce rates only shows how little you understand the definition of 'rate'. A single person who doesn't get married cannot be divorced. Obviously divorce rates are measured against married couples. Therefore your suggestion that gender imbalance contributes to a lower divorce rate does not make any sense at all. Please think before you post.

I cited the low immigration rate as a point relevant to the aging demographics in Japan. Immigration rate is not relevant to whether a place is necessarily a suitable happier abroad destination. The USA has a very high immigration rate but does this mean it's an ideal happier abroad destination? Your usage of China's low immigration rate to attack it shows how little understanding you have over real Happier Abroad issues.

Hey the US has lots of political freedom and is fully democratic. Land in the US is also fully freehold - meaning once you buy it it's yours forever to keep till you sell it. If these types of freedom were what really mattered to us Happier Abroaders, this forum wouldn't even exist. Your harping on these issues shows how little understanding you have over real Happier Abroad issues and how incompatible you are with most on this forum. Perhaps you should be posting your views somewhere else like on an immigration forum or something.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how much political freedom Japan has. The end result of its modernization, westernization and Asian brand of feminism has been the highest suicide rate in the world and a whole host of warped sociological and psychological ailments that it is struggling to deal with. Men there are among the loneliest and sexless in the world. Despite any gender imbalance that China may be suffering from due to its one-child policy, its marriage rate and birth rate is still much higher than it is in Japan. This shows that despite the gender imbalance, a higher proportion of people and still getting married and having kids. This is because on the whole, Chinese women still remain far less feminist, individualistic and are much more family-minded, down-to-earth and open to dating men than women in the Anglosphere or Asian countries afflicted by the anglosphere like Japan and Singapore.

Some quotes below on Japan's divorce rates and increasingly lopsided female power in gender relations and divorce cases below show how Japan is becoming more like the feminist West in terms of both gender relations and female power in divorce cases. If you don't appreciate one of the central prevailing themes on this forum which is the problems with feminism and how men are being increasingly screwed over socially and legally in the feminist anglosphere, then it would only further strengthen my belief that you belong on a Vanilla Immigration forum, not Happier Abroad. Quotes below are from the following source: (http://factsanddetails.com/japan/cat18/ ... #chapter-1)

Yoshiro Hatano, Ph.D. and Tsuguo Shimazaki wrote in the Encyclopedia of Sexuality: In 1946, divorce laws eliminated the old three-line letter whereby a man could dismiss his wife. Before World War II, Japan had one of the highest divorce rates in the world; that high rate is echoed in recent years, following after an all-time postwar low, with the difference that most divorces now are sought by women. Laws still leave alimony rather skimpy, but child-custody now favors the mother instead of the mandatory custody by the husband's family that prevailed before 1945. [Source: Yoshiro Hatano, Ph.D. and Tsuguo Shimazaki, Encyclopedia of Sexuality, 1997 hu-berlin.de/sexology ++]

The increased rate of divorce among the young people may come from their immaturity in the social perseverance quality, while the rate among middle-aged people may be the result of changes in the male/female social strength relations. For the latter, factors to be considered include a rebellion of the women against the men-centered social structure, expansion of the economic independence of the housewives, and more promotion of women's emancipation. This, in turn, provides the starting point for a discussion about the husband/wife roles in the family life in the modern and future Japanese society.

New divorce laws in 2007 give a divorced wife the right to 50 percent of husband's company pension. Many older and middle aged women who wanted divorces reportedly decided to stay in unhappy marriages and wait until the law went into effect before seeking a divorce.

Yohan wrote:
ethan_sg wrote:In addition to my previous points, I think it is also important for us to consider how divorce rates are measured. Presumably they would use data including married couples of all ages in any given country.
How are divorce rates measured in China? Please explain, out of which sources?

Data about Japan can be calculated using the official website:

http://www.stat.go.jp/english/index.htm

It would be nice if you could provide me a similar official link about China.

You did avoid to mention the gender imbalance in China, if there are only 100 women for 119 men (up to 130 in rural areas!), of course the divorce rate must be lower than in Japan, where a gender imbalance does not exist. No woman to marry existing means no divorce possible. Further, huge backlogs in China in divorce procedures over many months result in couples married longer than they want to be. This again is bringing down the divorce rate.

