Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

cdnFA
Junior Poster

Re: Has Happier Abroad Become Europe?

Post by cdnFA »

I'd say all this flat earth, without jebus you are retarded talk drives away more people than a few soon to be banned asshats.
I know it has me looking at the front door and pretty much dismissing much of what I read depending on the poster.

But hey not my board and I don't know any similar to go to.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

cdnFA wrote:I'd say all this flat earth, without jebus you are retarded talk drives away more people than a few soon to be banned asshats.
I know it has me looking at the front door and pretty much dismissing much of what I read depending on the poster.

But hey not my board and I don't know any similar to go to.
I'm right behind you. I rarely post anyway. Not sure what this clown typed up since I put him on ignore, but I'm sure he called the Syrians entering Europe "trolls". Anyway, it's time to stick a fork in this forum, man. Once I collect all my gems and keep in touch with them I'm gone.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Ghost wrote:Just as Europe won't fall in a day, neither will HA. These trolls can't take down the forum overnight, but they can gradually displace HAers. More trolls have come in recently, and the active member base of HAers seems to be dwindling. I can confirm as I keep up with several members off the forum, and I may soon quit here myself. Once critical mass is reached, HA will become a dead forum. No discussion, no forum. In the meantime, the trolls can and do disrupt discussions, but the overall goal is to kill the forum by getting long time posters to go away and to sway new guys from joining. In essence, it's similar to Europe in that a gradual displacement of the population is taking place.
It does seem that the troll or trolls are being reasonably subtle about their attempts to destroy the forum now, rather than the overt attacks of the past. It is easy for us to spot, but most people probably buy the troll narrative that they are just posters who happen to disagree with the mainstream. I guess their trainers deserve kudos. I just have to wonder why they are bothering to do this now. If they are ASIO trolls, as I suspect, then it is strange because no-one on this forum is f***ing with the Australian regime at the moment, AFAIK. But perhaps evil Western regimes act in concert to shut down politically incorrect forums and ASIO were assigned the task because they had experience and existing profiles.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Cornfed wrote:
Ghost wrote:Just as Europe won't fall in a day, neither will HA. These trolls can't take down the forum overnight, but they can gradually displace HAers. More trolls have come in recently, and the active member base of HAers seems to be dwindling. I can confirm as I keep up with several members off the forum, and I may soon quit here myself. Once critical mass is reached, HA will become a dead forum. No discussion, no forum. In the meantime, the trolls can and do disrupt discussions, but the overall goal is to kill the forum by getting long time posters to go away and to sway new guys from joining. In essence, it's similar to Europe in that a gradual displacement of the population is taking place.
It does seem that the troll or trolls are being reasonably subtle about their attempts to destroy the forum now, rather than the overt attacks of the past. It is easy for us to spot, but most people probably buy the troll narrative that they are just posters who happen to disagree with the mainstream. I guess their trainers deserve kudos. I just have to wonder why they are bothering to do this now. If they are ASIO trolls, as I suspect, then it is strange because no-one on this forum is f***ing with the Australian regime at the moment, AFAIK. But perhaps evil Western regimes act in concert to shut down politically incorrect forums and ASIO were assigned the task because they had experience and existing profiles.

As much as I do not buy conspiracy BS, a few thousand cyber agents can go a long ways. China has the largest crew like this, but it would seem unlikely that there were not others. This forum has had at least one poster who was an agent from the regime in china. The techniques were quite recognizeable. Native English speakers with a similar cultural background can be more subtle.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Ghost wrote:I take it ASIO is the Australian version of the CIA or NSA?
Yes. Harassing anyone who doesn't tow the establishment line falls to them in Australia. I had a relative there who actually believed he had the right to freedom of speech. He was surely disabused. And they might actually specialize in this and barter their services to other evil Western regimes. You have to keep in mind that other than various dysgenics, the only people who work for the Australian government are the descendants of Irish Catholic convicts, so there is a limit to what they are capable of. Trolling on and offline is basically their crowning achievement.
Have you ever seen this kind of thing happen to another forum?
I've seen individual obviously paid trolls, but nothing quite like this. Usually when forums are shut down, they first use trolls, then mods. Or the forum owner is susceptible to stupidity. Oh well, I guess HA and Winston are a somewhat tougher nut to crack. However, I imagine the trolls will succeed if they decide to really push this.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Ghost, It's always been this way back from the beginning. Back in 2007-09, there were many posters here that went abroad and stopped posting. Then guys like you and me came along. Now, we're abroad and rarely post, while new people have come in. But you are right in one thing, I wish the moderating was better; now, it's an absolute trollfest, lol.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Ghost wrote:Think about this comparison. Right now, much of Western Europe is letting in Syrian "refugees" and others into their countries because of things like white guilt and political correctness.

Is this what Happier Abroad has become?

Much like Europe, HA is letting in trolls without vetting them. The trolls are already very bold and appear to be getting bolder.

Now, just as Europe could put a stop to this invasion of their countries, Winston could easily put a troll to this troll invasion. But he isn't.

Will Europe and Happier Abroad share a similar fate?
Well to compare HA with Europe is somewhat a case of megalomania. It's like to compare an ant with an elephant. LOL

I agree that improved moderation which is removing troll-postings quickly might be only good for HappierAbroad.
No need to talk with trolls.

It is up to the owner of this forum how to handle such intrusive trolls. - When reading back I see however that Winston is banning frequently those trolls, but he reacts very very slowly.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

The analogy makes sense. This is not the worst forum in the world, and Europe not the worst continent. But even if you make the world's tastiest pie, if you make no effort to cover it from insects it will be spoiled and rotten before long.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The only thing that will save this forum is for Winston to live and breath the forum again, and so know what the f**k is going on. It is easy to spot the trolls and what they are up to if you follow things closely. But probably I am the only one doing this at the moment. If Winston continues to neglect things the forum will surely die, and fair enough too.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Lol, what a stupid thread. If you want to get rid of 'trolls, just lift the anonymity. Very easy. Force everyone to use their real names and pictures (like on my website) and you won't have to really watch shit. However, everyone on this forum is actually a troll that has has been banned from everywhere else for being retarded.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

BlackKnight wrote:Lol, what a stupid thread. If you want to get rid of 'trolls, just lift the anonymity.
Hahahaha, and who are you?
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Yohan wrote:
BlackKnight wrote:Lol, what a stupid thread. If you want to get rid of 'trolls, just lift the anonymity.
:roll:

So in other words, the trolls are normal well-adjusted people who mistake the Happier Abroad message for something positive when in reality it's just a bunch of ugly miserable losers LOL
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

BlackKnight wrote:
Yohan wrote:
:roll:

So in other words, the trolls are normal well-adjusted people who mistake the Happier Abroad message for something positive when in reality it's just a bunch of ugly miserable losers LOL
Time to give it a rest.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.

Return to “General Discussions”