Doesn't Fit the Tone of Forums, But I'll Post Anyways

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Re: Doesn't Fit the Tone of Forums, But I'll Post Anyways

Post by travelsouth »

Ghost wrote:. You're going to get a big red, white, and blue throbbing dick jammed up your asshole. My regret will be not being there to laugh at your stupidity.
LOL nothing is for sure in this world. How the future plays out we can only predict. But the past, that we know. And the way you talk, you've already experienced that throbbing cock.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

Travelsouth, you have a tendency to personally attack people over any disagreement in views, or rather, pushing your worldview as an expectation of what everyone else should want. I remember a thread I disagreed with you on the right of businesses to refuse gay customers, and me not agreeing upon gay marriage being a good thing. You then said something to the effect of, if you believe that, you're a p***y, and "you'll never tame a South American woman like that!" Great, but I don't find South American woman that appealing anyway, and I have no interest in "taming" any girl.

As far as money and "the first world" it all depends, again, on what you want in life. If you're otherwise happy with US lifestyle and content with it, but just want a girl that's nicer looking/possibly better overall, then yes, doing what you're doing is something you can do. Obviously you know the warnings about the girl possibly being influenced by US culture, so I won't repeat them. However, speaking for me personally, I can say frankly my main motivation for wanting to abroad is probably only 40-50% women. I want a different kind of lifestyle than I have in USA and want to see the world. I don't want to constantly be in fear of "terrorism" or getting beat or shot by roided out police officers, I don't want high cost of everything. I don't want Walmart. I don't want Rush Limbaugh. I don't want CNN. I don't want Desperate Housewives and American Idol. I just want a different life.

For one of the countries I may go to, depending on how things work with a girl I'm talking to now, being a "loser English teacher" I'd be making $15-20 an hour. That'd be 2 grand a month (and there is another opportunity there besides English teaching for me as well possibly) with an apartment of my own being under $500 most likely, and food being under $200, mostly eating out and not having to do much cooking myself. This leaves me with a surplus of $1300 every month. It's the same per hour as most entry level professional jobs in USA (I'll get to my sister's boyfriend's job experience in a second, saying what I don't want...) or more, but with much lower costs of living and much less shit to deal with.

This goes to a broader issue of what you value more in life. For me, my view of being rich is not so much "I want all this stuff" but more "I want a trouble free life." The costs of services in USA is quite astronomical (though goods are mostly pretty cheap...) My car has a blown head gasket right now, and after I finish wasting my time writing this post, I'm about to go work on it for a bit before it gets dark. Cars has been somewhat of a hobby of mine in the past (though I mostly don't care now) so I bought the gasket set for $35 on ebay, and some tools and sundries I didn't have but needed for another $30. But, what would a shop charge to do it? At least $600 to $1000! Now, if you're working 40 hours a week at $15 an hour here (not "loser" wages) and don't know how to do it, congrats, almost half your monthly salary is gone (after spending over half on just your housing and food costs...) This is what I don't like about USA, I have to cut my hands up and get dirty to save $1000. I mean, it's great for teaching you how to be tougher and build character blah blah blah, but as an adult I simply don't wish to live this way anymore, but in USA I don't foresee myself ever making the kind of money that I would be able to just throw money at a small problem like a car or house repair and still have the ability to save a lot of money every month and not have debt. This doesn't even get into the overhead required of health insurance or healthcare costs if you do eventually get sick. Yes, in USA you can get "cool stuff" via credit and monthly payments, but just having a trouble free and debt free life is quite hard. I'd really much rather just ride a motorbike around, if it breaks, pay like $25 to have someone fix it, and worst case scenario, pay $1000-2000 or so for a brand new one. Rent an apartment with furniture already in it for a few hundred per month, hey, maybe even have enough money for a maid or a housekeeper (or some already come with them...) In Asia I might not make enough money to be able to drive some shitty new SUV or get the new iPhone and iPad with $0 down, but to me those types of things, a life without trouble and without busting your ass is what makes you "rich" not an iPhone or new SUV.

