Are women in the Phillippines really that much better?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
traveller
Junior Poster

Are women in the Phillippines really that much better?

Post by traveller »

Well, I recently liked a Facebook page called "Fillippino Cupid." It's basically a page about dating and women in the Phillippines. Apparently, after posting just a couple comments and questions, several Fillippino women actually friended me on Facebook! Additionally, it seems that I was told on that page that there are a lot of women in the Phillippines that have travelled to different countries.

Does anyone else think that women in the Phillippines are really that much higher quality than women in America?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Are women in the Phillippines really that much better?

Post by pete98146 »

Obviously I'm a bit biased. But if you go about finding the right woman and you take your time then ABSOLUTELY!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Higher quality? If you get the right one then definitely. By how much? No idea. If you choose wisely, maybe by a wide margin?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

It's hardly rocket science.

Filipinas: more family oriented
Western women: less family oriented

Filipinas: more conservative
Western women: less conservative

Filipinas: on average poorer
Western women: on average richer

In the Philippines men being men are applauded. The more macho, the more manly, the better. You can be reckless at times, irresponsible, and still go through life without seeing a day in court or having child support woes. It's a whole different ball game. And responsible for this is primarily culture.

So yes, it is infinitely better when it comes to dating. Especially for someone who does not have the highest market value in the West, or who values loyalty more then his local female counterparts, it's an absolute breath of fresh air.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

traveller wrote:Well, I recently liked a Facebook page called "Fillippino Cupid." It's basically a page about dating and women in the Phillippines. Apparently, after posting just a couple comments and questions, several Fillippino women actually friended me on Facebook! Additionally, it seems that I was told on that page that there are a lot of women in the Phillippines that have travelled to different countries.

Does anyone else think that women in the Phillippines are really that much higher quality than women in America?
It wasn't so much vacation travel as it was working abroad.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Not that much better, but I suppose relative to the West, they could be. I've interacted with some who have put a bad taste in my mouth. Perhaps that will be washed away once I visit.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I'm beginning to realize it's not necessarily woman from a particular country that is better or worse, it's their generation & culture plus the country's laws that are either enabling or dissuading women to act in either a positive or negative fashion towards men, family, responsibility, personal accountability, etc. Yes, it's easier to date and meet 'women' in the Philippines. However, if you want a 'quality' one you will spend just as much time or longer looking for one just as you would in any Western country.

Generally, Filipinas just haven't been broken entirely yet by radical self-hating feminism, cultural Marxism and political correctness as of the moment, but the globalists are trying. It's starting to creep up though in upper middle class and rich circles from what I've noticed. Especially with the younger generation. Personally, I wouldn't get stuck on Filipinas as the ultimate save all for relationships. Now with the global internet it's easy to chat up people anywhere in the world and join groups and chats with people who have similar interests and goals. I'd rather do that nowadays rather than go fishing in a few countries known for foreign bride marriages. If you happen to be living in a particular foreign country such as the Philippines then it might be easier to just focus on women from there but if your still stuck in your Western hovel, I'd expand your horizons and find multiple ways to meet women and make sure they have the same interests and values as yourself.

I went to the source region & country (Asia/Philippines) and looking back I don't think it was necessarily the best long term decision of mine. I would say that there are better countries than the Philippines to find quality women if one is patient in looking for a keeper. Personally, in the future, I won't be considering or looking for a Filipina as a long term partner once I'm able to leave this sorry country for good. I believe there are much better options around in other parts of the world, that's just my opinion through personal experience and compatibility issues.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Mr S wrote:I'm beginning to realize it's not necessarily woman from a particular country that is better or worse, it's their generation & culture plus the country's laws that are either enabling or dissuading women to act in either a positive or negative fashion towards men, family, responsibility, personal accountability, etc. Yes, it's easier to date and meet 'women' in the Philippines. However, if you want a 'quality' one you will spend just as much time or longer looking for one just as you would in any Western country.

Generally, Filipinas just haven't been broken entirely yet by radical self-hating feminism, cultural Marxism and political correctness as of the moment, but the globalists are trying. It's starting to creep up though in upper middle class and rich circles from what I've noticed. Especially with the younger generation. Personally, I wouldn't get stuck on Filipinas as the ultimate save all for relationships. Now with the global internet it's easy to chat up people anywhere in the world and join groups and chats with people who have similar interests and goals. I'd rather do that nowadays rather than go fishing in a few countries known for foreign bride marriages. If you happen to be living in a particular foreign country such as the Philippines then it might be easier to just focus on women from there but if your still stuck in your Western hovel, I'd expand your horizons and find multiple ways to meet women and make sure they have the same interests and values as yourself.

