Latest troll attack

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Latest troll attack

Post by Cornfed »

Can someone please ban the female troll Eightfold Path, yick and whatever other alter egos she has. One might say it is an issue of free speech, but the difference with trolls is that they are not sincere and seek only to sabotage discussion. If this woman had made her own threads and stated her position I would have no objection, but this was not her goal. This is just another attack on the forum. Lets be a bit more proactive, eh.
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Re: Latest troll attack

Post by Eightfold Path »

Cornfed wrote:Can someone please ban the female troll Eightfold Path, yick and whatever other alter egos she has. One might say it is an issue of free speech, but the difference with trolls is that they are not sincere and seek only to sabotage discussion. If this woman had made her own threads and stated her position I would have no objection, but this was not her goal. This is just another attack on the forum. Lets be a bit more proactive, eh.
Hm. I've actually been having private chats with the 1% of HA that have been H, A. You realise that you're one of the site's biggest trolls? I'm pretty sure the black userbase does not enjoy being told that they're savage simians who do everything wrong and cause all the world's problems. Why don't you give examples of when I've trolled, instead of being misogynist with your "she said" tripe? Provide evidence! Of course, your troll status isn't even disputable. Food for thought.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I do agree multiple account users should be banned. This isn't a conflict with free speech. They can use one account and still say whatever they want. I'm not sure if Eightfold Path / Yick is the same user but I did see two comments from both of them one after another in my recent thread.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:Can someone please ban the female troll Eightfold Path...
I am not sure if this troll is a female, but for sure it's a troll, claiming to be a Buddhist, but has no idea about this religion.

Clearly different from Adama, who is for real, but a Christian bigot.
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Post by Eightfold Path »

Yohan wrote:. . . claiming to be a Buddhist, but has no idea about this religion.
I'm beginning to think you and Adama might be related. The same way he failed to provide proof is what will cast the spotlight in your direction. Watch.

Can you link me to a post where I claimed to be Buddhist?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Eightfold Path is not a troll, IMO. You may question this persons motives for being here, but a classic troll would not put so much effort in posting, making over a hundred posts in less then a week on a rather obscure forum such as HappierAbroad. The posts are occasionally thought-provoking, are critical in tone, and go against the current. This alone does not make one a troll.

A critic, a reactionary, sure. But not a troll. And lets not pretend our community does not profit from someone who dares shake things up a little. Too many "yes and amen" threads make the forum read as a boy scouts meeting.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Eightfold Path wrote:
Yohan wrote:. . . claiming to be a Buddhist, but has no idea about this religion.
I'm beginning to think you and Adama might be related. The same way he failed to provide proof is what will cast the spotlight in your direction. Watch. Can you link me to a post where I claimed to be Buddhist?
A person who complains about atrocities of Christians and Muslims, but ignores and denies certain atrocities only because they were committed by Buddhists can be only a Buddhist himself - or your comment is a troll-posting.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:...a classic troll would not put so much effort in posting, making over a hundred posts in less then a week
Not sure if this is correct. Trolls often make 30 to 50 reasonable comments at the beginning to be 'trusted' and are starting later on to pick out other members and attack them with absurd arguments.

Read back the last comments from this troll to me and to Adama.
If not banned, such trolls make again 30 to 50 reasonable comments and start to pick out another member again.

Cornfed said, this troll might be a woman. Likely living somewhere in USA. Maybe true, a female sitting at home, bored and playing with a computer - something like that.

You might think about Cornfed whatever, but he is not a troll, Adama is not a troll, but something is strange with this 'Eightfold Path'.
Laboratory Mouse
Freshman Poster

Post by Laboratory Mouse »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Eightfold Path is not a troll, IMO. You may question this persons motives for being here, but a classic troll would not put so much effort in posting, making over a hundred posts in less then a week on a rather obscure forum such as HappierAbroad. The posts are occasionally thought-provoking, are critical in tone, and go against the current. This alone does not make one a troll.

A critic, a reactionary, sure. But not a troll. And lets not pretend our community does not profit from someone who dares shake things up a little. Too many "yes and amen" threads make the forum read as a boy scouts meeting.
You. You 100%.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Eightfold Path is not a troll, IMO. You may question this persons motives for being here, but a classic troll would not put so much effort in posting, making over a hundred posts in less then a week on a rather obscure forum such as HappierAbroad.
Posting a lot is perfectly common for trolls. However, their posts tend to be generic, particularly generic objections, without containing much in the way of specific points or original content. They are easy to spot once you are attuned to them. Esoteric forums tend to get a lot of paid trolls and freelance attention whores.
Laboratory Mouse
Freshman Poster

Post by Laboratory Mouse »

Cornfed wrote:Posting a lot is perfectly common for trolls. However, their posts tend to be generic, particularly generic objections, without containing much in the way of specific points or original content. They are easy to spot once you are attuned to them. Esoteric forums tend to get a lot of paid trolls and freelance attention whores.
Talk about irony.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Moderators here can't really look into issues like this one because we can't see user emails and IPs. So Winston has to handle this.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

We realize that the sudden influx of new members and seemingly innocuous new posts should cause us to brace ourselves for a fierce troll attack, right?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:Eightfold Path is not a troll, IMO. You may question this persons motives for being here, but a classic troll would not put so much effort in posting, making over a hundred posts in less then a week on a rather obscure forum such as HappierAbroad.
Posting a lot is perfectly common for trolls. However, their posts tend to be generic, particularly generic objections, without containing much in the way of specific points or original content. They are easy to spot once you are attuned to them. Esoteric forums tend to get a lot of paid trolls and freelance attention whores.
Paid trolls? Yeah. the Illuminati are totally paying trolls to go and harass the two dozen or so regular posters here :roll:

Believe it or not there's a fairly large group of us that believe that there are a good number of reasons to be happier abroad, but disagree with certain aspects of the prevailing thought around here. And those of us that disagree seem to be the happier and more accomplished among us, so there's that...