You can get this kind of lifestyle in USA, but it's much harder and requires a lot more money, and a lot more work actually working to do. If I'm lazy for wanting to be lazy, then so be it. But, to quote scripture, for Adama, I'd rather "A handful with tranquility than two with toiling and strife."

And yes, as Yohan brings up as well, I'd also like the ability to not drive gigantic distances all the time either, and again, pay someone else (in this case, a reasonable bus or train) to do it for me while I sit and play games, or read, or whatever, rather than constantly being vigilant for other motorists and police while driving.

This is only money and lifestyle issues alone, not social issues, of what I want out of going abroad.

tl;dr, someone is not a "loser" for wanting something different than what you want.

EDIT:
Congratulations and good luck, too, by the way. You're not a poster I like on this forum really, but I don't wish ill against you.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

travelsouth wrote:
Ghost wrote:. You're going to get a big red, white, and blue throbbing dick jammed up your asshole. My regret will be not being there to laugh at your stupidity.
LOL nothing is for sure in this world. How the future plays out we can only predict. But the past, that we know. And the way you talk, you've already experienced that throbbing cock.
What kind of perverted mind thinks of other men's penises and other men's rectums? If I wanted to say someone is screwed, I would say, "You're your own worst enemy," or "You're only screwing yourself over." I would not say you are going to get a penis reamed up your bum. Sickness.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Adama wrote:
travelsouth wrote:
What kind of perverted mind thinks of other men's penises and other men's rectums? If I wanted to say someone is screwed, I would say, "You're your own worst enemy," or "You're only screwing yourself over." I would not say you are going to get a penis reamed up your bum. Sickness.
It's weird. And if you look at the above post I get accused of personally attacking people. Strange indeed. I announce good news. A poster gets nasty. I suggest he's nasty for a reason. Seems logical enough.

And to respond to the knife guy on substance, I'm aware of what English teachers in Asia make. And yes I do consider that poor. There are some international business (import/export type) that import containers and break it down for small retailers. That type of business minded approach I can understand and appreciate. There are guys in the oil and gas industry that make a living overseas. And there are computer guys that can do it.

But 2 grand is pretty damn poor. A 20 something kid doing it to travel. I understand. A guy of any age using it as a short term way to cover expenses while dating. I understand. Thinking that is a good long-term wage is not reality.

Unemployment is pretty low. There are some rough spots in the USA, that I do understand. But still you just don't have the making money thing figured out. Biology/Darwin tells us women are looking for a provider. So this is tied into ability to provide. Women have a right to consider such things. That's not feminism, that's cave woman.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yohan wrote:
Adama wrote: ... move overseas and become impoverished, or live in the states as a middle class person.
To move overseas does not necessarily mean to become impoverished. United States is not the leading country of this world.

United States is no. 16 according to the World Bank regarding income per capita, it's about same income as in Hong Kong, but significantly lower than in Norway, Singapore or United Emirates.
Around 40,000 people every year die on the highways in the USA. They die in automobiles. I do not see everyone taking the train wherever they go. People still drive.
They drive as they have no other choice.

Here in Tokyo many people are using trains and subways every day, wherever they go.

Not every country has such a poor railway service as United States. Train services for passengers in Japan, Korea and China incl. Taiwan are by far better developed and transport millions of people, for short as well as for long distances with a minimum of accidents.
Nope. It is because Americans are not living in fear with respect to driving on the road. If Americans feared dying on the road, they would petition the government for alternative transit. They do not, because they do not fear the road. There is risk in everything. There is even risk in taking the train. Just as there is risk in moving to the other side of the world.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

travelsouth wrote:
Adama wrote:
travelsouth wrote:
It's weird. And if you look at the above post I get accused of personally attacking people. Strange indeed. I announce good news. A poster gets nasty. I suggest he's nasty for a reason. Seems logical enough.
Because they are so blind to truth that for them reality is completely inverted. They also do not feel sorrow or guilt when they tell lies. They have no problem with lies and distortions, because they hate truth. Therefore no truth can come from them. That's why they can not see it. Because truth is not valuable. Lies are valuable, to them. They can not see reality because with truth comes reality. You can not see reality without first having some love for the truth.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

travelsouth wrote:
Adama wrote:
travelsouth wrote:

And to respond to the knife guy on substance, I'm aware of what English teachers in Asia make. And yes I do consider that poor. There are some international business (import/export type) that import containers and break it down for small retailers. That type of business minded approach I can understand and appreciate. There are guys in the oil and gas industry that make a living overseas. And there are computer guys that can do it.