I went to the source region & country (Asia/Philippines) and looking back I don't think it was necessarily the best long term decision of mine. I would say that there are better countries than the Philippines to find quality women if one is patient in looking for a keeper. Personally, in the future, I won't be considering or looking for a Filipina as a long term partner once I'm able to leave this sorry country for good. I believe there are much better options around in other parts of the world, that's just my opinion through personal experience and compatibility issues.
Mind naming names and summarizing your rationales for each? Which countries are better for that sort of thing and why?
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Mr S wrote:I'm beginning to realize it's not necessarily woman from a particular country that is better or worse, it's their generation & culture plus the country's laws that are either enabling or dissuading women to act in either a positive or negative fashion towards men, family, responsibility, personal accountability, etc. Yes, it's easier to date and meet 'women' in the Philippines. However, if you want a 'quality' one you will spend just as much time or longer looking for one just as you would in any Western country.

When I said this, I was labelled a troll. I can't +1 this enough.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

From what I've read there isn't much difference at all. Aside from being more keen on motherhood instead of career.
They seem just as prone as American women to craving the Chad Thundercock.
The only difference is if you are white and have even modest wealth you become the Chad Thundercock whereas in the west the same traits just make you a joe blow.

I think it is funny that western women are put down for hypergamy and nobody sees the elephant in the room when fat ugly old social cripples are told they will have women throwing themselves at them in preference to the locals.

I still can't get my head around the claims of
They are deeply conservative and wait for marriage vs
They hunger for cock and I bang every girl I meet on the first date or within a week even the ones I don't meet in bars.

One of these claims has to be false or both claims are heavily exaggerated.

Some people wife up really well over there. Some people crash and burn. Not really much different than in Canada.

Hell I know a guy in the US, STEM Phd, contract ran out and his wife is happy to have him stay at home with the kids. He isn't a bad boy... except maybe when playing board games ;) How many Philippine girls would be happy to work while their foreign husband stays at home because she makes enough and there is no need for him to work.
I know another fellow who works at McDs, his newly minted nurse girlfriend still absolutely adores him. Ditto, guy is a pretty decent fellow, well spoken.

Reading between the lines I would guess the biggest quality over there would be Vietnam if you can put up with the criminality or Loas if you can put up with the boredom.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

cdnFA wrote:From what I've read there isn't much difference at all. Aside from being more keen on motherhood instead of career.
The only difference is if you are white and have even modest wealth you become the Chad Thundercock whereas in the west the same traits just make you a joe blow.

I think it is funny that western women are put down for hypergamy and nobody sees the elephant in the room when fat ugly old social cripples are told they will have women throwing themselves at them in preference to the locals.

They hunger for cock and I bang every girl I meet on the first date or within a week even the ones I don't meet in bars.

Some people wife up really well over there. Some people crash and burn. Not really much different than in Canada.

Hell I know a guy in the US, STEM Phd, contract ran out and his wife is happy to have him stay at home with the kids. He isn't a bad boy... except maybe when playing board games ;) How many Philippine girls would be happy to work while their foreign husband stays at home because she makes enough and there is no need for him to work.
I know another fellow who works at McDs, his newly minted nurse girlfriend still absolutely adores him. Ditto, guy is a pretty decent fellow, well spoken.

Reading between the lines I would guess the biggest quality over there would be Vietnam if you can put up with the criminality or Loas if you can put up with the boredom.
Thank you. Seriously. Thank you.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

cdnFA wrote:From what I've read there isn't much difference at all. Aside from being more keen on motherhood instead of career.

The key is in the 1st 4 words you wrote "From what I've read..."

It's been talked to death, but the biggest problem here on HA is that most members will never go abroad. And if they do go to the Philippines they will either:

1. Go for a week or two and spend it in drunken vacation mode. That can be fun, but they end up learning nothing.
2. Spend their time solely in Manila and complain about what a crowded shithole the country is.
3. Whore around in Angeles, EDSA or a few other places, have some fun, but again come back having learned nothing.
4. Form a quickie relationship, the relationship ends, after which they complain about all the scamming locals.

The truth is it's a country of 100 million, meaning everyone is not the same and life and attitudes are very different in different cities, towns, provinces, and islands.

As to the statement (based on your reading) that "One of these claims has to be false or both claims are heavily exaggerated." Well, there's only one way to find out. And BTW, they are not false; you can find one or the other, or both.

Ultimately the Philippines, and international travel in general, is a reflection of the traveler. Are you a miserable mope in your home country - you will be one in the Philippines also - and will crash and burn. Are you adventurous and curious? You'll probably love the Philippines. Are you a good person looking for one good woman - you can find her there. Are you a monger looking for a 2 week sex tour - you can find that there as well. That's why the results seem so all over the map.

