Back in America for a few weeks

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Back in America for a few weeks

Post by droid »

Hey what's up guys, I came back from South America recently and will be writing the second part of the report (hopefully).
It's nice to be back in the states, it's very refreshing, for a change in scenery and language. I also enjoy service in America, it might be a bit fake
but taking care of customers is definitely an art form here. I opened an international bank account for my stash and the guy almost rolls a red carpet.

However, the change is very noticeable as far as seeing completely desolate streets and suburbs now, after so much time in the *crowded* streets of SAm.
If it wasn't for the next trip plans, depression would start setting in, since it's back to seeing overweight women and hordes of lone men.
In all fairness though, you do see very beautiful women here but they're too few and far in between.

I'll be here for a few more weeks, selling some stuff and getting my visas, and then finally I'M OFF TO VIETNAM :D :D :D
The pretty 18-22 year olds showing interest keep piling and piling up in Vietnam Cupid, it's absolutely ridiculous. But I'm a bit scared about the logistics, if
even just 10% of these girls turn out over there it's going to be very difficult to handle, without really pissing one of them off.
That's one kind of problem I'm really looking forward to :twisted:
Cheers
Last edited by droid on October 6th, 2015, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Re: Back in America for a few weeks

Post by The_Adventurer »

Have you read Single Man's paradise website? It has a bit of a monger aspect to it, but he also does dating through the websites in Vietnam. It has some useful info on staying safe and what not to do.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

The_Adventurer wrote:Have you read Single Man's paradise website?
In this post he compares dating in Thailand to dating in Vietnam-
http://singlemansparadise.com/dating-gi ... s-vietnam/

I am in Vietnam now. I do find a lot of what he writes to be very true. If you're looking for short term fun then go to Thailand. If you're looking for girls that are interested in a serious relationship then go to Vietnam.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Thanks guys, yeah I've seen that site. It's very informative but I'm a bit skeptical of that guy since he doesn't post any real pictures, but still worth reading.

I'm not really into one-night-stands like some guys, I don't mind having multiple dates with a girl to see if something happens, I really like the interaction and the attention and perhaps of course actual love, you never know, but it's not just about sex.
If I want instant gratification I just go the pros real quick.

That's why I think VN is better, girls are more conservative and they don't drink, which is a big plus for me. I would really enjoy the attention when dating several of those pretty girls or what not, even if they don't go "to my place on the first date", that doesn't really matter. I usually let a girl start showing sings of wanting it -if she really likes you-, i like the whole innuendo fun.

There's many places to see and a lot of different food to try, and what better way than to have some sweet and hopefully drama-free girls to do it with.
Having said that, I can't wait to have some of those 5'0" 90-pound spinners on top of me, man what thoughts come to mind too...

Look at these few, guys, it's unreal, and they're dozens (please don't quote me so i can pull the profile pics down)
ImageImageImage

On another note, the blog guy has a nice article on how to stay productive while traveling. This is important, since if you don't have a 9-5 job all the distractions can make you become too idle or dispersed.

http://singlemansparadise.com/how-to-st ... traveling/
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'd be curious to know how I'd do in Vietnam. I pretty much bombed in Thailand but did much better in China. Other guys see the opposite happening.

Maybe intelligence is a factor - intelligence isn't generally valued in Thailand, but it is in China.

My boss has a Vietnamese wife - he also speaks very good Vietnamese. It can be learnt, if you're dedicated.

As to going home, I think you appreciate your home country after you've been away for a few months. I'm now living in London, and there's everything I need here really.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

My boss has a Vietnamese wife - he also speaks very good Vietnamese. It can be learnt, if you're dedicated.
It's super easy, look at this:
http://www.123vietnamese.com
As to going home, I think you appreciate your home country after you've been away for a few months. I'm now living in London, and there's everything I need here really.
It's been good in the sense there are no distractions at all, while in SAm there was always someone calling to hang out, and one would be drooling at some many girls.
In this sense all this solace has been really good for the past couple weeks, I've been able to jump back to my computer projects and really focus and make some progress; I mean, doing it with the knowledge I have a way out soon, otherwise it would be really depressing, like I was saying.

Not to make a blanket statement, but this could in part be the reason for so much innovation in America, so many lone chumps having to sublimate with hobbies, etc.
Say, if Steve Wozniak had plenty of available girls and parties, I don't know if he would've built that computer in his garage. Just theorizing here lol
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Ghost wrote:I think that's a good point. That's perhaps the last thing the U.S. is good for - being a good place to grind and isolate so that you work on your goals without much interruption. There are a lot of ways to do that, but in the U.S. you don't have much to worry about from distractions (except the internet):

suburban life means you won't see anyone normally, dead-end jobs where no one there cares about you or invites you to do anything (usually), can't meet people in social places because everyone is paranoid and social places don't really exist in the U.S. anyway.
Exactly, living in the suburbs is about as exciting as watching cement dry. You don't see any humans, only people driving their cars. Everybody hides in their houses and people don't talk to their neighbors.

