Do Filipinas have any passion or soul? I'm confused

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

globetrotter wrote: I live here and I don't see it.

They only have shame when you call them on it. THEN they express shame, but you have to point out to them that something should not be done, is wrong, or causes someone to lose face. If you do not point it out to them, they will do any action without limitation until they are caught.

Without some exterior social force pointing out that X behavior is shameful, NE Asians will act without boundary to infinity. Anyone who has done business with the Chinese can readily attest to this fact.

Is this all of them? No. But if you have daily dealings with them, you will encounter this concept every single day.
I don't think this is some sort of defect in the culture but typical stuff that you encounter when living in the developing world. When you're living in a society with a large divergence between rich and poor you get a lot of hustlers. People develop a much colder harsher dog eat dog mentality. Even in tropical climates where people are generally smiling, etc.. it's just masking a much grimmer reality. People in modern middle class countries tend to respect rule of law and the "social contract" more because they feel connected to a larger community.

This just isn't true in the poorer parts of the world where everyone is out for themselves.

A lot of the unscrupulous behavior you are talking about is stuff my parents would never do and I consider them to be rather old school traditional Chinese people.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also, they seem to lack depth or intensity in their soul. But of course, only someone with a deep soul would notice this, whereas someone with no depth in their soul would not notice it and would instead ask me the stupid question, "How do you define a deep soul?" (sigh)

You can notice this in their music as well. Music in Tagalog is simple, happy and monotone. There is no angst, drama or intensity in it. This is a reflection of the Filipino soul. It is not intense or deep.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by mentor »

Baron wrote:70% of this country's population are living in that typical dilemma...
They got nothing from their birth.. And all they have seen was no hope but their survival....

Can you blame them and say they have no soul?

It is truly wrong and unbiased...
I got the impression all these, made them just simple persons.
I love simplicity.
So it seems this the right place to choose a girl.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re:

Post by pete98146 »

Winston wrote:Also, they seem to lack depth or intensity in their soul. But of course, only someone with a deep soul would notice this, whereas someone with no depth in their soul would not notice it and would instead ask me the stupid question, "How do you define a deep soul?" (sigh)

You can notice this in their music as well. Music in Tagalog is simple, happy and monotone. There is no angst, drama or intensity in it. This is a reflection of the Filipino soul. It is not intense or deep.
It's just my personal opinion but I don't think you can judge the depth of a person's soul by their nationality. Folks from the poorer countries view life differently. They tend to "live in the moment" more than we do here in the West.

Couldn't disagree with you more about Filipino music. LOL you should listen to my wife sing. She's not necessarily a good singer but she tries to belt out a song and it's just filled with emotion that emanates from her soul. Turn the tv on and watch any variety show and you'll see the same. Filipinos are very emotional, love driven people.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re: Re:

Post by mentor »

pete98146 wrote:

It's just my personal opinion but I don't think you can judge the depth of a person's soul by their nationality. Folks from the poorer countries view life differently. They tend to "live in the moment" more than we do here in the West.

Couldn't disagree with you more about Filipino music. LOL you should listen to my wife sing. She's not necessarily a good singer but she tries to belt out a song and it's just filled with emotion that emanates from her soul. Turn the tv on and watch any variety show and you'll see the same. Filipinos are very emotional, love driven people.
I agree with you. They just live differently. We cannot judge them looking only from our point of view and only by comparing the way that we live.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

mentor wrote:
pete98146 wrote:

I agree with you. They just live differently. We cannot judge them looking only from our point of view and only by comparing the way that we live.

The question itself is amazingly arrogant. Especially so, coming from contemporary America, with such a vast percentage of the society living as corporate zombies, lives consisting of collections of brand impressions, neighborhoods filled with cookie cutter strip malls pedeling corporate crap food ( and coffee...yes Starbucks sucks) staffed with robots and people generally incapable of even articulating thought...and somehow, all this bull$hit is presumed to have a soul, compared to some little mama's sari sari store on Abellanosa St in Cagayan de Oro, where she knows her customers by name and has often extended credit to get a family through hard times.

So yes, if you have primarily consorted with HOOKERS IN AC, you might ask the question, and then look in the mirror to see a real POS, and for those who cannot imagine the Philippines beyond pathetic AC, well, you are getting the souless hell you deserve.

The Philippines, and some similar places, have plenty of soul and passion to be found, but most foreign men never make it out of the red light district.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

OutWest wrote: The question itself is amazingly arrogant. Especially so, coming from contemporary America, with such a vast percentage of the society living as corporate zombies, lives consisting of collections of brand impressions, neighborhoods filled with cookie cutter strip malls pedeling corporate crap food ( and coffee...yes Starbucks sucks) staffed with robots and people generally incapable of even articulating thought...and somehow, all this bull$hit is presumed to have a soul, compared to some little mama's sari sari store on Abellanosa St in Cagayan de Oro, where she knows her customers by name and has often extended credit to get a family through hard times.

So yes, if you have primarily consorted with HOOKERS IN AC, you might ask the question, and then look in the mirror to see a real POS, and for those who cannot imagine the Philippines beyond pathetic AC, well, you are getting the souless hell you deserve.

The Philippines, and some similar places, have plenty of soul and passion to be found, but most foreign men never make it out of the red light district.
Spot on!

