Is the 20 percent getting 80 percent a myth?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Is the 20 percent getting 80 percent a myth?

Post by drronnie »

Many men are complaining that in today's dating scene most men go empty handed as 80 percent of the women want the top 20 percent of the guys. Even though I have pretty much difficulty in the dating game I think that figure is too extreme because I see most average looking guys are in relationships.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is the 20 percent getting 80 percent a myth?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

It's a myth, yes. I won't say it is 50-50, but 45-55 seems more reasonable. There aren't THAT many hopeless guys out there, or else this website and the grass eater-MGTOW movement would be way, waaaaay more popular then it is now.

There are probably hundreds of thousands of guys into PUA shit, MGTOW, import brides, you name it. But not millions. And certainly not tens of millions.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

The real answer is that no one knows. And we will never know because most people don't want to know. Most guys who can't get women are too embarrassed to admit it. In my experience, the 80/20 rules seems about right, but I am not going to generalize that to the whole population. I personally couldn't have dated the ugliest woman in America, my experience was universal rejection.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

drronnie wrote:Many men are complaining that in today's dating scene most men go empty handed as 80 percent of the women want the top 20 percent of the guys. Even though I have pretty much difficulty in the dating game I think that figure is too extreme because I see most average looking guys are in relationships.
It depends about which country we are talking, about which region (rural/urban) and about which age range of these women.

I think, in Continental/Western Europe this 80:20 for 18 to 35 old women in the larger cities is a good estimate out of my own experience.

Out of 10 women about 8 are running after 2 guys (who are rich, extremely sporty, criminals, conmans or are otherwise different from other ordinary men) and the other 8 men are rejected. It sounds very reasonable for me, that's the reality.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

There are lots of women who are out of the dating scene, I know of women who have been single for years.

They don't need a man - that seems to hurt some people on here but they are 'going their own way'. They could get a man if they wanted to, attractive, intelligent and young. They just don't want to.

It isn't western civilisation or the Anglosphere, in the good old days when working people (especially women) needed a family unit to survive - people got married, nowadays, women can live and prosper on their own - not just in the west, also in places like Japan, Taiwan - anywhere where there is wealth are women who are not interested in dating, marrying or men in general. In poorer countries like Philippines and Indonesia - marriage is a way out of poverty and that why it is easier to find a wife there than it is in Taiwan.

I think a lot of you fellas need to micro-focus on this - most of these women would never date you, nor are they compatible with you - you need to find one good woman to be truly happy and that means getting out there, self improvement, learning new skills, seeing new places - rest assured you will find someone and if you are abroad already - learn the damn language.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

yick wrote:There are lots of women who are out of the dating scene, I know of women who have been single for years.

They don't need a man - that seems to hurt some people on here but they are 'going their own way'. They could get a man if they wanted to, attractive, intelligent and young. They just don't want to.

It isn't western civilisation or the Anglosphere, in the good old days when working people (especially women) needed a family unit to survive - people got married, nowadays, women can live and prosper on their own - not just in the west, also in places like Japan, Taiwan - anywhere where there is wealth are women who are not interested in dating, marrying or men in general. In poorer countries like Philippines and Indonesia - marriage is a way out of poverty and that why it is easier to find a wife there than it is in Taiwan.

I think a lot of you fellas need to micro-focus on this - most of these women would never date you, nor are they compatible with you - you need to find one good woman to be truly happy and that means getting out there, self improvement, learning new skills, seeing new places - rest assured you will find someone and if you are abroad already - learn the damn language.
Steve Hoca was talking about a dating limbo. This means that women in good jobs are not into dating. They
certainly have lots of f**k buddies who are hot and fun guys. The notion is that all you need to have a decent job and be a gentleman to be attractive to women does not see to cut it anymore
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

MarcosZeitola wrote:It's a myth, yes. I won't say it is 50-50, but 45-55 seems more reasonable. There aren't THAT many hopeless guys out there, or else this website and the grass eater-MGTOW movement would be way, waaaaay more popular then it is now.

There are probably hundreds of thousands of guys into PUA shit, MGTOW, import brides, you name it. But not millions. And certainly not tens of millions.
Bingo :)
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

There now seems to be concrete proof that this is true.

