Why Doesn't Winston Wu defend his own forum?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Doesn't Winston Wu defend his own forum?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Yohan wrote:Winston perfectly understands, that not to care anymore is indeed much better than to care too much. Simply said, no moderation is better than over-moderation or insincere biased moderation of a forum. This can really ruin a forum with members are either banned or leaving by themselves.
But when it's nothing but trolls, prophets of doom, pessimism and support for conspiracy for the sake of supporting conspiracies, it's pretty clear that we're not going anywhere anymore. Quality is lessening.
OutWest wrote:This could have been a useful expat guide kind of place, but it is poorly managed. From what I see, traffic is off about 50%.
Was it ever a useful expat forum? I came here when 'the golden age' was already over, did I miss much or was it always this shitty?
OutWest wrote:The impression a visitor would get here is that the forum was somehow mislabeled. What he would see here is that Hitler was a great man, the world is flat, all conspiracy theories are true, the Jews deserved to die and there are a lot of seriously mentally ill people off their meds.. Great business plan. Lol
Spot-on!

This forum has zero appeal to the vast majority of "normal" people. To feel at home here, truly at home, you'd have to be a bit of a nutjob. I suspect Winston has a variety of mental disorders, and he's not the only one. A lot of people here are compulsive conspiracy theorists. Scares off a lot of the non-crazies from even signing up in the first place, and the remainder from staying around.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Marcos has the right idea as does OutWest. It's both interesting and sad to note that the former has some head issues of his own, and does teeter the line of irrationality, but even he sees what's going on here. This forum attracts way too many characters. An Australian who snapped and goes postal on people -- even ones who try to help him or defend him; we've got a racist who says Hitler was the shit and advocates for the genocide of the majority of the human race (all non-whites); we've got people who encourage the burning of women -- and not even for anything like cheating or being a shit mother -- only because their husbands died; flat-earthers, when you can see from the space that Earth is round, no conspiracy needed; and the list goes on from there. Great business plan indeed.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Blue Murder wrote:Marcos has the right idea as does OutWest. It's both interesting and sad to note that the former has some head issues of his own, and does teeter the line of irrationality, but even he sees what's going on here. This forum attracts way too many characters. An Australian who snapped and goes postal on people -- even ones who try to help him or defend him; we've got a racist who says Hitler was the shit and advocates for the genocide of the majority of the human race (all non-whites); we've got people who encourage the burning of women -- and not even for anything like cheating or being a shit mother -- only because their husbands died; flat-earthers, when you can see from the space that Earth is round, no conspiracy needed; and the list goes on from there. Great business plan indeed.
This forum doesn't attracts 'characters' lol. It attracts low speed handicaps and losers. All of which are utterly predictable and terribly boring
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

BlackKnight wrote: This forum doesn't attracts 'characters' lol. It attracts low speed handicaps and losers. All of which are utterly predictable and terribly boring
Are you looking in a mirror just now?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I have just pulled up the forum after a short absence and notice it is all troll posts. The trolls will inevitably win if this continues. Couldn't Winston sell the forum to someone if he doesn't care about it any more?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Cornfed wrote:I have just pulled up the forum after a short absence and notice it is all troll posts. The trolls will inevitably win if this continues. Couldn't Winston sell the forum to someone if he doesn't care about it any more?
Come on now.

He's very busy with much more important things, like educating his WeChat group members on how the earth is actually flat. Murphy's Law continues to block him too. And the 80% of girls in China he finds hot are ignoring him which frustrates him to no end.

What do you expect? Be reasonable!
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Rock is back! Where you been man?!
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Rock wrote:
Cornfed wrote:I have just pulled up the forum after a short absence and notice it is all troll posts. The trolls will inevitably win if this continues. Couldn't Winston sell the forum to someone if he doesn't care about it any more?
Come on now.

He's very busy with much more important things, like educating his WeChat group members on how the earth is actually flat. Murphy's Law continues to block him too. And the 80% of girls in China he finds hot are ignoring him which frustrates him to no end.