You can go there and screw more women in a shorter period of time than is possible in your home country in a year (or for some guys a lifetime). But you ought not marry those women - and they ought not marry you.

There are no Western rules in the Philippines and Western men who try to analyze it and figure it out using their Western minds and attitudes always fail. If you can't accept it for what it is you will fail. So yes that means a Filipina can go to church every day but can't wait to have sex with the guy she hopes to marry. That means a girl can be a virgin, but end up the best lover you've ever had. There's not much feminism there, they believe in many old fashioned values, yet women are often more successful than men in politics and business.

I've been married a couple of years to a Pinay and the only thing I know for sure is that I don't know. But if you have the right attitude - that's the fun of it.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

davewe wrote:
The key is in the 1st 4 words you wrote "From what I've read..."

It's been talked to death, but the biggest problem here on HA is that most members will never go abroad. And if they do go to the Philippines they will either:

1. Go for a week or two and spend it in drunken vacation mode. That can be fun, but they end up learning nothing.
2. Spend their time solely in Manila and complain about what a crowded shithole the country is.
3. Whore around in Angeles, EDSA or a few other places, have some fun, but again come back having learned nothing.
4. Form a quickie relationship, the relationship ends, after which they complain about all the scamming locals.

The truth is it's a country of 100 million, meaning everyone is not the same and life and attitudes are very different in different cities, towns, provinces, and islands.

As to the statement (based on your reading) that "One of these claims has to be false or both claims are heavily exaggerated." Well, there's only one way to find out. And BTW, they are not false; you can find one or the other, or both.

Ultimately the Philippines, and international travel in general, is a reflection of the traveler. Are you a miserable mope in your home country - you will be one in the Philippines also - and will crash and burn. Are you adventurous and curious? You'll probably love the Philippines. Are you a good person looking for one good woman - you can find her there. Are you a monger looking for a 2 week sex tour - you can find that there as well. That's why the results seem so all over the map.

You can go there and screw more women in a shorter period of time than is possible in your home country in a year (or for some guys a lifetime). But you ought not marry those women - and they ought not marry you.

There are no Western rules in the Philippines and Western men who try to analyze it and figure it out using their Western minds and attitudes always fail. If you can't accept it for what it is you will fail. So yes that means a Filipina can go to church every day but can't wait to have sex with the guy she hopes to marry. That means a girl can be a virgin, but end up the best lover you've ever had. There's not much feminism there, they believe in many old fashioned values, yet women are often more successful than men in politics and business.

I've been married a couple of years to a Pinay and the only thing I know for sure is that I don't know. But if you have the right attitude - that's the fun of it.
or

5; Guy meets girl via ex wife, married her and she ends up having a kid with the owner of a takeway when the finances go south.
6: Guy married girl, stays in country and ends up going broke and unable to go home
7: Guy gets married to a girl who becomes sexless once the kids are born but he is stuck because local laws will side with her so they stay together [OK this is more a Japan thing but it is also considered a white man wonderland of perfect women.

There are plenty of stories of fail of people that go over, but you would never know it based on some people here. Their stories are as legitimate as everyone elses.

I've read that in the Phillippines cheating is rampant. Not as bad as Thailand but pretty bad. Ditto BTW for Japan, for every guy who talks about Japanese women being loyal others point out that once they pop out the kids they cheat like crazy. For that matter ditto with Latin America. As others who have been there long enough to know said, it takes two to tango and surely not all of it is man on bar girl.
These are people who also lived there long enough to understand it. I knew a guy who lived in Thailand who had the same attitude you do. I never lived there so I don't know shit. He never did explain how only his experiences were valid and all the other people who had different experiences were completely wrong. He was flat out saying that Thailand was an absolute sure thing. That teaching English aka being a performing circus monkey was a sure thing. Can.... Not.... Fail....

I have not been there, but should I not find out the truth or at least try to. I mean you haven't been to some war torn shithole in Africa but surely you wouldn't just move there because you were never there and thus you can't know the truth. Nobody has lived in Ancient Rome but we know a thing or two about the place.

Also if a country is filled with viriginal girls who are waiting for marriage, nobody especially someone who isn't hitting the bars are getting one night stands every night. It just can't happen. Short of going up to random chicks and opening with "vanna f**k?" Some nights you will end up with someone who isn't going to put out right away. I can see it if you only "hunt" in the most skanky of bars and push hard but based on some people they are banging "good girls" raw dogging it first time. Silly me but like Bill Maher I think words have meaning.