The only place to meet women is bars and clubs but the women in those places tend to be stuck up. That leaves online dating which is a nightmare for men. Women get hundreds of message a week compared to guys who get zero or one or two messages a month (from obese, hideous looking single mothers). :shock:

I am glad that droid made it back safe from his extended trip. Now he has something to look forward to, his next trip abroad. He will be bored to tears in the suburbs until he leaves for his next trip.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

jamesbond wrote:Exactly, living in the suburbs is about as exciting as watching cement dry
Lol

Here are some pictures I took of the depressing scene at a Dunking Donuts in the suburbs today. Like I've said before, lots of cars and hordes of lone men. I can laugh now since I'm leaving again soon :cry: :roll: :P :lol:

@MarcosZeitola: I know you don't believe us Marcos, but this is serious stuff, don't be too harsh on Americhumps that have spent a lifetime on these conditions.

There was another lone dude on another table on the left, but my hand is occluding him.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Ok it's two more weeks before I leave, i can't stand this anymore, depression has already started to sink in.
It's just lone chumps in bars, obese chicks, and old ladies here in suburban Florida. No offense to anyone but this is just too unbalanced.

Two more weeks to Vietnam! :P :P :P
Peaches, peaches peaches, I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches :P
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

So basically let's sample the world's women the way you sample food at a buffet. Hey, doesnt Anthony Bourdain, or whatever his name is, do that? Must be nice to get to do things like that. I'd almost be jealous, if God were not working for me.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Ghost wrote:How was the visa process, droid? I know it's not a visa-on-entry country for most Westerners. Did you apply for a tourist visa or a different one? Is it a full page sticker or a stamp?
I still haven't done it. I'm flying to Houston first to visit some family, and since most consulates are there I'll do it in person, which is fa$ter.
I don't want to risk flying first without proper paperwork.
Last edited by droid on November 24th, 2015, 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Adama wrote:So basically let's sample the world's women the way you sample food at a buffet. Hey, doesnt Anthony Bourdain, or whatever his name is, do that? Must be nice to get to do things like that. I'd almost be jealous, if God were not working for me.
I understand what you're saying; I think in this sense if there were more quality local women here I would've been married long long ago. Although now I somehow feel fortunate of how things have turned out, as far as having lots of freedom. It's a bad dynamic in that you try to make up for lost time.
But yeah love and stability are important, and you never know what might happen; I really fell in love with the hot Colombian girl and I almost threw all the plans out the window, but it ended up not working out with her.

Also, Anthony Bourdain samples the Booze mostly lol.
Adama wrote:if God were not working for me.
I have to comment, this pretty much makes your mindset evident, God is below you and his reality must fit your view according to a single book written by chumps, erh, men.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

droid wrote:
Adama wrote:So basically let's sample the world's women the way you sample food at a buffet. Hey, doesnt Anthony Bourdain, or whatever his name is, do that? Must be nice to get to do things like that. I'd almost be jealous, if God were not working for me.
I understand what you're saying; I think in this sense if there were more quality local women here I would've been married long long ago. Although now I somehow feel fortunate of how things have turned out, as far as having lots of freedom. It's a bad dynamic in that you try to make up for lost time.
But yeah love and stability are important, and you never know what might happen; I really fell in love with the hot Colombian girl and I almost threw all the plans out the window, but it ended up not working out with her.

Also, Anthony Bourdain samples the Booze mostly lol.
Adama wrote:if God were not working for me.
I have to comment, this pretty much makes your mindset evident, God is below you and his reality must fit your view according to a single book written by chumps, erh, men.
I was just messing with you a little bit. I know what it is like and how you feel.

No, God is not below me. He would not be God if that was the case. What I mean by my statement is that my woman will be God's choice, not my choice. It doesnt matter where in the world. He has gifts waiting for His children. That is why I do not worry. The man that finds a wife finds a good thing. Every good gift and every perfect gift comes from above, from the Father of Lights. That's what I mean by God is working for me. It is really Him doing the work. It is not me. If I had to rely on myself to do anything then it would not be done, because without God I am powerless. All power is derived from the Father. If I were to go out and try to do what you are doing, I would fail, because I would be pursuing it on my own, without our Father in heaven.

I hope this is clearly expressed for your understanding.

It also disturbs me how many atheists will jump to the most radical conclusion. I often wonder if they are truly that blind or if they simply hate God that much that any time a person mentions Him they go absolutely nuts and start looking at ways they can find to destroy an argument, even the most ridiculous ones. That is amazing to me.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.