What do you expect? Be reasonable!
So 80% ignore him...the 20% call the police?.
No wonder you spend time elsewhere...lol
You are allergic to stupidity...
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Ghost wrote:His obsession with the flat-earth "theory" is frustrating, since aside from being bullshit, it's distracting him from HA as an idea and as a forum. He should stick to where the meat is - expatriation, foreign dating, etc. instead of conspiracy theories that don't even make any sense whatsoever. He's missing the mark here. I mean, his most pressing issue is looking for a Chinese wife that he is fully attracted to. Spending so much time on a crazy idea is taking away too much from his efforts at wife-hunting I think. Maybe it's a symptom of his frustration.
He's never actually going to find that wife though. I am about 90% certain of that. He's too crazy, too fickle, too picky, too stubborn and already in his forties which makes him too set in his ways to positively change. He has a demon inside him, and that demon is named Winston. But as we all know Winston calls him Murphy.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Ghost wrote:His obsession with the flat-earth "theory" is frustrating, since aside from being bullshit, it's distracting him from HA as an idea and as a forum. He should stick to where the meat is - expatriation, foreign dating, etc. instead of conspiracy theories that don't even make any sense whatsoever. He's missing the mark here. I mean, his most pressing issue is looking for a Chinese wife that he is fully attracted to. Spending so much time on a crazy idea is taking away too much from his efforts at wife-hunting I think. Maybe it's a symptom of his frustration.
He's never actually going to find that wife though. I am about 90% certain of that. He's too crazy, too fickle, too picky, too stubborn and already in his forties which makes him too set in his ways to positively change. He has a demon inside him, and that demon is named Winston. But as we all know Winston calls him Murphy.
I am not sure about this - one day Winston will find his American dream girl next door. In USA you can find any kind of human you can imagine. Even a 'lovely girlie' for Winston. He might fail in Philippines, people there are too inferior, and he might fail in China, people there are too superior - what is left over for him is a 'good wife from USA'.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Of course I defend this forum. I enforce rules and ban trolls. And I defend the awesomeness of this forum too by speaking positively about it as a unique place where we can talk about stuff that would get us banned on every other forum. If you don't believe me, go on other forums and talk about HA topics and see what happens. You will see that I'm right.

This thread and OP is asking something that's not even true. I have to balance free speech and honesty while banning trolls and discerning the difference, which requires good judgment and fairness, which I am known for. You guys are acting like a madhouse, not me. I'm the one remaining fair and rational here. :P

If you guys want to talk about useful topics, then post some useful threads and posts. Stop complaining. If you don't like it, then don't come here. Go to a mainstream forum where political correctness is enforced. After that, you will appreciate this forum for allowing such honesty from you "nut jobs". lol

I also do a lot of maintenance behind the scenes of this forum too, which you guys don't see. Try to be more appreciative guys. Remember that happy people count their blessings, they don't look for flaws in everything.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Ghost wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
Once you hit a certain age it's hard to "settle down." When you've gone decades without being married, it gets difficult to accept marriage, even if that's what you want. I'm starting to feel this way too, and I'm not even out of my twenties.
Bingo, which Is why I'm very orthogonal to Marcos.

Had Mel and I decided not to move our preexisting friendship into something else, I would have been satisfied, seeing wh@res for the rest of my life, much like the 50 year old *Bosstone*, over settling down.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28761&start=15

The truth of the matter is that one has to get somewhat lucky to find *the one*, once a particular age barrier is reached. A lot of that has to do with one being settled in one's way but more importantly, not giving that 2nd party, enough time and space to develop a certain amount of trust and confidence. Had I not known Mel since freshman year of college, she may have been excluded, just because I wouldn't have known her well enough, to have the kind of faith that I have in her today.

Serendipity/Faith or what-have-you made it possible so today, I'm not on Bosstone's path, otherwise, I could have easily joined him.

I suppose that no longer being *young, dumb, full-of-cum* also has something to do with it but that's more on the hormonal/endorphin side than the lifestyle one.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.