Discuss and talk about any general topic.

How many countries have you been to?

5+
74%
7%
11%
No votes
4%
4%

Total votes: 27
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Re: How many foreign countries have you been to?

Post by fightforlove »

I tally 20.

Ones I've spent the most time in: Spain, Mexico, and South Africa.

I've only been to England, Belgium, Luxembourg, Lesotho, Jamaica and Cayman Islands for a day each, but they were short, sweet experiences also. Would especially love to see more of England someday.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

travelsouth wrote:
OutWest wrote:
Ghost wrote:One of the current notions running around the forum is that most posters are whiners who have never gone anywhere, so we're going to put it to the test with a poll about how many countries you've visited.

I've been to six countries.

OK, gents, pony up.
Too many....way too many...
I think the rational position is to remember who the guy might be behind the computer that is doing the typing.

Going overseas is about getting away from a toxic culture and obesity. It doesn't remove biological factors. There are gringos that go overseas that repulse women too. Lack of social skills, fat, ugly, old looking for young, etc.

Few places can match the Philippines for loathesome foreigners. All too many Earl Buttcracks. Obese, poorly dressed in shorts and flip flops with a stained wife-beater T-shirt...
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

travelsouth wrote:
OutWest wrote:
Ghost wrote:One of the current notions running around the forum is that most posters are whiners who have never gone anywhere, so we're going to put it to the test with a poll about how many countries you've visited.

I've been to six countries.

OK, gents, pony up.
Too many....way too many...
I think the rational position is to remember who the guy might be behind the computer that is doing the typing.

Going overseas is about getting away from a toxic culture and obesity. It doesn't remove biological factors. There are gringos that go overseas that repulse women too. Lack of social skills, fat, ugly, old looking for young, etc.

Few places can match the Philippines for loathesome foreigners. All too many Earl Buttcracks. Obese, poorly dressed in shorts and flip flops with a stained wife-beater T-shirt...
Boxman
Freshman Poster

Post by Boxman »

Only three so far:
India
Britain
Singapore
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

USA
France
Italy (and currently in Sicily)
Greece
Spain (also Catalunia and Majorca)
Gibraltar
Hong Kong
Northern Ireland
Austria
Germany
Thailand
Japan
Malaysia
Vatican City (lol)
Wales
Scotland
China (Wuhan, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen)

...doing pretty well.

Of the above, I've lived in Spain, Thailand and China.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Zendo
Freshman Poster

Post by Zendo »

I've been to:

Tunisia
Malta
Cyprus
USA
Spain
Germany
France
Austria
Netherlands

They were all 7-14 day trips, most of them typical family holidays and a couple just with friends, not proper travelling like I hope to do next year sometime when I have saved enough money. It's a start though!
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

I have lived in the U.S my entire life and have never left, so I put 0. However, I'll be going to Russia this coming summer and hopefully I can spend a day or 2 in Germany on the way there or on the way back.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I have been to twelve countries in my life so far. Seeing as though I am still only in my early twenties, I would say this is a very decent score. As I write this, I am also "abroad".

Life is good. Traveling and exploring the world, trying to find something knew, experience something different, it's amazing and I can recommend it to anyone. I am pleased to see a lot of people here have already experienced 'the other side'. Of course: you can travel many countries, and still be a miserable whiner.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Syd Bellevue
Freshman Poster

Post by Syd Bellevue »

England
Ireland
Scotland
Germany
Canada
Mexico
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Poland
Lithuania
Latvia
Estonia
Russian Federation
Croatia
Bosnia-Herzegovina

Hopefully a few more to add next year! 8)
The last journey was only two months ago, and I've already been obsessing about leaving the U.S to venture abroad. The day will come when it's going to be longer term.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Ghost wrote:Not surprising, but Europeans tend to have visited many more countries than Americans. Having an EU passport is easy mode for travel. And I've seen how low those plane tickets can go in Europe too.

With some European countries being the size of small US states or even the size of some counties in the American West, it is possible to "travel far" and never leave a territory larger than California.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I've been to about 20 countries--including countries I've visited or lived-in when I was very young but don't remember too much now; My Father worked for the Korean embassy in Peru, so I got to travel all over South America as a young child. Don't remember too much except for some vague memories that pop-up in my head every once-in-a-while.

I've been to many different European countries since I was stationed in the U.K. with the U.S. Air Force. That really gave me easy access to all parts of Europe. It's quite easy to travel from the U.K. to other parts of Europe, both cheaply and conveniently. As for North America, I've been to Canada and Dominican Republic for vacation. I've never been to Mexico though, but I would like to visit one day. ...

Most of the countries I've visited in the world have been either in Europe or Asia. Since I'm in China now, I've gotten the chance to travel to many different Asian countries. I've really enjoyed my time traveling all over Asia, as I feel I'm suited to this region much more than the United States-- and this is also because I'm Asian--as I don't really 'fit-in' to the whole White/Black culture that dominates American society.

Anyway, I would love to travel to Africa and the Middle East sometime in the near future. Those are two areas of the world I have not done any traveling-in, but really fascinates me to this day. Egypt is one place I need to visit before I die.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

OutWest wrote:
Ghost wrote:Not surprising, but Europeans tend to have visited many more countries than Americans. Having an EU passport is easy mode for travel. And I've seen how low those plane tickets can go in Europe too.
With some European countries being the size of small US states or even the size of some counties in the American West, it is possible to "travel far" and never leave a territory larger than California.
You could say the same about the US along the East Coast. Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey etc.

However the entire EU is not such a small territory.

I have been in Portugal as well as in Finland, this is about 2000 miles, about 3400 km.
(about the same distance from Phoenix, Arizona to Miami, Florida)

I have been in Ireland and in Romania, this is about 1600 miles, about 2400 km.
(about the same distance from San Francisco, California to Dallas, Texas)

United States has about 322 million people, the EU has about 508 million people.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Yohan wrote:
OutWest wrote:
You could say the same about the US along the East Coast. Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey etc.

However the entire EU is not such a small territory.

I have been in Portugal as well as in Finland, this is about 2000 miles, about 3400 km.
(about the same distance from Phoenix, Arizona to Miami, Florida)

I have been in Ireland and in Romania, this is about 1600 miles, about 2400 km.
(about the same distance from San Francisco, California to Dallas, Texas)

United States has about 322 million people, the EU has about 508 million people.

It's true the entire EU combined is not tiny. However, with all of its countries combined, its 508 million people live on a land mass less than half that of the USA.
Balmung
Freshman Poster

Post by Balmung »

Other than the US, which is where I'm from:

Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Ireland, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Japan, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, and the Philippines (where I am now!). That's 25 by my count.

I've been to Canada dozens of times, due to growing up just a few hours drive from the border. Been to Germany for a whole summer as a teenager, staying with extended family (my grandfather was German). Spent nearly a year in China across several trips, studying and teaching English. On my second trip to the Philippines visiting a wonderful Filipina :)

Return to “General Discussions”