As for this
"Are you a miserable mope in your home country - you will be one in the Philippines also - and will crash and burn. "

According to this forum and people who have been there, this is not true. Even a forever alone like me will have no problems at all over there. Pretty much can not fail.
Then I turn around and find some of the same people slamming into someone because they didn't get anywhere because they also have defects.

I suppose I could go over there and see for myself but
1: It is expensive
2: Which over there. PI, Thai, other SEA, China etc. They all have their fanboys and people who have crashed and burned in some cases having done nothing wrong... or even being killed for their wealth.
Double plus so if you are looking at months to find out if a location is doable or not.

Also the whole man as ATM machine for wife's family seems to be almost universal. There is a name for that where I come from. Prostitution. How is this any different from a demanding AW. The goal might be more laudable but still. I can name several dudes who make the same or less then their wives who are utterly loyal to them in Canada and the US. Guys who don't have their women constantly asking them for handouts for relatives or for random shit. Seems in the Philippines anyone who can make that claim to quote the below is a Liar.
Or are you suggesting that this guy who lived the life is full of shit.
http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2015/10 ... es-family/
I hope not because they are your words.

But hey, what do I know, it is just something I've read right?

I think I'd be willing to put up with being played for an ATM machine by a good actress if it didn't get out of hand but that is only because I am desperate and have no other options.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Mr S wrote:I'm beginning to realize it's not necessarily woman from a particular country that is better or worse, it's their generation & culture plus the country's laws that are either enabling or dissuading women to act in either a positive or negative fashion towards men, family, responsibility, personal accountability, etc.
I think so too... but there are really countries existing you better are unwilling even to try - merely time-waste - and most of them are Western countries, especially those of the Anglosphere - USA, Canada, UK, but also Australia, South Africa.

Most complaints from men regarding women as a good wife-material are about women living in these countries, and most hateful rhetoric from feminists against men is coming out of those countries.
Yes, it's easier to date and meet 'women' in the Philippines. However, if you want a 'quality' one you will spend just as much time or longer looking for one just as you would in any Western country.
I do not agree with your opinion, the chance to meet better women in Philippines or elsewhere in many parts of Asia compared to Northern America or Western Europe is much higher.

At least this is my experience, in Europe I found nobody, totally zero - but in Asia I met many women with reasonable behavior and into a long-term relationship and still available without being divorced, without children, without much sexual experience etc.

What was maybe 1:400 in Europe for me, was something like 1:20 in Asia, while ALL women rejected me in Europe, I had so many contacts in Asia, that I had to select out of them.

The chance to find a suitable female partner in Asia was much higher for me than in Europe.

Women in countries like Japan or Philippines have clearly a different way how they prefer dating and about criteria how they choose men.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

cdnFA wrote:
But hey, what do I know, it is just something I've read right?
No one would suggest that you not read before you travel. Of course you should. But that's only going to get you so far.

My point was that when you read HA for a length of time you'll see that the vast majority of members here either do not travel abroad, or if they do they're certainly not happy about it. Their success is limited and complaints are many.

I have been a member here for years and know no member that says that any unskilled mope can go there and do incredibly well with women. You don't have to be super skilled but you have to have something going for you. That being said it is true that many men who had limited success in their Western countries have had more success in the Philippines.

My view is that many guys can have a fun vacation in the Philippines. I would encourage most single guys to check it out. Now marriage is a different story. I do believe that the Philippines is a fine place to meet a certain kind of woman. But the percentages of men and women able to make that cultural leap is smaller. Contrary to most opinions here and elsewhere, while there are Filipinas willing to meet and have relationships with foreigners, they are in the minority.

Smallest still are the guys who want to move abroad. It can be done successfully but the percentages are smaller and for most Americans it's not the right move to make. 3rd world cultures are simply too different and most Americans can't make the adjustment. Of the 100+ Fil-Am couples I know in my city, very few will ever make that move.

As to finding examples of failures - in any human endeavor they are out there in droves. I know many guys who have failed in the Philippines, if by failure we mean having a relationship that goes bad. Hell, I had one that blew up before I met my wife, though the truth is it was lots of fun before the blow up :)

Quick story: As I've said before I relied on Pete for a lot of my encouragement way back when. But I also talked to Outwest a lot. At one point he told me (this is from memory). "Dave, 80% of the women in the Philippines are not right for marriage." I got depressed that a guy who lived in the Philippines was giving such a negative number. But he continued. "But that means that there are 20% who are - 10 times the number of women who would make a good wife compared to the U.S."

Now that I have a few more years under my belt I think those percentages are about right. 80+% of Filipinas won't make good wives for a Westerner. But the 20%? If you can find one of those (if they'll have you) you're golden.