Do you have to be a tuff guy to get chicks in SA?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do you have to be a tuff guy to get chicks in SA?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Tuff guy, white boyz, skater... OP is what, 14 years old? Disgraceful.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

you'll be surprised.. Latin Americans in Latin America are nothing like Hispanics in the U.S. Tattoos are not anywhere near as popular, and most of these guys really aren't the gangster/alpha male type you're imagining. In fact, the badass tough-guy act is not common at all down here. Most of these guys listen to the latin versions of N-sync and backstreet boys (Enrique Iglesias).
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

sentinel89 wrote:you'll be surprised.. Latin Americans in Latin America are nothing like Hispanics in the U.S. Tattoos are not anywhere near as popular, and most of these guys really aren't the gangster/alpha male type you're imagining. In fact, the badass tough-guy act is not common at all down here. Most of these guys listen to the latin versions of N-sync and backstreet boys (Enrique Iglesias).
Those thug/gangster guys definitely do exist in Latin America as well though. In the poorest areas lots of young guys are members of gangs and they rob people, deal drugs and have actual wars with rival gangs. And of course there are the drug cartels as well (especially in places like Mexico and Colombia). Again, it all depends on who you hang out with, where you go, etc. You can find all kinds of people in LA.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

You don't need to be tough, but it's best not to be effeminate in Latin America. Put some gel on well-cut hair, maybe have a bit of neatly trimmed facial hair, be sociable and don't be shy at all. But no need to overdo it. The average decent Latina won't like brutes or cholos with tattoos and ripped muscles.

I had absolutely no trouble getting Latinas as a non-effeminate Asian-American guy, but I have more trouble getting mainstream urban NE Asian women. Many Taiwanese, Japanese, and South Korean girls will prefer effeminate guys with boy band looks. More effeminate guys might do very well there, but not me.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Falcon wrote:You don't need to be tough, but it's best not to be effeminate in Latin America. Put some gel on well-cut hair, maybe have a bit of neatly trimmed facial hair, be sociable and don't be shy at all. But no need to overdo it. The average decent Latina won't like brutes or cholos with tattoos and ripped muscles.

I had absolutely no trouble getting Latinas as a non-effeminate Asian-American guy, but I have more trouble getting mainstream urban NE Asian women. Many Taiwanese, Japanese, and South Korean girls will prefer effeminate guys with boy band looks. More effeminate guys might do very well there, but not me.
I am noticing that more and more latin girls are into Asians these days. Youtube is full of videos like "What do Asian guys think of latinas?" or "Would and Asian guy date a latina?" and those videos have lots of views. Here is an example:

This girl is Peruvian (with a Mexican accent strangely enough) who lives in Korea.

This video was pretty funny (Koreans dance to latin musc) :D :

Here are some comments:
Desde hace mas de 6 años, que me enamore de lo Coreano. Mi sueño es poder conocer a un coreano.... Que suertuda eres Latina Saram. Felicidades!!
Translation: I have loved everything Korean for more than 6 years now. My dream is to meet a Korean guy. You are so lucky Latina Saram (girl who owns the Youtube channel). Congratulations!
porque los coreanos son tan jodidamente sexis :3 <3
Translation: Why are Korean guys so f***ing sexy??

:D :D :D
Last edited by chibolo on September 29th, 2015, 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

South Korean pop entertainment is popular in Peru and among many upper-middle-class Latina students.

I don't think I'd count myself as a typical Asian though.

Also in California and Texas, it's now quite common for Vietnamese, Cambodian, Laotian, and Filipino guys to date Latinas. Nobody bats an eye nowadays with these types of couples.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Falcon wrote:South Korean pop entertainment is popular in Peru and among many upper-middle-class Latina students.
It seems to be popular in lots of Latin countries. Here is a video from Colombia:

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

For many folks, it should be far easier to pull girls in South America than in Taiwan or Japan, who are among the most platonic, non-passionate, most uptight women I know. "Cold fish" is the phrase that comes to mind.

Central and South Americans are even more receptive to dating foreigners than Mexicans are, and I was still able to totally rock it out in Mexico.

OP you should do just fine.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

How would a European fare in Central or South America? I wonder about it from time to time, especially since it seems that light-skinned people get preferential treatment. I always thought it would be like that saying "A white man's chance in Harlem." That said, it seems that the places to worry about most are the ones that are very embroiled in the drug situation. Things seem to fly off somewhat frequently over there & then someone's either looking for someone to pin it on (potential frame-up, whether it makes sense or not) or someone to take out their aggression on (the different one). Or that you could just get caught in the fray, but that's true of anyone (although, you WOULD stand out a bit more if you don't look like you're from around there).
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Wolfeye wrote:How would a European fare in Central or South America? I wonder about it from time to time, especially since it seems that light-skinned people get preferential treatment. I always thought it would be like that saying "A white man's chance in Harlem." That said, it seems that the places to worry about most are the ones that are very embroiled in the drug situation. Things seem to fly off somewhat frequently over there & then someone's either looking for someone to pin it on (potential frame-up, whether it makes sense or not) or someone to take out their aggression on (the different one). Or that you could just get caught in the fray, but that's true of anyone (although, you WOULD stand out a bit more if you don't look like you're from around there).
I am European and I did pretty well in Peru. If you have blue/green eyes you will get a lot of compliments from women (even from men sometimes lol). Don't expect women to throw themselves at you just because you are white though.

Is Latin America dangerous? It depends a lot on the country. Some are very dangerous, like Venezuela or Honduras (some of the most violent countries in the world), maybe also the parts of Mexico where the drug cartels are active (but there are safe areas in Mexico too). Many other Latin countries are reasonably safe if you stay in safe areas and take some precautions.
skater
Freshman Poster

Post by skater »

I've never in my life seen an AM/LF couple...
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

skater wrote:I've never in my life seen an AM/LF couple...
You're in California. Mexicans in the US don't throw themselves at Anglo-Americans.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

chibolo: What parts of Mexico are safe & which are dangerous? What about the other countries? I've heard Argentina is currently pretty dangerous, even for the locals.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Wolfeye wrote:chibolo: What parts of Mexico are safe & which are dangerous? What about the other countries? I've heard Argentina is currently pretty dangerous, even for the locals.
I am no expert on Mexico (have only been there once and that was 12 years ago), but here is an article I found.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/is-it-saf ... ?r=US&IR=T

I have never been to Argentina, but I have also heard that many parts of the country are somewhat dangerous.

According to this article (in Spanish), the safest countries in Latin America are Costa Rica, Chile and Uruguay.

http://www.teletica.com/Noticias/47844- ... .note.aspx

The country that I personally know best is Peru (lived there for 6 years). That country is safe to visit (millions of tourists visit it every year) IF you stay in safe areas and take some precautions.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Peru has all kinds of mountains, right? That sounds interesting. Would you mind telling me more about it? I know you can't cover every eventuality, but I'd appreciate it if you got into some more detail.