Winston in China! Updates and Photos

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
AsiaHand
Freshman Poster

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Post by AsiaHand »

I completely disagree. 80% of the women Winston has posted pics of, and with whom he claims to have dated, are not at all attractive, particularly when he was in the Phils, but to be honest, he hasn't pulled all that well in China either. Many look 'manly' indeed. He does post those dating site pics, but he isn't seeing those women, and the majority of those, especially from AFA, are photoshopped, particularly their tits.

Ghost wrote:Well, Great Leader, I've seen a lot of these girls you've met of course, and I've found most of them attractive. There are the odd ones out, sure, but most of them are anywhere from cute to pretty to hot. A couple of plain or masculine looking ones too, but those are the exceptions.

Now it could be that I don't have "high standards." But it could also be that being constantly surrounded by beautiful women gradually increases your standards over time. I mean, we know how guys in the U.S. are constantly surrounded by ugly bitches, and that they lower their standards over time. I think the opposite thing is happening here. Or at least it's possible.

Maybe I'm just lucky that it hasn't quite happened to me yet. But then, I'm far from dating paradise unlike you. Hahaha.

Remember my rating scale for women, Winston? How I don't use the 1-10 scale? I think that allows me a lot more flexibility in how I view women, from short term women to potential wife material. And you have to consider everything else besides looks too. If you can find a wonderful, genuine girl who would clearly make a great wife and mother, then perhaps you can give her a slight slide in the attractiveness area. Remember the hotter the girl the less loyal, sane, and genuine she is.

You could marry the good-girl-but-not-hot type and then have a mistress on the side. Hahahaha.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

AsiaHand wrote:I completely disagree. 80% of the women Winston has posted pics of, and with whom he claims to have dated, are not at all attractive, particularly when he was in the Phils, but to be honest, he hasn't pulled all that well in China either. Many look 'manly' indeed. He does post those dating site pics, but he isn't seeing those women, and the majority of those, especially from AFA, are photoshopped, particularly their breasts.
Sorry man. You are totally wrong. Firstly, ive only posted a small percentage of the girls in china i met. Most of the pics were sent to my Wechat HA groups. Chinese women and girls are super feminine. Ive never seen a manly or masculine female here. You must have vision problems. Secondly, im doing well here in that im dating normal girls with jobs, not whores and leeches and bar girls like i did in the Philippines. So im definitely dating higher quality girls here. So the dating experience is more authentic and true here, not based on economic need.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Get this. Last night, my girlfriend Hami, the acupuncture apprentice im dating in Shenzhen, wanted me to treat her two friends to dinner yesterday. She said it was chinese custom for a boyfriend to treat his girlfriends friends. I refused so she paid everything herself. Came out to 300 RMB. I told her to treat them at saizeria or a normal chinese restaurant which would have only cost 150 RMB or so, but she didnt listen. She has no money for riding the metro either so she is reckless in her decisions even when she has no money to spare.

What i hate is that she has zero skills when it comes to frugality. She wastes her money and mine. And she gets upset when i correct her or countermand her wishes to spend frivolously on unnecessary things that dont even get used or consumed.

For example, she bought me and ian a bunch of sugar canes which we didnt want. Ian chewed some of it, but most of it went to waste. And last night she had me buy her friend an expensive bottle of water at KTV that she never even opened or drank. And she kept pestering me to upgrade our KTV package by 30 RMB to include a larger sized fruit plate. I kept telling her that our standard fruit plate was more than enough for the four of us. It turned out that i was RIGHT, and she admitted it.

Now i am not miserly. I often waste money on junk food and snacks and will spend higher prices at expensive restaurants if the value is good. However the problem with hami is that she often spends frivolously without thinking, and often ends up buying unnecessary things that dont get used or consumed. That i find very annoying.

She also has no ability to bargain prices, unlike many chinese women, and feels that bargaining is rude. She believes that one should consider the sellers needs first.

She keeps trying to guilt trip me by saying that real men dont care about saving money on little things, they usually prefer to focus on larger issues. However, what she doesn't realize is that: Firstly, wasting money on little things over time adds up to a lot. Secondly, people who hate wasting money usually have MORE money than people who dont mind wasting money and have no conscience about it, all else being equal of course.

It seems her mentality is opposite of mine in this area. Do you think her habits can change? Her mentality seems more Russian than Chinese, because this is how Russians think too. But Russians are not good with efficiency it seems. After all they incurred more casualties during WW2 than all other nations combined. And they failed to capture Afghanistan during the 10 years that they invaded it, whereas the US military captured it in only about a week. Yet ironically, in spite of that, Russians have produced the best chess players in the world and great works of literature as well as the most devious calculating scammers. Go figure.

Anyhow i told hami that there are two ways of making money. One is by making a lot of it. The other is by saving it frugally and skillfully. She said she prefers the former, and wishes that i was a big money maker who didnt mind spending frivolously like she does. Her mentality is weird. I dont get it.

She does have a good heart and is kind though. Other than that, i dont know if she can change her reckless spending habits. She certainly doesnt manage money well, and she is stubborn about it.

She also told me that chinese men usually buy gifts for their girlfriends once a week and give them pocket money to spend. That sounds like bullshit though. Women always try to use local customs to manipulate men and always tell men that all other women are the same as them, which is untrue and inaccurate. I hate such false assumptions.

I guess shes not as innocent and wholesome as i thought. Or maybe she just has a different mentality that is the inverse of mine. What do you think?

One good thing about hami though, is that she will apologize when she is wrong or ought to. And she confesses her mistakes most of the time. So that is a good thing in addition to her kindness and good heartedness.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote: .....She said it was chinese custom for a boyfriend to treat his girlfriends friends. I refused so she paid everything herself. Came out to 300 RMB.