About immigration, which is very low in Japan, can you offer some Chinese sources about immigration into China?
How many people for example got Chinese citizenship and how many Chinese renounce it after leaving to other country?
Are they allowed to renounce Chinese citizenship? I think they are not. China remains highly restrictive against its own citizens in China, not even to talk about issues regarding HongKong, Taiwan, Tibet, Northwest part of China etc.

In general I fail to see what China is offering to foreigners (except tourism and business for large production companies), they can never own any property (all land belongs to China as a Communist principle), they can never claim the Chinese citizenship, even not permanent resident status, the justice system is very arbitrary... Chinese cities are crowded similar to Japan but very much polluted, communication is heavily restricted including internet censorship... What is so attractive with China?

About girls, there is a remarkably high gender imbalance,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8451289.stm
http://www.thehindu.com/news/internatio ... 332304.ece

Again my question, what is so attractive with China?

I see plenty of Chinese lining up in front of consulates ready to leave anytime to USA, Europe, Australia, Japan etc. - basically accepting any country which is willing to take them but which country welcomes Chinese citizens for longstay, good question - on the other side I do not know anything about immigration into China except overseas Chinese.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Winston wrote:You guys could not be more wrong. I swear. Come here to china and i will show you how authentic it is to talk to and connect with chinese girls. They dont act fake at all like american girls do.
Winston, I have been living here in China 5 years. (exactly five years to the day interestingly) I speak pretty damn good Chinese. I have taught university classes using Chinese. No, I do not teach english. I have been all over this country. I have friends across multiple age groups and economic strata. If I hated it, I would not still be here. Go back and look at how many threads where I was called a brainwashed China defender or some other such nonsense.

None of that changes the reality on the ground.
Winston wrote: In other words, dating and social life are much better here. Thats the bottom line and significance here. Ethan_sg and zboy can confirm that too.

All those stupid news articles dont mean shit and dont change the bottom line that we experience first hand here.
At no point did I, or the quotes from Falcon or your dad suggest otherwise. Memories are short. Go back and look at how many times I said you would do better in China. I wrote before than Chinese girls would like you. Dating and social life can be a lot of fun.

But you are looking for a SOUL MATE and something long term. In this regard, I stand by my statement that you should listen to Falcon and your dad. There are a great many things about Chinese women, when it comes to marriage or long term relatio ships, that would not be a fit for you. You yourself have written about some of these things.

If you have fun dating, traveling and meeting many girls, more power to you. But things become very different when it becomes about marriage and the long term. You will be expected to live up to things I don't think you are ready for, especially in the domain of work and financial issues.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:Terrence and yohan,
sorry but you two arent presenting any significant points that prove anything. Both of you sound too anti china and you guys seem to be devils advocates who are just arguing with everything for argument sake.

You guys are also morons to compare mainland chinese girls with american girls. That destroys your credibility right there.
Where did I ever compare Chinese with US-women? Can you show me this comment? Just the opposite I said clearly that to compare Chinese women with USA-women is plainly wrong and it would be better to compare Chinese women with other Asian women.

You still did not answer to my comment that you are of Chinese descent, US-citizen and able to communicate in Chinese while in China.
Many Chinese women are interested in overseas Chinese to leave China. Of course for you life in China is interesting and dating is easy. This is however not the case with white men who visiting China and cannot speak Chinese.

The gender imbalance exists in China, it cannot be denied, even the Chinese Communist Party does not deny that this is a serious problem.

About life in China, pollution is a serious problem, working conditions are terrible in factories and take a car and drive out 30 minutes away from a city center and you will notice how poor life in China can be.

Statistics, can you provide any statistics, even those censored in China to prove me wrong?

China is a place with moderate income (USD 7380,- per person in 2014, this is USD 615,- per month) with huge income difference between poor and rich, the country is considerably corrupt, and any freedom of expression and religion is harshly oppressed.

What means anti-Chinese? China is clearly a military threat for several countries near to the China Sea, especially for Philippines.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Holy mackerel! These Chinese women in Ethan_sg's area of Shenzhen and Guangzhou will blow you away and mesmerize you! Any one of you guys would gladly move to China for such surreal feminine beauties. Dang! Even Ethan_sg will be blown away by them! Some of them look wholesome, tender and sweet too!

http://women.happierabroad.com/women/info156986.htm

http://women.happierabroad.com/women/info156789.htm

http://women.happierabroad.com/women/info155414.htm

http://women.happierabroad.com/members/ ... xiangxiang
(Her additional photos look better, that's why I linked them instead of her main profile page.)

http://women.happierabroad.com/women/info153974.htm