Will N. Dowd Injured by Karaoke Machine

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Will N. Dowd Injured by Karaoke Machine

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I always told myself I wouldn't meet girls families, but I did it once last year, and decided to do it again this year. I made sure to tell the girls before I went that the parents knew we were just friends for now and no commitment or offspring were in our immediate plans.

I regretted meeting the first girls parents last year because they later lied and threatened me unless I gave them money. This year I regretted it for a totally different reason. After meeting this petite but unbelievably cute girl and family in their typical humble shack near the seaside we made our excuses and left to go back to my place.

As we were leaving, a bunch of young guys were trying to move one of those giant coin operated karaoke machines with wheels on the bottom. This was in the jungle, so the wheels didn't work on the dirt ground. They said hey Joe help us please, so I obliged. Their were now 4 of us including me lifting it, one on each side. As I was moving backwards without looking behind I caught my heel on a rock and fell hard backwards, taking the machine down with me. The machine with 1 Filipino on top of it landed on me. I put my hands up in time to save the top part from hitting me, but not before the bottom hit my feet, ankles and knees. I was partially pinned under it until everyone stopped laughing and lifted it off me. The locals just smiled and laughed and said you ok Joe? I laughed too because it was quite funny when it happened, but the pain in my knees and lower legs gradually got worse every day and make it painful to walk. I am slowly getting better, but staying home so I don't need to walk. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Will N. Dowd Injured by Karaoke Machine

Post by MarcosZeitola »

The worst injury a karaoke machine has given me is a sore throat. Your story is pretty funny though... always love those alcohol-fueled drunk karaoke nights. Hell, not even nights, we usually start somewhere in the afternoon and sing until we can barely stand on our feet. I have a few songs I know the lyrics to quite will, it's awesome. Love seeing the elderly relatives of my wife get carried away... grandfather, who had too much gin, serenading grandmother, the friends of my sister-in-law pretending the whole thing is The Voice of the Philippines... good times!

The whole thing always makes me feel so Filipino! :lol:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Which part? :lol:

I am not sure Will realises what a funny guy he is or how statistically improbable it is for the same thing to happen to someone just on this forum.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Ghost wrote:Will is such a hot guy even the karaoke machine wants to f**k him.
Karma calling....
MR2
Freshman Poster

Post by MR2 »

I got a nice scratch from my motorbike. It turned into an infection, and made a really nasty quarter sized red swollen nastiness. I had to see a surgeon here who cut the top part off so it could drain. He operated the same day. He used a local so I was awake for the procedure. I did take a sedative that I brought with me for the flight.

It cost me about 300 bucks for everything. I have philhealth which only covers things done in the hospital. It does not cover doctor visits. The new quarter starts in October. If you sign up this month you will be covered starting in October - December. It costs 600php per quarter. I am single with a tourist visa, and the doctor was shocked I had Philhealth. Look into it.