She also has no ability to bargain prices, unlike many chinese women, and feels that bargaining is rude. She believes that one should consider the sellers needs first.

... i dont know if she can change her reckless spending habits. She certainly doesnt manage money well, and she is stubborn about it.

She also told me that chinese men usually buy gifts for their girlfriends once a week and give them pocket money to spend. That sounds like bullshit though.
300 RMB are less than USD 50,- for a dinner for 4 people? This sounds to me very modest. This is not much money. I wouldn't care that little sum and enjoy to talk with her friends too. It could be a nice evening.

However what nonsense is that?
Chinese men buy gifts and give pocket money? I hear this stupid talk frequently from Thai women too. Chinese women in some parts in China are often reacting similar to Thai girls, who are frequently of Chinese origin in Southern Thailand and Bangkok (Hakka, Hokkien).

The man pays for everything...

Does not really sound superior behavior to me when comparing those Chinese girls and Thai girls with inferior Filipinas.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

"Secondly, im doing well here in that im dating normal girls with jobs, not whores and leeches and bar girls like i did in the Philippines. So im definitely dating higher quality girls here. So the dating experience is more authentic and true here, not based on economic need."

So why are you with a girl who treats you like an ATM machine and is financially irresponsible.
Also how can you call a girl good hearted and kind when she sounds more like a whore with her financial demands.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

The problem is not the spending pattern and leeching attempts, but her stubbornness. If she apologizes but the behavior still doesn't change, then you have a red flag.
Treating her friends to >$5 dinner too? haha they would have to s****** my load. No giving without receiving. So it depends, it's not black and white, if she were a "10" and amazing in bed and generally complaisant, spending a couple hundred a month on her would be Ok I guess lol.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Sounds to me winston complaining .dump her and move on
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well my girl's behavior has improved. She sees the error of her ways and is sorry for it. But she cannot help that she's materialistic and addicted to shopping like an adrenaline rush. She knows its wrong and bad, so she has a conscience. We've decided to compromise and come to a middle ground, where I be a little more generous and she be a little less materialistic. It works.

Btw, 50 percent of Chinese women I've gone out with have treated me to dinner or meals. So yes Yohan, Chinese women are very different than Filipinos in many ways. Filipinos don't treat me, ever, no matter how many times I treat them. They have no shame or fairness. So my point still stands.

My girl's friends treated me to an expensive dinner at a vegetarian restaurant the other day. She told me that in China, people take turns treating each other. They don't go Dutch. That's the custom. I told her that in the Philippines, the foreigners or overseas Filipinos pay 100 percent of the time for meals with local Filipinos. There is no taking turns. No way. Also, Rock and Ethan_sg sometimes joke about how Chinese give red envelope money to each other, but Filipinos never do. LOL

Btw everyone, I'm going back to America tomorrow for a month to visit family and take care of some stuff too, and also to rest and recuperate. So I will update you all from there. I am tired of traveling and need some recuperation time in a comfortable setting. I've been traveling in China since July and need a break. I can't even get work done in China because there are so many distractions and it's hard to focus in a hotel room for some reason. I don't think Beethoven or Mozart could compose their symphonies well in hotel rooms with noise outside. lol. I also need a change of scenery once in a while. Staying in one place too long gets stale. I need the stimulation of a new place once in a while. Too much of even a good thing or good place like China can get old. As the song by Chicago called "Hard to say I'm sorry" goes "Even lovers need a holiday, far away from each other......." Besides, going back to the states once in a while makes you appreciate being abroad more. After all, you can't appreciate something unless you see its contrast, just like you can't appreciate light or good health without seeing its opposite, etc.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi everyone,
Im at the airport now in hong kong waiting for my flight to korea. Wow the food here is such a ripoff. But the wifi at this airport is so fast. Ive never seen my forum load up so fast before.

I am thinking of you all. Wish youd all bring a little more positivity in this forum. The negativity here is too extreme. There needs to be some balance. Just as focusing only on the positive is fake and denialistic, so too is only focusing on the negative. A positive attitude cult may be delusional and BS, but so can a negative attitude cult as well, which we seem to have here. Neither extreme is good.

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Winston wrote:Hi everyone,
Im at the airport now in hong kong waiting for my flight to korea. Wow the food here is such a ripoff. But the wifi at this airport is so fast. Ive never seen my forum load up so fast before.

I am thinking of you all. Wish youd all bring a little more positivity in this forum. The negativity here is too extreme. There needs to be some balance. Just as focusing only on the positive is fake and denialistic, so too is only focusing on the negative. A positive attitude cult may be delusional and BS, but so can a negative attitude cult as well, which we seem to have here. Neither extreme is good.
You should try to do a long layover and see the sights in South Korea before going to the US. :D
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
The next China photo album is ready now! It's of me and Lisa in Xiamen and Xi'an. Again, there are many romantic photos of us looking happy and in love. :) The album contains 804 images, from my phone, my camera and Lisa's phone as well. I arranged them all in order as best I could. To view all 804 images on one webpage, click on the "Show All" link above the images. Hope you enjoy the photos, sites and historic scenes. There are photos of us at the famous Terracota Warriors site too, which was built by the first Emperor of China. And romantic photos of me and Lisa embracing on the beach too. :)

China Trip 2 2015 - Part 2 Xiamen and Xi'an with Lisa
https://happierabroad.shutterfly.com/pictures/4104

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

So what's your status with your current girl, Winston? Is she going to wait for you to go back? How long will you be in America?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.