"Unlike I thought, 240 of the 300 girls actually had sex through tinder! Only less than 50 of the 300 men, which is remarkable."
http://www.girlsaskguys.com/sexual-beha ... mash-a-lot

Let us pray that all members of this culture die as soon as possible.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

fschmidt wrote:There now seems to be concrete proof that this is true.

"Unlike I thought, 240 of the 300 girls actually had sex through tinder! Only less than 50 of the 300 men, which is remarkable."
Yes, there has been studies done that show 20% of the men in America are sleeping with 80% of the women! :shock:

Time to abandon the ship called the USA and head for greener pastures like Thailand, the Philippines, Brazil, Ukraine and Russia where the dating culture actually favors men and it's the women who have to compete for male attention. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

fschmidt wrote:There now seems to be concrete proof that this is true.

Let us pray that all members of this culture die as soon as possible.
Tinder would be a self selecting set. I'm not sure how the sluts and manwhores on tinder exactly translates to the general population, but I would expect that the extremes are watered down considerably.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

drronnie wrote:Many men are complaining that in today's dating scene most men go empty handed as 80 percent of the women want the top 20 percent of the guys. Even though I have pretty much difficulty in the dating game I think that figure is too extreme because I see most average looking guys are in relationships.

The proof is right in front of your eyes.

Isnt it amazing how there is so much information in life, that our brains must choose what to focus on? There could be a wealth of information right in front of you, but because there is so much going on in life, and because of our own pre-existing beliefs, we can not see the truth that is right before us in many cases.

Open your eyes to see. Recognize that there is a way. Once you believe there is a way, your mind will work it out automatically for you. However, if you convince yourself there is no way possible, your mind will also figure out a way for that to become true also.

The men who get women are the men who know how to get women. That's an obvious statement, but it needs to be said, doesnt it? The men who never learned , figured it must be impossible. Therefore they quit. Believe, then open your eyes. Your mind will work it out for you.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yohan wrote:
Out of 10 women about 8 are running after 2 guys (who are rich, extremely sporty, criminals, conmans or are otherwise different from other ordinary men) and the other 8 men are rejected. It sounds very reasonable for me, that's the reality.
You can say it is because those men are evil, or maybe those men just know how to treat and talk to women. It isnt that they are evil per se. It is that they know how to handle women, while most men don't. So if 20% of men know how to deal with women, while 80% of men do not, it doesnt make those 20% of men worthless or evil. It just means they know what they are doing while the majority of men are clueless.

But I do not believe in such extremes as eight women going after two men. I just think that it seems that way. It can not be true though, because every child would be the product of a single parent or a harem, rather than having two parents. Since we know that 50% of couples stay together, we can eliminate the possibility of the 80-20 rule.

It's this kind of fallacious, universal negative attribution that causes depression. It's a trap. Don't let your mind convince you things are bleak. Then you have given up, because your mind has already determined it isnt worth it.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

fschmidt wrote:The real answer is that no one knows. And we will never know because most people don't want to know. Most guys who can't get women are too embarrassed to admit it. In my experience, the 80/20 rules seems about right, but I am not going to generalize that to the whole population. I personally couldn't have dated the ugliest woman in America, my experience was universal rejection.
I would not base anything on how unattractive women treat me. Unattractive women are rejected already, not by the man, but by themselves. They know what they look like, and since they have defective minds just like many men, they really do not value themselves. Yes, they let their outsides affect their insides. A person with low self esteem such as this isnt qualified to make good judgment. You'll recognize that many feminists are very unattractive. You have to wonder why. An unattractive woman can still get plenty of men. So it is about whatever mental processes go on in the minds of unattractive women. That has nothing to do with any man. It has to do with them not being able to get over the fact that they aren't pretty, and they are pissed off about it. But it doesnt affect their ability to get men. They really have little reason to be angry, because even though they are not blessed with beauty, they still get men. That way you know it is because they themselves can not get over their own lack of beauty (while most men would take them despite their beauty or could even learn to love their looks).
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I read it was true and they figure woman are much more successful at spreading their genes than males. Women decide who they have children with and they look for better features. I believe they may have DNA testing to back this up to where most of the gene pool varies by more female genes
Last edited by Moretorque on November 4th, 2015, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!