Colombian Cupid > Tinder

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Colombian Cupid > Tinder

Post by sentinel89 »

I'm not going to spend anytime analyzing this into madness, but for some reason, the women I've met on Colombian Cupid are far better quality than the ones I've met on tinder in Bogota. I wouldn't say either are exactly wife material, but my hottest bangs have come from CC. I've also never been flaked on by a girl from CC, and they seem to be far more interested. They're just generally more pleasant and less of a pain in the ass.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Colombian Cupid > Tinder

Post by Adama »

sentinel89 wrote:I'm not going to spend anytime analyzing this into madness, but for some reason, the women I've met on Colombian Cupid are far better quality than the ones I've met on tinder in Bogota. I wouldn't say either are exactly wife material, but my hottest bangs have come from CC. I've also never been flaked on by a girl from CC, and they seem to be far more interested. They're just generally more pleasant and less of a pain in the a**.
So what is it that attracts the high quality women to one platform, and low quality women to the other?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

Adama wrote:
sentinel89 wrote:I'm not going to spend anytime analyzing this into madness, but for some reason, the women I've met on Colombian Cupid are far better quality than the ones I've met on tinder in Bogota. I wouldn't say either are exactly wife material, but my hottest bangs have come from CC. I've also never been flaked on by a girl from CC, and they seem to be far more interested. They're just generally more pleasant and less of a pain in the a**.
So what is it that attracts the high quality women to one platform, and low quality women to the other?
That's a good question. But, I said I am not going to analyze this into madness. :D
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

sentinel89 wrote:
Adama wrote:
That's a good question. But, I said I am not going to analyze this into madness. :D
Isn't that kinda like stumbling upon a goldmine but not wanting to do any digging? There might be a wealth of knowledge contained in this little gem. But why bother to really think about it in depth? That would totally be crazy, I mean completely bonkers. What kind of wackjob nutcase would bother with pondering such things? Carry on. Forget I even asked.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Post by mahadeveshwara »

I haven't tried Tinder down here yet, but I plan to. My sense is that the Cupid sites are older technology, so they draw more simple, less sophisticated people. And Tinder is more for the higher class, modern girls. But then again, more people have cell phones than computers down here, by far. I'm not sure if Tinder has really caught on outside of the big cities, or even in all of the big cities, but I guess I'll find out. :twisted:
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Post by mahadeveshwara »

In Latin America it's rather easy to meet people, especially for locals. So it's not like everyone is on online dating like in the US.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

mahadeveshwara wrote:In Latin America it's rather easy to meet people, especially for locals. So it's not like everyone is on online dating like in the US.
If you don't speak fluent Spanish, forget about it.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

Adama wrote:
sentinel89 wrote:
Adama wrote:
Isn't that kinda like stumbling upon a goldmine but not wanting to do any digging? There might be a wealth of knowledge contained in this little gem. But why bother to really think about it in depth? That would totally be crazy, I mean completely bonkers. What kind of wackjob nutcase would bother with pondering such things? Carry on. Forget I even asked.
Relax. As I said, it's a good question. It's relevant. But, sometimes it's much more enjoyable to discover the trends and roll with them, rather than try to solve the puzzle of the universe, don't you think so? If you want to take a stab at the question, then by all means. I'd like to hear what you think.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

mahadeveshwara wrote:I haven't tried Tinder down here yet, but I plan to. My sense is that the Cupid sites are older technology, so they draw more simple, less sophisticated people. And Tinder is more for the higher class, modern girls. But then again, more people have cell phones than computers down here, by far. I'm not sure if Tinder has really caught on outside of the big cities, or even in all of the big cities, but I guess I'll find out. :twisted:
That's a good point. I bought the $10 a month discovery feature, where you can swipe in any city in the world, and what I've found is that the hoes on tinder tend to be the most westernized in every region. They have descriptions written in English, and even use trendy American lingo and slang. It's a complete turn-off. They remind you of our domestic bitches.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

sentinel89 wrote:
mahadeveshwara wrote:I haven't tried Tinder down here yet, but I plan to. My sense is that the Cupid sites are older technology, so they draw more simple, less sophisticated people. And Tinder is more for the higher class, modern girls. But then again, more people have cell phones than computers down here, by far. I'm not sure if Tinder has really caught on outside of the big cities, or even in all of the big cities, but I guess I'll find out. :twisted:
That's a good point. I bought the $10 a month discovery feature, where you can swipe in any city in the world, and what I've found is that the hoes on tinder tend to be the most westernized in every region. They have descriptions written in English, and even use trendy American lingo and slang. It's a complete turn-off. They remind you of our domestic bitches.
I side with you here.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

sentinel89 wrote:
mahadeveshwara wrote:In Latin America it's rather easy to meet people, especially for locals. So it's not like everyone is on online dating like in the US.

Zona T, Calle 93. Even if you suck at Spanish it's okay. Have your translator (cell phone ap even) in your pocket).
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

travelsouth wrote:
sentinel89 wrote:

Zona T, Calle 93. Even if you suck at Spanish it's okay. Have your translator (cell phone ap even) in your pocket).
Parque 93 is worthless unless you're already going there with a date. Zona T is good.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

sentinel89 wrote:
travelsouth wrote:
sentinel89 wrote:

Parque 93 is worthless unless you're already going there with a date. Zona T is good.
Maybe I just got lucky when an office building cleared during an earthquake.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

I had a free trial subscription to Colombian Cupid, wasn't terribly impressed. Recently, I got Tinder Passport and started swiping in different areas. I'm still not super impressed with Bogota, Medellin... There were better looking girls in Mexico and Chile on Tinder.

Haven't hit the pavement there myself, but I'm beginning to sense that Colombia is overrated. Roosh V and lots of PUA types on his RVF board hype the hell out of Colombia. I think they like it because it's a player's paradise: loose women, sexually liberated culture, compact cities with good logistics, and very affordable. A lot of butter faces down there: busty/curvy bodies, but average faces, or just strange/exotic looks that I'm not accustomed to. A good amount of mullatos/African blood as well. I'm into white or white-amerindian mestizos with pretty faces. Various cities in Mexico had cute mestizo girls in spades, Mexico DF has amazing quantity. I also swiped in Santiago de Chile, wow!! Why have we not heard much about Chile? I guess my tastes are different..
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Post by mahadeveshwara »

So, I got on Tinder and there are more options there than on LAC for this out of the way place (Xela Guatemala). There were only 3 girls who had logged into LAC in the last week within 50 miles, and 10 in the last month. So conclusion is: this should provide more options in the future, especially in random places. Also it seems more random and not so much geared towards women who like foreigners.
fightforlove wrote: A lot of butter faces down there: busty/curvy bodies, but average faces, or just strange/exotic looks that I'm not accustomed to.
Ha, yeah I dated one of those. She was fun and we got along well but I haven't found the one that I'm ready to settle down with yet.

Colombia is definitely more of a party vibe than Central America. There are bars and salsa everywhere. And they love to party. So that's probably why foreigners like it so much. It's hard for me to generalize about the distribution of white/upper class girls vis a vis the general population. I suspect that exists everywhere down here. Manizales is more white/middle class but they seemed stuck up to me.

All I know is it's not that hard to find female company. I'm actually going to make a border run with a woman from Guatemala City. She said that "si vamos a viajar tan lejos juntos, tenemos q estar novios" jaja.