Chinese sexual revolution

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Chinese sexual revolution

Post by sentinel89 »

The sexual revolution in the west is what caused the dystopia that we have today. It's the reason we need to go to foreign countries to find decent women. Is China on the same trajectory? Read this article from 2012:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-incr ... ion-2012-8

The article does mention that there's still a strong element of conservatism in China..

So for you guys who have a lot of experience in China and have a decent understanding of its culture, what do you think? Will China be the same as the west in terms of the dystopia between male and female romantic relationships, perhaps in the near future?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Chinese sexual revolution

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Ghost wrote:If China ever went democratic, then it probably would become much more like Korea or Japan. However, even with resisting democracy, they face a lot of problems. It still could become a MGTOW nation like Japan, given the pressures placed on the young there. I teach at a university in China right now, and I'm hearing this fairly frequently from my students: they want freer lives, less stress, less pressure. Plenty don't want kids or only want one. They are far more focused on money and possessions than family, and they realize that family is a huge pressure. I doubt misandrist laws will take root there - China has actually done the opposite, making divorces benefit the man. That alone isn't enough to solve its problems, though. Much remains to be seen.
This sounds like things are actually not improving at all, rather they get worse.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:This sounds like things are actually not improving at all, rather they get worse.
:?: Yeah obviously.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

The way I see it is that east Asia is the last world's last pro-male stronghold, besides the Middle East of course which is off limits to us in terms of pursuing women. Latin America is even more promiscuous and degenerate than the West, it just so happens that there's a ton of hot women there. Most people, including myself, don't find African women to be attractive.. So what's left?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Ghost wrote:Obviously. The whole world is going to shit. But the sad/crazy thing is that China is trying harder than most. Japan will eventually disappear completely. China will remain, but take a huge dive economically, socially, and culturally.
Is there any place that we can realistically expect to remain somewhat stable?
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Ghost wrote:Depends on what you mean by stable. In the future that earth is heading towards, stable might mean, "hasn't completely died out" or "hasn't gone full-on totalitarian."
Lets go by the definition of "hasn't completely died out", which countries would this include in your opinion?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

sentinel89 wrote:The sexual revolution in the west is what caused the dystopia that we have today. It's the reason we need to go to foreign countries to find decent women. Is China on the same trajectory?
I don't think, the Chinese government is creating a society, which makes women and girls superior to men and boys like it is in Western countries.

The new Chinese property law is protecting clearly men and their parents against malicious women in case of marriage/divorce.

Parents have still rights regarding disciplining their children. About justice in China it is known that women committing serious crimes including dealing with drugs get the same bullet through their brain as men. I do not see many Chinese women as politicians either. Just a few examples.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a western documentary about China's sexual revolution. It has a western bias and exaggeration to it. Plus they only show "sexual liberation" in Beijing, not the rest of China. Frankly, I was in China for 7 months and never saw any of this, though I didn't go to Beijing. So perhaps the rest of China isn't like this. The women I met in China were mostly conservative, prim and proper, and with traditional values. They also sought marriage and were not "liberated". And they were down to earth and very feminine of course. But none of them ever talked like the ones in this weird documentary. This is probably a case of Western cherry picking that does not represent average or typical Chinese women at all. Also, I never saw any kissing or making out - aka "public displays of affection" - between couples in China out in public. So where did they get that?!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMzpQYOvJY8[/youtube]

Description:

Revolution and its sizzling Economic Revolution. But you haven't heard about its other great social upheaval - the Chinese Sexual Revolution - and like everything in that country it's happening at warp speed. It's China's version of the 60s revolution - on steroids.

China's Sexual Revolution is the world's first glimpse - often using secret cameras - into this forbidden new China. It's a surprising portrait of the Chinese today: the new free love generation that's left their parents in shock; the booming sex industry that's creating an HIV crisis; the new generation of career women and feminists that suddenly wants it all - while millions of men feel left out.

This long untold story goes back to the days of Chairman Mao, who made sexuality a great taboo. He ordered everyone to wear unisexual Mao suits, and forbid women from wearing sexy clothing, getting stylish haircuts, or even wearing make-up. Men and women were expected to be comrades - not lovers - though Mao himself enjoyed an emperor's sex life, seeking virgins to retain his "youthö".

China's sexual libido was bottled up for 50 years, but now its bursting loose, with dramatic effects on marriage, personal freedom and the government itself.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Please don't even mention sexual revolution in China, please God. No.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Ghost wrote:If China ever went democratic, then it probably would become much more like Korea or Japan. However, even with resisting democracy, they face a lot of problems. It still could become a MGTOW nation like Japan, given the pressures placed on the young there. I teach at a university in China right now, and I'm hearing this fairly frequently from my students: they want freer lives, less stress, less pressure. Plenty don't want kids or only want one. They are far more focused on money and possessions than family, and they realize that family is a huge pressure. I doubt misandrist laws will take root there - China has actually done the opposite, making divorces benefit the man. That alone isn't enough to solve its problems, though. Much remains to be seen.
This is very interesting information, nice to read this.