But 2 grand is pretty damn poor. A 20 something kid doing it to travel. I understand. A guy of any age using it as a short term way to cover expenses while dating. I understand. Thinking that is a good long-term wage is not reality.

Unemployment is pretty low. There are some rough spots in the USA, that I do understand. But still you just don't have the making money thing figured out. Biology/Darwin tells us women are looking for a provider. So this is tied into ability to provide. Women have a right to consider such things. That's not feminism, that's cave woman.
If you make 2 grand a month when the local guys make $400-500, or $1000, you're a bad provider because you're not making $10K per month? This is like saying a guy who makes $80-100K here is a loser because he's not making $300K.

As far as me personally, I do have another avenue besides English teaching to make money. But, even if I just stayed teaching English forever and maybe only gradually improved salarywise, where exactly is the shame in this? Especially if you do end up later teaching at a college or real school and not a cram school. Would you consider, wait, yes, I know the answer to this, you would, but would you consider someone making $50-60K a year here as a school teacher or college professor a "loser" as well?

Life is not a game with the score being amount of Federal Reserve notes you get at the end of it. Yes a woman does need someone to provide and not be a lazy bum who does nothing, but not everyone has to be a "baller" like an American rap video for a happy life.

But, I do agree with you, these forums are stupid, both for people who only complain and that's all, and people who use shame tactics and attack them and call them losers. Personally I feel it's mostly only people like Yohan for example who offer much substantive advice and insight on these boards, who've actually done it, and offer real advice without excessively shaming or looking down on others, both board members and regarding groups of people as well.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

onethousandknives wrote: If you make 2 grand a month when the local guys make $400-500, or $1000, you're a bad provider because you're not making $10K per month?
I know enough about the world economy to talk a little about Asia and Europe. But I'd rather talk specifically about my travel experience. I didn't go overseas to meet average women. So let's look at Mexico City for example. If you are dating in Mexico City the hot spots are La Condesa (Roma) y Polanco.

Could an oil and gas guy roll in those neighborhoods? Yea. Could a computer guy do it? He sure could. Could an English teacher? No. Not a chance. A 1 bedroom apartment bottoms about at 7 or 8 hundred. Something nice is going to run at least a grand. Then you have transportation costs, nights out, quality health care, etc... etc... etc

The same is true about Asia. In Guangzhou or Shanghai you need to make more than 2k a month to be a good provider to what they'd call a high strata chica in Colombia. But the same conditions exist in other parts of Latin America and the rest of the world.

2k is chump change in Asia too.

IF I had no skills at all I'd enroll in truck driving school and get a class a. That industry is hard up enough that you can make good money and they will be flexible with you. Work heavy hours, then take time off for travel

Regardless the cream of the crop in Moscow, Mexico City, Bogota, Shanghai, etc isn't going to be impressed with 2k a month. Hey if you are telling me the 2k thing is a short team deal, I get it. If that's your life plan then I'm not impressed, nor would I blame a high class woman who is not. Plenty of good looking women in Asia and around the world that make a lot more than that.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

travelsouth wrote:I'm aware of what English teachers in Asia make. And yes I do consider that poor.
Poor is a very relative term. I am poor compared to a successful businessman with several restaurant chains. Said businessman is poor compared to Bill Gates. However if you compare me to an English teacher in Asia, I am considerably more well-off. Then you compare what the street vendor makes to what the average Asian man makes in his general area, and suddenly he's not so poor anymore.

An English teacher abroad, relatively speaking, is not poor at all. By Western standards he is, sure. And by the standards of many Asian women he may go after, he's still not rich enough to play "rich white colonialist game". He will still be close to or even above average in terms of his income, however, and likely do well romantically. His situation has improved from what it was in the Western country he came from. That's what matters.

