Deleting Facebook

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Deleting Facebook

Post by sentinel89 »

Are there any formerly active facebook users who permanently deleted their facebook and haven't recreated one since? Is your life better without seeing all the trash and nonsense on your news feed, or do you miss connections that you had with friends on there?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Deleting Facebook

Post by Yohan »

I never used facebook and do not miss it at all. There are other possibilities to stay in contact with friends, like email, skype etc.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

I was on FB some years ago but I was only on it for a month. I don't get the love affair people have with it. Vastly overrated.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I keep it to stay in touch with relatives and friends abroad and see what they're up to. Some of them moved to America, Asia, I don't see them in years. It's fun to see where life is taking them, who got married, who had a kid, who went on a journey across the world, or graduated university. And when my wife and I are in different parts of the world, we use Facebook's excellent videochat function to replace our ailing Skype.

Facebook has become, to me and various other long-term users, some sort of digital photo album. There's a lot of memories there. If you want to delete it, you better delete it early on. The longer you wait, the harder it becomes. Right now I'm probably looking at a lifetime thing, haha.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Part of me hates FB, but on the other hand, I get to check up on former classmates who I would otherwise never get to see or hear from, since we are not close friends. Some guys I like but would never really bother hanging out with.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Never used it. It makes you depressed which, after studying myself, I can see.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Blue Murder wrote:Never used it. It makes you depressed which, after studying myself, I can see.
Each of these men have wives and children already, some for 5 - 10 years plus. Nobody complaining of child support or divorce at all. I don't know how that is possible, considering the divorce rate is 60%. I see the only men who have to pay child support are the ones who made children with women they werent married to, and who are from a fatherless background themselves.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

Yohan wrote:I never used facebook and do not miss it at all. There are other possibilities to stay in contact with friends, like email, skype etc.
I agree
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

Ghost wrote:I'm slowly replacing most of my "friends" (who I gathered over the years from school and work - though I have nothing in common with them) with foreign friends and acquaintances. Facebook can be a good place to find Filipina friends. Definitely applicable to foreign dating, so I'm not getting rid of mine.
Out of curiousity, how do you find filipina friends on facebook?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

sentinel89 wrote:
Ghost wrote:I'm slowly replacing most of my "friends" (who I gathered over the years from school and work - though I have nothing in common with them) with foreign friends and acquaintances. Facebook can be a good place to find Filipina friends. Definitely applicable to foreign dating, so I'm not getting rid of mine.
Out of curiousity, how do you find filipina friends on facebook?
You're kidding, right? If you have 1 Filipina friend on FB pretty soon you will have many :)

Not only that, your friends will end up with Filipina friends. My buddy asked me a few years ago - "Dave - how come this 21 year old from the Philippines, who is a friend of yours, is trying to friend me. It's some kind of scam, right?"

He's now married to a Filipina.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Balmung
Freshman Poster

Post by Balmung »

Ghost wrote:
davewe wrote:
You're kidding, right? If you have 1 Filipina friend on FB pretty soon you will have many :)

Not only that, your friends will end up with Filipina friends. My buddy asked me a few years ago - "Dave - how come this 21 year old from the Philippines, who is a friend of yours, is trying to friend me. It's some kind of scam, right?"

He's now married to a Filipina.
Ain't that the truth! :lol:
Since I've started a relationship with a Filipina, my FB feed has slowly shifted to more and more Filipinas taking selfies, updates on Ms Pastillas and Vice Ganda, and assorted chatter in Hiligaynon. :lol: