What do you guys want in life?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

What do you guys want in life?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

We have members in various different age groups, so this is a bit of a broad question, but here goes: what is it you want in life? Where do you see yourself in the (near and distant) future, what are your main goals, and what are you currently doing to get there?

For me, my goal is to move and live successfully abroad and raise my family in a small, quiet town. Some place where kids can still run around, play and get dirty. Where there's animals everywhere, fresh, clean air, a good climate, nice food and a pleasant sense of community. There, I have the ambition to focus on my writing, hopefully get published one day. I'll write, create stories, and as the years go by I intend to grow old with my wife surrounded by a large and loving family. On occasion, I will travel, along with wife and family. Trips to the seaside, fishing trips, swimming. Maybe a stay in a resort every once in a while. The simple pleasures.

Surrounding myself with nice people, good food, having good drinks in good company and hopefully build up something beautiful and lasting. That is what I want in life. What do you want?
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What do you guys want in life?

Post by gsjackson »

As the oldest member of the forum, I guess it's a little ridiculous for me to have goals other than staying alive, but I do nonetheless. Marry a European wife, live most of the year over there, but winters frequently in Arizona. If she's from some FSU industrial shithole, as they say on the Roosh forum, I guess location is a negotiable detail. I'm setting up some websites that I hope will provide a regular income, and eventually allow me to self-publish some books I've been working on for a few years. A kid or two maybe, if I can afford them. And I hope to get back on the handball court and golf course after getting a new knee -- a large part of the allure of Arizona.

I'd also like to meet and get to know some intelligent people of good will. And generally, to be appreciated.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

To live in a good moral culture where people trust each other. And that means my Old Testament religion successfully forming a community.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

fschmidt wrote:To live in a good moral culture where people trust each other. And that means my Old Testament religion successfully forming a community.

The closest I have seen to what you describe were not Old Testament as such, they were the Mennonite communities and groups in Latin America.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

OutWest wrote:The closest I have seen to what you describe were not Old Testament as such, they were the Mennonite communities and groups in Latin America.
Yes I agree that these are good moral communities, but they don't work for me since I am not Christian.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

There's so much idealism in this thread.

Well I live in the world where I assume people are jerks so I just want to go with the flow.

It's nice constantly reinventing yourself, although some personality types think this is a horrific thought.

I am thoroughly enjoying my current life working in London's financial district. There's such a buzz about the place and it's fun to see city boys and girls strolling around like they are masters of the universe. The quality of woman here is off the scale.

I guess I should learn all I can about insurance then go off and find a decent expat job in Asia somewhere.

If I was 21 again I might consider a career as an underwriter. It's fairly interesting and it pays exceeding well.

Oh well if I go travelling again then I do now have the essential accessory for a long haul flight - Bose noise cancelling headphones.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

I want to pay off my debt and invest enough to have an income stream off of which I can travel perpetually. After that- I don't know. I'm so caught up with school that I really can't think long term specifics, I just want to survive. I'd like to open a clinic someday, likely in the Philippines, and do a lot of aid work and epidemiological research. I might even try to get a job at the CDC as a regional medical officer so I can just live overseas forever, all while pulling a decent six figure salary and helping to deal with epidemiological nightmares like HIV and tuberculosis.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I want to create a show that moves people the way my favourite shows moved me. I hope to create an epic on the level of Game of Thrones before I kick it. Making animation takes a long time, and being in my 40's I know there is only so much I can get done in one life.

I want to live in Asia somewhere. I am with Ghost on the problems with the Philippines. I would have to live in a very secure, walled off sky rise surrounded by guards with shotguns. And even then rent a separate room to take girls to. :)

More than likely I will live in Japan. If I cannot get any long term visa, as I have no plans to work for someone else, then I will make frequent trips to Philippines for what will essentially be "visa runs". I won't have to worry about keeping an eye on my stuff, because my main studio setup will be in Japan.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

MarcosZeitola wrote:We have members in various different age groups, so this is a bit of a broad question, but here goes: what is it you want in life? Where do you see yourself in the (near and distant) future, what are your main goals,
Far term goals just seem to be comedy for the gods, so ... near term goal is to be able to do a 1/3rd or more of my "grocery shopping" from the yard by fall '17.
MarcosZeitola wrote: and what are you currently doing to get there?
Getting materials together for raised beds, graduating from pots, and getting fruit shrubs & vines going for spring '16.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

My plan is encapsulated by the following ...

That's me, the mad scientist, and that's my lovely assistant/wife, Mel.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

I'd like to get married or else stay single but either way continue to get closer to living life on my own terms without feeling confined by the paradigms and social constructs of American society. Ideally, I'd like to marry a quality, dependable woman within the next 2 years, but if that is not in the cards, I'll probably resort to casual dating, sex, mini-relationships, etc to take care of that need while continuing forward with my design engineering stuff and my various hobbies involving music, travel, etc. I plan to get fluent in my Spanish, maybe learn some Portuguese, improve my dance skills, travel more through Mexico, South America, and Europe. I've already spent a good deal of time practicing and investigating the three major branches of Christianity, for now I'm sticking to my Protestant roots, but I continue to study and respect other religious people who are genuine and upright with their belief system.

I'm also currently learning to get more minimalist with my daily little expenses, cooking my own meals, saving nickels and dimes here and there, selling some of my old stuff. I can't quite justify the hardcore minimalist lifestyle, but I'm trying to get sort of minimalist-lite, I guess you could say.

I also intend to stay fit and healthy and maintain as much youthfulness and masculine energy as possible as I age through my 30s. Continue hitting the gym, taking vitamins, and staying on top of my health maintenance.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
.....what is it you want in life? Where do you see yourself in the (near and distant) future, what are your main goals, and what are you currently doing to get there?
What do you want?
In my case, all I wanted to do in my life was working out well, slowly but it did.

Comparing my situation as a young man in Europe, debts, alone, cold weather, unfriendly people around me and now in Japan, this is really a big difference.

I have wife and 2 adult daughters in Tokyo and also a fosterdaughter in Cebu, no problem at all with family.
I have 2 condominium units in Thailand for our vacation and retirement, I am financially secure since over 20 years, with savings, retirement allowance contract will start in 2017, healthy in general and still working full-time with good salary and with nice co-workers next to me, 6 weeks fully paid vacation, which makes it possible to travel to Thailand and Philippines 3 times a year.

I have my motorcycle to go around my place, health insurance cover for life, EU-citizen but holding permanent Japanese resident status, living in a fairly large house in Central Tokyo with no rent to pay and if I want something I go to the next shop and buy it.

At this moment I am very OK and in future too I hope, I will not miss anything.
I feel good now, very satisfied with my life so far. I am not really rich, but surely far away from being poor.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Some admirable stuff in the above visions.

For me, it's get fit, healthy and rich in the next three years.

After that, travel for adventure and do some good.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
skater
Freshman Poster

Post by skater »

I'm gonna be totally honest.. I just wanna f**k as much as I can.