It's easy to look down on the guy teachin English, living in a small apartment, chasing Chinese chicks. But at least he's out there doing something and not sitting on his ass wasting his time complaining on the internet. Travelsouth, I am happy you found your lady. I'm sure she's beautiful and makes you very happy, and will for years to come. So congratulations on your success. However, try not to sink of the level of some of those who would attack you for your, in their eyes, unusual choice.

If you think you can find the same or even greater happiness with your wife in America, as these guys can find in Asia, then go ahead and live that life of happiness. You can do so without putting them down. Time will tell who made the wisest decision. Good luck to you.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

MarcosZeitola wrote:By Western standards he is, sure. And by the standards of many Asian women he may go after, he's still not rich enough to play "rich white colonialist game".....
It's easy to look down on the guy teachin English, living in a small apartment, chasing Chinese chicks. But at least he's out there doing something.
Thanks for your honesty. The English teacher is going to appeal to the blue collar working class of Asia. The same is true in Latin America. There are gringos that go to Monterrey and meet Mexicanas from well to do families. You can find them shopping in San Antonio too btw. If you are going to go overseas, I thought the whole point was to hit the chica jackpot, not to do average.

I guess my point is if all you've managed to do was land a job teaching English in Asia, you shouldn't be throwing stones. Sure it is better for him than jerking off in his parent's basement, but let's not call it a model of success either. Because there are folks with actual careers pulling down a living. I can tell you a long time computer guy living in Cali says 50k USD is his baseline to make it fun for him. He'd make more in the USA of course, but that's his compromise.

As many blogs and posts suggest many schools are poorly run and the standards to get a job are very basic. I understand being a good teacher is a skill, but most of the guys doing this didn't go to college and major in English. They want to travel and their language is their only marketable skill.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

travelsouth wrote:
onethousandknives wrote: If you make 2 grand a month when the local guys make $400-500, or $1000, you're a bad provider because you're not making $10K per month?
I know enough about the world economy to talk a little about Asia and Europe. But I'd rather talk specifically about my travel experience. I didn't go overseas to meet average women. So let's look at Mexico City for example. If you are dating in Mexico City the hot spots are La Condesa (Roma) y Polanco.

Could an oil and gas guy roll in those neighborhoods? Yea. Could a computer guy do it? He sure could. Could an English teacher? No. Not a chance. A 1 bedroom apartment bottoms about at 7 or 8 hundred. Something nice is going to run at least a grand. Then you have transportation costs, nights out, quality health care, etc... etc... etc

The same is true about Asia. In Guangzhou or Shanghai you need to make more than 2k a month to be a good provider to what they'd call a high strata chica in Colombia. But the same conditions exist in other parts of Latin America and the rest of the world.

IF I had no skills at all I'd enroll in truck driving school and get a class a. That industry is hard up enough that you can make good money and they will be flexible with you. Work heavy hours, then take time off for travel

Regardless the cream of the crop in Moscow, Mexico City, Bogota, Shanghai, etc isn't going to be impressed with 2k a month. Hey if you are telling me the 2k thing is a short team deal, I get it. If that's your life plan then I'm not impressed, nor would I blame a high class woman who is not. Plenty of good looking women in Asia and around the world that make a lot more than that.
Bingo!

That guy you're talking to is a nutter

This is why on my website there will be no anonymity :lol:
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

BlackKnight wrote:
travelsouth wrote:

Bingo!

What father wants his daughter dating a guy who can't figure out the politics of getting a shitty retail job. Good find black night.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

travelsouth wrote:What father wants his daughter dating a guy who can't figure out the politics of getting a shitty retail job. Good find black night.
There is "politics" in getting a shitty retail job now? It is quite simple: the idiots in a position to give out those jobs give them to whichever other idiots they want. They are not St. Peter at the gates of Paradise, nor is there any politics involved.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

travelsouth wrote:
BlackKnight wrote:
travelsouth wrote:

Bingo!

What father wants his daughter dating a guy who can't figure out the politics of getting a shitty retail job. Good find black night.
What father wants his daughter dating a handicap with a 45 IQ?