DO DARK SKINNED FILIPINOS EXIST OR HAVE THEY BEEN WIPED OUT

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote: The Philippines has cultural, musical and linguistic treasures as well as emotional treasures of such depth and riches that you will be amazed and drawn and addicted to it. And the longer you stay the longer you become aware of the Mariana-trench deep undercurrent of something that can only be felt. That, along with an unseen deep vibe in the air which unites all people into some kind of a happy force-field and which permeates the country also can only be felt and cannot be bought or even described well in words.
Nice couple of posts, Lad.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

cqcortaga
Freshman Poster

Post by cqcortaga »

Winston wrote:This thread asks a dumb question. I don't understand the point of it. Dark skinned Filipinos are the norm. The light skinned ones are the exception. That's like asking if white people exist in America.

Btw, next time don't post a thread title in all caps unless it's an emergency of some sort. It looks bad and loud.

Hi there! maybe the guy is referring specifically the "Aeta" group in the Philippines or the so-called "Negritos" with really dark complexion, flat/wide nose, and curly hair. Filipinos are largely of Malay race (fair/brown race; not black/dark) mixed with other races even during pre-colonial times (before Spain colonized Phil) as Phil is in the heart of Asia in the Pacific and a melting pot of cultures. Aetas are actually endangered indigenous/ethnic group in the Philippines and you can't find them everywhere! They live and isolate themselves in the mountains, relatively rural areas. They are the people who lives in primitive lifestyle and never adopted the new society. So sad some of them really suffered from discrimination even from Filipinos. Filipinos sometimes jokingly call them "Baluga" (which means ugly, dirty, black, frizzy thick curl hair,etc.). However, it cannot change the fact that Aetas are also one of the ancestors (as Filipinos have so many ancestors; not just the Aetas) of Filipinos and due respect should be given to them.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

mentor
Freshman Poster

Re: DO DARK SKINNED FILIPINOS EXIST OR HAVE THEY BEEN WIPED

Post by mentor »

I prefer light skin gilrs, or at least morena.
Limited choices but still enough, you think?
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

mentor wrote:I prefer light skin gilrs, or at least morena.
Opinions?
It would be nice to have a percentage of them, based on skin color.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

mentor wrote:
mentor wrote:I prefer light skin gilrs, or at least morena.
Opinions?
It would be nice to have a percentage of them, based on skin color.
From what I notice living here Filipinos on average are a medium brown color. The darkness or lightness generally depends on the social class or how obsessed (usually women) they are to have white looking skin. The poorer ones who are un/lower educated and laborers can't afford to stay out of the sun or lighten their skin and most are not mixed race, so they are medium to dark brown depending on their life situation. The middle class has a mix depending on their money situation, whether they can afford lightening products or cosmetic procedures to appear white and generally work indoors to avoid the sun. Wealthier women generally get cosmetic procedures to look like they have white skin and Euro features, which in my opinion make them often, look weird or unusual cause the skin is an unnatural paste looking white color. Chinese Filipinos usually have lighter skin and the mix race or meztizmo looking ones, Guys don't seem to care as much if they are brown looking, its mainly the women. Although the local adverts try to target men for skin whitening as well. Filipinas are obsessed with trying to look white, it's a status symbol here. If you have dark skin you're considered ugly in their culture. The women avoid the sun like Dracula would. They carry umbrellas everywhere just to block the sun. Even the airlines cater to this mentality. They will hand out an umbrella to you to walk to the plane so it can block the sun!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

If I were to date a Filipina, I would prefer shades of at least mestiza (Latin looking) to the darker tan ones (South Asian/Indigenous Islander).
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
GoodLife
Freshman Poster

Post by GoodLife »

You have very dark completioned indigenous populations all over the world some of which closely resemble afro americans

India

Sir lanka

Pakistan

Australian aborigines

Melanesia

Papua New Guinea people
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Env ... de-007.jpg