It's funny in a sad way to read the comment of mongers who believe they figured out enough of a countries women to know the depth of their souls, when all they ever did was sleep with bargirls, whores and desperate sluts. I wonder if these men ever even visited the girls parents, talked to their sisters, had a drink with their fathers and brothers? If these girls came from broken families? If their relatives are on drug?

You can go to any given country, spend time with the lowest of the low, and then come home with bullshit stories on how the place felt empty and soulless. Does not make your observation any less flawed. The way to go about things is, when you meet a quality girl; go to her parents and get their assurance. Do the right thing. And then stay with these people long enough to figure out how much love, passion and soul they truly possess.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

OutWest wrote:
The question itself is amazingly arrogant. Especially so, coming from contemporary America, with such a vast percentage of the society living as corporate zombies, lives consisting of collections of brand impressions, neighborhoods filled with cookie cutter strip malls pedeling corporate crap food ( and coffee...yes Starbucks sucks) staffed with robots and people generally incapable of even articulating thought...
You say this like it's a bad thing :)

Actually this is a great description of where most of us are at in the West. I have about a year + left as a corporate zombie and have to expend large amounts of energy, as well as annual trips to the Philippines, to retain my soul and can't wait to rediscover it once we move.

You can criticize the Philippines on many levels, but being souless is definitely not one of them.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

OutWest wrote:
mentor wrote:
pete98146 wrote:

The question itself is amazingly arrogant. Especially so, coming from contemporary America, with such a vast percentage of the society living as corporate zombies, lives consisting of collections of brand impressions, neighborhoods filled with cookie cutter strip malls pedeling corporate crap food ( and coffee...yes Starbucks sucks) staffed with robots and people generally incapable of even articulating thought...and somehow, all this bull$hit is presumed to have a soul, compared to some little mama's sari sari store on Abellanosa St in Cagayan de Oro, where she knows her customers by name and has often extended credit to get a family through hard times.

Well even Michael Jordan used to shoot an airball or two. Agree. Pretty much an epic fail post/observation Winston!
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

pete98146 wrote:
OutWest wrote:
mentor wrote:
pete98146 wrote:

Well even Michael Jordan used to shoot an airball or two. Agree. Pretty much an epic fail post/observation Winston!
The original post is from 2011. We can let Winston go, the statute of limitations may have expired on this one....
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

OutWest wrote:
pete98146 wrote:
OutWest wrote:
mentor wrote:
pete98146 wrote:

LOL! Never even noticed. We'll start calling Mentor the "Grave Digger"!!! :)

The original post is from 2011. We can let Winston go, the statute of limitations may have expired on this one....
MR2
Freshman Poster

Post by MR2 »

OutWest wrote: The question itself is amazingly arrogant. Especially so, coming from contemporary America, with such a vast percentage of the society living as corporate zombies, lives consisting of collections of brand impressions, neighborhoods filled with cookie cutter strip malls pedeling corporate crap food ( and coffee...yes Starbucks sucks) staffed with robots and people generally incapable of even articulating thought...and somehow, all this bull$hit is presumed to have a soul, compared to some little mama's sari sari store on Abellanosa St in Cagayan de Oro, where she knows her customers by name and has often extended credit to get a family through hard times.

Angeles is not just hookers and bargirls; it is far from pathetic. If anything for me it is a step up. I think it is a much better place than my hometown of Memphis where murder, drive by shootings, bank robberies, and teenage gangs are all on the daily news. At least here I actually feel safe.

Hookers and bargirls are only a small... actually very small part of this city. Yes; most people here are connected to the bars, and nightlife in some way. But there is much more to this city than that.

I do agree though that most foreigners never stray too far from walking street unless they are heading to the popular SM mall which looks like your typical western mall. One trip to Nepo mall which is a filipino mall, or the market close by and I am the ONLY foreigner in the place. I never see any foreigners there.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

OutWest wrote:The original post is from 2011. We can let Winston go, the statute of limitations may have expired on this one....
Before we invoke the statute of limitations on this, let's not forget that Winston's latest posts, especially since he has gone to China, have been very negative towards the Philippines and Filipino people, and very positive towards China. I'm seeing quite a major shift, and a strong anti-Philippines bias. Judging by this soulless 2011 post, he's had some of the feelings before but it's getting stronger for some reason.

And all it took, apparently, was a few Chinese chicks spreading their legs for him (one of them turned out to be a total psycho but that didn't stop Winston lol), and Dianne having the audacity to not pay for Winston's expenses when she was poor as hell (primarily due to his own actions).

All in all: :roll:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
OutWest wrote:The original post is from 2011. We can let Winston go, the statute of limitations may have expired on this one....
Before we invoke the statute of limitations on this, let's not forget that Winston's latest posts, especially since he has gone to China, have been very negative towards the Philippines and Filipino people, and very positive towards China. I'm seeing quite a major shift, and a strong anti-Philippines bias. Judging by this soulless 2011 post, he's had some of the feelings before but it's getting stronger for some reason.

And all it took, apparently, was a few Chinese chicks spreading their legs for him (one of them turned out to be a total psycho but that didn't stop Winston lol), and Dianne having the audacity to not pay for Winston's expenses when she was poor as hell (primarily due to his own actions).

All in all: :roll:
All true....
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Do Filipinas have any passion or soul? I'm confused

Post by pete98146 »

He's just lucky he didn't knock up an American chick or he could add a extra zero onto those monthly demands :)

Big difference between $300 and $3000 a month!