Chinese drivers kill pedestrians intentionally

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Chinese drivers kill pedestrians intentionally

Post by BlackKnight »

What a sicking culture

http://www.businessinsider.com/chinese- ... lly-2015-9

However, it would be funny to see a car drive over the Winston and him complaining to the last min :lol:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 22nd, 2020, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Chinese drivers kill pedestrians intentionally

Post by Cornfed »

Isn't this kind of situation due to the Asian belief that if someone is in peril it is the will of the gods they should die and if a person interferes in this then because he is asserting he knows better than the gods that he is therefore responsible for the person he saved for the remainder of the person's life?

In any case, the second story shows that even a broken clock is right twice a day as the man in question clearly deserved to die. What the hell is a 60 year old man in a long lived culture doing on a pension? He should be working, goddammit.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

This behavior is typical of Asians. Makes me ashamed to be Asian! You have to understand that life in China is cheap, and that everything revolves around money in this country.

If there's one thing I admire about Western culture, it's that people will help total strangers out whenever possible. In Asia, with the exception of Japan and a few other countries, people will ignore anyone in need of help.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

China is an absolute cesspit of a country with little to recommend it. I cannot wait to get myself and my family out of here to somewhere more civilised.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Seeker wrote:China is an absolute cesspit of a country with little to recommend it. I cannot wait to get myself and my family out of here to somewhere more civilised.
In my experience it was less of a cesspit of a country than the West on balance, but then I was only there for a few months and was teaching at a good school. If you want to go to a better country then good luck, and tell us when you find it.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

For years I wondered why I was born in the USA. The USA sucks.

The USA is starting to look like one of the best places to live in the world. Where else were we going to expat to, except for one of those cheap Asian countries?

At least the USA has some lingering morality which would prevent this kind of activity and laws like this. The Christian Right would oppose that.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Seeker wrote:China is an absolute cesspit of a country with little to recommend it. I cannot wait to get myself and my family out of here to somewhere more civilised.
How long have you been living in China, and what area do you live in?

When I did some Skype interviews with Chinese TEFL employers about two years ago, I didn't receive any offers that seemed attractive compared to the work I already had.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Cornfed wrote:In my experience it was less of a cesspit of a country than the West on balance, but then I was only there for a few months and was teaching at a good school. If you want to go to a better country then good luck, and tell us when you find it.
Before this summer I was quite positive about China but the longer I stay here the more bad things I see about it. I don't like the people, the culture, the women, the food, the environment, the language and the loathsome way the disgusting natives act.

There's more to the West than America, I just returned from Germany and my own home in England, and I never saw a finer place than the former, I would also far prefer the Philippines over a cesspit like China.

Gnosis I've been here coming up 3 years, I'm better paid than most people in Britain but the standard of living isn't even comparable. I would rather be an average person in Britain or Germany than an upper middle class (or even upper class) person who was stuck in China. I want my children to grow up amidst the clean air, green vistas and golden beaches that I enjoyed. They can never have that in this god-forsaken country.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Seeker wrote: Gnosis I've been here coming up 3 years, I'm better paid than most people in Britain but the standard of living isn't even comparable. I would rather be an average person in Britain or Germany than an upper middle class (or even upper class) person who was stuck in China. I want my children to grow up amidst the clean air, green vistas and golden beaches that I enjoyed. They can never have that in this god-forsaken country.
I think I understand where you're coming from. I live in Vietnam, and a fellow expat I know (who has lived here for 7 years) made similar complaints about raising his kids in Vietnam.

He has two young children and wishes his son would be able to experience some of the greenery and open spaces he enjoyed growing up.

Fat chance of that ever happening. He will never be able to relocate.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Seeker wrote: Gnosis I've been here coming up 3 years, I'm better paid than most people in Britain but the standard of living isn't even comparable. I would rather be an average person in Britain or Germany than an upper middle class (or even upper class) person who was stuck in China. I want my children to grow up amidst the clean air, green vistas and golden beaches that I enjoyed. They can never have that in this god-forsaken country.
Godforsaken is right. Just like in the Bible when the Hebrews turned away from God, He let them become oppressed and enslaved. That's exactly what is going on here. You can live anywhere, if you are a son of God through Jesus Christ, because He promises to protect His children from evil. There's little hope for the Chinese or the Palestinians for that reason.

There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief. Proverbs 12:21

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. Isaiah 54:17

Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Deuteronomy 31:6
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

China isn't a bad place, actually. I like it here.

Yeah, there's stories like this that piss me off about China, but it's still not as messed-up as most Anglo countries.